Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Cats sense Earthquakes and other disaters - page 2. (Read 1693 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
This is true. Usually when a disaster as such happens, no animals get harmed.
No animals get harmed? I think cats and such can probably just feel the vibrations before we can.
They tend to leave the area which gets struck by disaster. I think that almost every animal can sense this. The question is how.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
This says no http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/can-animals-predict-disaster/tall-tales-or-true/131/

If you mean seconds before, I would guess animals lower to the ground can feel/hear the vibrations first.

Yeah, lower center of gravity, plus animals are covered in hairs that can probably sense vibrations with them easier.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
MAkes sense.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
This says no http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/can-animals-predict-disaster/tall-tales-or-true/131/

If you mean seconds before, I would guess animals lower to the ground can feel/hear the vibrations first.
Activity: 756
I heard cats can sense all types of dangers, like they have sixth sense like spider man?
Cats, along with other domestic and wild animals, seem to sense impending natural disasters like earthquakes and tsunamis. Scientists can't fully explain this phenomenon. However they emphasize this isn't a paranormal sixth sense but an example of how animals receive sensory data beyond the range of human perception

No animals get harmed? I think cats and such can probably just feel the vibrations before we can.
legendary
Terminated.
I heard cats can sense all types of dangers, like they have sixth sense like spider man?
Cats, along with other domestic and wild animals, seem to sense impending natural disasters like earthquakes and tsunamis. Scientists can't fully explain this phenomenon. However they emphasize this isn't a paranormal sixth sense but an example of how animals receive sensory data beyond the range of human perception
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
In 1975, Haicheng, China, a city of 1 million, experienced a 7.3-magnitude earthquake. The city experienced foreshocks for days and months prior to the quake, and behavior of local animals in the days before was telling. Snakes came out of hibernation in the middle of winter to flee, people witnessed restless behavior among animals -- and the city took notice. Haicheng evacuated just days before the disaster, potentially saving more than 100,000 lives. The animals of Haicheng may have been responding simply to foreshocks that everyone felt, or foreshocks that humans couldn't perceive. Whatever the case, the animals responded first, and people followed their lead.
Activity: 448
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
I never asked them, neither they told me that they do. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
Cats and dogs are able to hear a wider range of sounds. A normal human can hear sounds ranging in frequency from 20Hz to 23 KHz, while a cat can hear sounds which range from 45 Hz to 64KHz.
Activity: 462
Pretty sure that there is evidence that some animals have this gift
DIdn't birds, dogs etc seek higher ground well before the Tsunami hit in 2004?
legendary
Terminated.

Do they feel that they are a disaster ?

This cat is not a disaster.
I don't believe that they can sense Earthquakes, nor have I heard of such a thing yet.
Activity: 285
Turning money into heat since 2011.
They sense everything, but they won't get off their asses unless they think they're getting food out of the deal.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125

Do they feel that they are a disaster ?
Activity: 705
It  could feel the P-Waves or Primary Waves. These are much less noticeable than S-Waves or Secondary Waves and Surface Waves which occur a short time later in that order.
+1
But the time window between cats reaction and disaster is actually very small and depends on the position of the epicenter.
It's not like you're going to see cats flee from the city 1 week before the disaster.
Activity: 350
It  could feel the P-Waves or Primary Waves. These are much less noticeable than S-Waves or Secondary Waves and Surface Waves which occur a short time later in that order.
They piss in peoples shoes.
Activity: 366
Cats are shit so probably not.

LOL I dont like cats either.
Cats are shit so probably not.
Pages:
Jump to: