Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Blockchain technology survive without Crypto currency? - page 2. (Read 609 times)

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
Of course, since blockchain is just, in essence, a database and a ledger, storing information within its chains of block. It does not necessarily need to mint a token/coin in order to use the tech as production of new data in the process could form chains of blocks of data, too. It can be implemented wherever viable, and a secure way of handling data and validation, too that's why some banks, countries and institutions are already exploring the possibilities for blockchain applications.
Activity: 532
Merit: 15
Yes, crypto is just a bi-product of the Blockchain.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
Sorry for this naive question. But I always have this doubt in my mind.
In my opinion, it should not since Blockchain is engine and Cryto is fuel.
Anyhow, I am afraid that I might be wrong.

Cryptocurrency in this Cryptonomics seems promising but lacking of adoption I would need more advice from your guys.

Yes,  I don't think its a stupid question but blockchain in itself has variety of uses that may or may not be related to cryptocurrency. If you look around you will find out that there are many businesses who are using blockchain but you will not hear anything about them due to them not being in the crypto business and many businesses are choosing to implement blockchain in their system without implementing cryptocurrency which is not required as I mentioned.
Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
Only in a centralized fashion where there is no need for others to confirm blocks and host nodes.
Activity: 146
Merit: 1
don't know about crypto but block chain will never die
Activity: 1008

Cryptocurrency in this Cryptonomics seems promising but lacking of adoption I would need more advice from your guys.

I never thought about it. But it seems to me that the blockchain can easily live without cryptocurrency. Since I saw some projects that did not need a token.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...

Cryptocurrencies are just one application of blockchain, and if all cryptocoins get banned the technology will survive, because the application it has is huge. Blockchain offers a new and revolutionary way to manage databases, so, with or without cryptocurrencies blockchain has come to stay with us.

Thank you.

Anyway, your answer makes me nervous more about Crypto.
Mind I ask why you still believe in Crypto even Blockchain can survive by itself?

In my opinion, US Government will utilize Blockchain for using their own token.
In that case, how BTC will be value in that circumstance. I mean if all Blockchains are surviving individually....

the same way that bitcoin is valuable right now despite US government owning and printing US dollar which is a centralized form of money in physical form. if they change that form from physical to digital or to crypto that still doesn't change anything about bitcoin, bitcoin will still remain the same old decentralized cryptocurrency without inflation.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
It will, cryptos are not necessary for Blockchain to survive. Some governments are looking into Blockchain technology for their applications.
Activity: 182
Merit: 30

BLOCK-CHAIN gave birth to shit-coin,

There is no utility in Block-Chain other than creating more shit.

Does this answer your question?

Block-Chain is software & data-structure, Crypto is virtual game that morons play.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
Blockchain will survive without the crypto currencies, crypto is just one of the things that used blockchain technology, and crypto also the one that make blockchain become famous, but now blockchain already being develop into a lot of sectors, so blockchain does not rely on crypto, infact crypto is the one rely on blockchain, without blockchain crypto won't be appear
Activity: 317
Merit: 110
Interesting question, I think we have the budding blockchain industry because of Bitcoin.

Without the Bitcoin miners there would be no Bitcoin.

Without the Bitcoin rewards for miners there would be no Bitcoin mining.

Seems to me Bitcoin is the key component
Activity: 322
Merit: 17

I love to ask
Is blockchain capable of being a locomotive for crypto adoption?
Or at least a strong and positive publicity for the crypto
I hope the answer is yes Wink
Activity: 271
Merit: 10
Definitely yes, we are allready seeing more and more companies using Blockchain technology who have nothing to do with cryptocoins.  I believe that Blockchain will outlive cryptocoins.
Activity: 126
: ”Decentralized Digital Billboards”
One major reason of blockchain technology is cryptocurrency other there other uses that can be applied on the blockchain technology but cryptocurrency is a major factor
Activity: 434
Merit: 86
Community Manager
The Blockchain YES can survive without the support of the cryptocurrency. They were born together, but they can be separated. Equally the most affected would be the crypto because blockchain is what makes it work
Activity: 4
Merit: 0

Cryptocurrencies are just one application of blockchain, and if all cryptocoins get banned the technology will survive, because the application it has is huge. Blockchain offers a new and revolutionary way to manage databases, so, with or without cryptocurrencies blockchain has come to stay with us.

Thank you.

Anyway, your answer makes me nervous more about Crypto.
Mind I ask why you still believe in Crypto even Blockchain can survive by itself?

In my opinion, US Government will utilize Blockchain for using their own token.
In that case, how BTC will be value in that circumstance. I mean if all Blockchains are surviving individually....
Activity: 229
Merit: 3
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
In way that I see it blockchain is new technology that does not depend on crypto coin at all. So I believe that yes, blockchain can survive without coins an can be used for other things.
Activity: 378
Merit: 3
the blockchain is the backbone for cryptocurrency all the innovation projects development on blockchain are issued tokens in cryptocurrency format. both blockchain and crypto currency are useful in the market
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
its like asking

bank account data is saved on databases.
can databases survive without a bank involved

yes
data within a blockchain does not need to be financial
data within a database does not need to be bank records
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
YES.  not all blockchain projects have a token/crypto.  Not a terrible question.

So, with your answer, why do we need Cryptocurrency then? It seems what we love are benefits of Blockchain.
Pages:
Jump to: