Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Canadians participate in ICO's? - page 2. (Read 464 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
1st Job Marketplace without Crypto Fluctuation
October 22, 2017, 10:39:37 PM
I am looking to create an ICO announcement thread here on bitcointalk. Looking for any one who provide that service I will appreciate it. Or I can get your junior member thread. Please contact me at @BoonTech (telegram handle)
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
October 22, 2017, 10:36:14 PM
Hey guys,

I've been really wanting to participate in some ICO's but i live in USA. I was thinking about doing the VPN thing but I am now learning about KYC compliances so I guess I wont be able to do that Sad

But I have some family that were born and live in Canada. Would they be able to participate in ICO? because I can tell them to buy me some lol.

I want to buy some UTRUST

anyone and anywhere in the world can participate in ico's at this point.
Activity: 518
Merit: 106
October 22, 2017, 10:17:14 PM
Hey guys,

I've been really wanting to participate in some ICO's but i live in USA. I was thinking about doing the VPN thing but I am now learning about KYC compliances so I guess I wont be able to do that Sad

But I have some family that were born and live in Canada. Would they be able to participate in ICO? because I can tell them to buy me some lol.

which I know, all ICO have rules and conditions that must be followed. but usually wherever we may participate in the ICO while we are able to follow the rules.
and remain cautious because of the many scams that circulate.  Grin
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
October 22, 2017, 10:11:38 PM
most ICO's I've seen asks if you are a US citizen and I haven't seen one asking if you're Canadian
Activity: 126
October 22, 2017, 10:09:23 PM
Usually most ICOs are only blocked for United States citizens, so Canadians should be fine. You have to check the specifics of a coin sale on their own website if you want more precise information.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
October 22, 2017, 10:06:49 PM
It will depend on the ICO you plan to participate in.  Some ICO's don't have any restrictions.  Some don't allow USA and China residents.  I don't think I've seen one that restricts Canadians yet.  I might be wrong though.  Just read the whitepaper and it should have the information in there.
Activity: 70
October 22, 2017, 09:46:34 PM
Still nothing stopping an american holding bitcoin / ether on cryptopia or in their own wallet - then sending funds to the ICO wallet address (ico thats not based in the US)

Activity: 98
October 22, 2017, 09:24:50 PM
How exactly can a country stop someone participating in an ICO? The whole point of crypto is that for most part it can be anonymous if you want it to be.

KYC, regulation on ICO issuers and shutting down entry and exit points - e.g. exchanges
Activity: 70
October 22, 2017, 09:19:13 PM
How exactly can a country stop someone participating in an ICO? The whole point of crypto is that for most part it can be anonymous if you want it to be.
Activity: 2562
Merit: 577
October 22, 2017, 07:52:15 PM
Yes you can do it mate, i dont know why have you opened this thread if everybody knows that only Japaneses, Chineses and those from the US are not allowed to participate in any ico or ipo that is about a new cryptocurrency. Be quiet and invest as much as you can, but only as much as you can afford to lose because a lot of ico's are only being created for scamming purposes, so be careful about those kind of programs and make a good desition about it.
Activity: 303
http://aaacoin.us
October 22, 2017, 07:24:40 PM
Yes, you can. here's one example - http://aaacoin.us
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
October 22, 2017, 07:23:47 PM
Far as i know canadians can invest in ico's, but it is going to be a difficult task if you are going to participate with more than $10k because they have serious security layers for payments upto ten thousand dollars.
Anyway, i dont think that there is people who invest more than 10k, because it is a huge amount of money to participate into an ico.
But yes, you can do it as far as i know, maybe you can look for some information on Saint Google too.
Activity: 154
🌟 MIRA ICO 🌟
October 22, 2017, 07:22:40 PM
Everything is ICO dependent but in general yes Canadians can participate in most if not all ICOs. The main restrictions I keep seeing for ICOs is for people in the USA and also sometimes for people in Singapore. You okay  Smiley
Activity: 448
Arabic Translator
October 22, 2017, 07:20:54 PM
go to ICO you want then ask them whether you can join or not !
Activity: 1274
Merit: 267
October 22, 2017, 07:05:57 PM
As far as I know, UTRUST is now evaluating the acceptance of U.S. residents in their upcoming ICO and you can sign up your interest.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
October 22, 2017, 06:54:00 PM
Hey guys,

Pages:
Jump to: