Pages:
Author

Topic: Can bribery collapse a nation? - page 3. (Read 489 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 129
July 24, 2018, 09:42:47 AM
I cant say it can't but if you know what is happening in the real world you'll be surprised how often it happens. Though thinking deeply it is really happening even today bribery was an act to make things smoother and faster or maybe used as appreciation but with benefits. Lol in all governments bribery are often used to various of favors.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
July 24, 2018, 09:27:18 AM
A politician in my country was able to purchase 275buses in my country for his party in his bid to win the national secretary but the same party is in power and hospitals admit patients without beds.So I ask,will this country continue to exist? Honestly ,am afraid for the future of this world due to the high corrupt activities.

If there's rampant bribery or corruption, their's a chance that your country can be in deep trouble and the more people can't feed the mouth of their family, sooner or later they will go and commit crimes and will try to justify what they did is right. So it has a domino effect. I think that politician has a lot of explaining to do, because it has a deep repercussions. If the people can't take it anymore, they might go to the streets and clamour of a government change and I'm sure that it will be ugly because more blood will spill on the streets. But what can we do? People are already feed up with the corruption and bribes that's going on, so I guess your country will continue to suffer unless that party was overthrown and replaces by someone who thinks of his country first.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 24, 2018, 09:24:13 AM
A politician in my country was able to purchase 275buses in my country for his party in his bid to win the national secretary but the same party is in power and hospitals admit patients without beds.So I ask,will this country continue to exist? Honestly ,am afraid for the future of this world due to the high corrupt activities.
Actualy in my country there so many politician doing this kinds of  activities,corrupt and doing plunder into there homeland,thats why its only a natural everyday we face and we heard this kind of news,definetly there so many politicians now are been imprisoned and go in trial about this kind of case,but in other country once a politician became convicted they commit suicide into there own life,like in the country of japan.

Well i think that already answers your question. Bribery is always connected to corruption and corruption is often the reason for a country's demise. A few people's greed sadly affects majority of the people.
Activity: 882
Merit: 297
July 24, 2018, 09:17:57 AM

Corruption will lead to a fall nation. We pay taxes to sustain and improve the services and facilities we needed. However,  the benefits that a tax payers should get weren't given to the fullest.  This is because the a portion of the budget went to the hands of the corrupt government officials for their personal interests. And corrupt government officials should be eliminated to experience growth of the country.

Corruption is not new to any nation it is coming from old generation but still you can see lot of country are developing. So I think corruption won't be much affected until their are good persons who working with them.
Activity: 240
Merit: 0
July 24, 2018, 09:13:49 AM

Corruption will lead to a fall nation. We pay taxes to sustain and improve the services and facilities we needed. However,  the benefits that a tax payers should get weren't given to the fullest.  This is because the a portion of the budget went to the hands of the corrupt government officials for their personal interests. And corrupt government officials should be eliminated to experience growth of the country.
Activity: 57
July 24, 2018, 08:53:20 AM
thanks for this great and wonderful topic .for me yes it can collapse a nation
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
platform for everyday business
July 24, 2018, 08:06:43 AM
Actualy in my country there so many politician doing this kinds of  activities,corrupt and doing plunder into there homeland,thats why its only a natural everyday we face and we heard this kind of news,definetly there so many politicians now are been imprisoned and go in trial about this kind of case,but in other country once a politician became convicted they commit suicide into there own life,like in the country of japan.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
July 24, 2018, 08:00:53 AM
As long as the oppressed remained silent about the claim against them, the greed stole more.
Corruption, accountability, and Intermediary are one of the most critical advantages of long-term governance systems. I do not know about your country, but I think that the regime lasted for a long time without being opposed by anyone.

The situation you mentioned is a point of the sea of corruption and is only a small part of the mountain of corruption.
The development of systems such as Bitcoin may help in more transparency, as open source systems  "blockchain voting systems" can be used to add clarity.
Activity: 462
Merit: 14
July 24, 2018, 07:46:03 AM
Yes this is a sensitive issue in a certain country because there are some high ranking officials had receive something or getting bribe from someone for self interest and in return a favor that could result to a loss of a certain from that country. Like high ranking politicians could even sold one island from foreign country or let theme explore in that island which they think has a lot of natural resources could be taken away. If this will continue a nation will collapse.
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
July 24, 2018, 07:44:58 AM

Yes,bribery can collapse a nation slowly.My country is the biggest example for that.I don`t want to disclose my country,by the way.Corruption makes the politicians and the mafia even more rich and powerful,while the poor people remain poor.Corruption slowly destoys the market economy and fair business competition.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
July 24, 2018, 07:39:25 AM

If your people ignore their rights in pursuing changes then everything you said will continue and your country wil become nothing in existence sooner,why not try to read some books regarding how small country like PHILIPPINES do their part in something like this,the EDSA PEOPLE POWER is the first biggest rally that make a president step down from office and replaced by constitutional president.this is the voice of the people that you must do
Activity: 490
Merit: 2
July 24, 2018, 07:35:30 AM
can, because with a bribe, the law in a country will be weak. very weak, and that could undermine the strong foundation of the country.
drm
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
July 24, 2018, 07:29:27 AM
You would be surprised about all the shitty things they (can) do in order to prevent a collapse.
Activity: 49
Merit: 1
July 24, 2018, 07:25:42 AM
In my opinion, it is impossible to say whether the whole nation will be able to destroy corruption, but it can definitely worsen the lives of many citizens. It seems to me that in the future corruption will disappear and everything will fall into place.
Activity: 280
July 24, 2018, 07:19:20 AM
Bribery and corruption is not different with the other since these corrupt practices should not be tolerated and should be stopped. In our country, our president is particular with his promise to the people that he will stop corruption and currently the majority of the people in our country had experienced the change in the system. As a citizen in our country, I had a full support in the economic agenda of our president since he has high hopes for our country that one day it will be one of the promising countries in Asia.
Activity: 112
July 24, 2018, 06:22:35 AM
The country will exist but the government may collapse and that stinky politician will be on jail.  But it depends on all of you the people of your country.  Nothing can stop people power, even machine guns.
Activity: 126
July 24, 2018, 06:13:10 AM
It should be said that corruption is a profit-seeking in human nature, selfish genes are born, and secondly, loopholes in the system, power and lack of supervision, there will be room for power rent-seeking. Corruption undermines the credibility of the government.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 639
July 24, 2018, 05:46:26 AM
Of course, bribery can destroy a country. Bribery is part of corruption and it is very bad, anyone caught in such act should be severally punished for it. The same thing is happening in my country and I can tell you that it has destroyed even schools in our country. Students are bribing their teachers to pass their subjects and to pass exams.

Politicians are bribing people to vote for them, well I don’t need to mention that one cause they are campaigning, but it’s getting out of hand when they get to the extent of bribing those that are controls and counts votes just to rig the election or whatever.
Activity: 147
July 22, 2018, 02:56:23 AM
Can ... the government should give very heavy punishment to corruptors. corruptors must be put to death, because they are harming many people. even they can make people die of corruption. My country has not punished corruptors with any weight, I'm really disappointed.
Activity: 141
July 22, 2018, 01:59:55 AM
Yes, if the corruption continues and more and more, of course the country will experience a very big problem. The corrupt officials should know that if he continues to do so his country will be destroyed and if his country is destroyed he will not be able to prosper. in fact corruption is self-destructive.
Pages:
Jump to: