Pages:
Author

Topic: Can I get a third party to look at this message log and mediate? [Resolved, seller gave work out for free] - page 2. (Read 2746 times)

Activity: 493
Merit: 500
One signature for 0.125btc is to much by anyone standards. I just paid 0.15btc for 3 really nice signatures. There was a lack of communication here and maybe best thing is to meet somewhere around 0.06btc for them but should not really pay more than 0.05btc for a signature unless it is from one of the top experienced designers. Just my 2 pennies for what they are worth.
copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
OP asked for example (to multiple users). some of them also won't get paid. this is competition.
I agree to what people said above. talk it out.

edit:
at first I thought both parties never agreed on 0.125 and I was wrong. OP did agreed.
Activity: 643
Merit: 264
I can interpret the conversation in two very different ways:

1) There was no deal at all, Razerglass was simply asking for some examples / reference work before contracting Coinnosaurus
2) Razerglass agree to have Coinnosaurus design the signature for only seniors at BTC0.125

The second statement is derived from the first.
He was asking for some examples of previous works :
Looking to have 2-3 different styles made please PM me with examples of your best
So I sent him my examples then we agreed at 0.125

From the messages posted here Razerglass never said they would pay BTC0.035. They only mentioned they had another offer to do the job for BTC0.035.
Exactly

Coinnosaurus started work assuming they were contracted to do it for BTC0.125 without having an explicit confirmation of that.

I'd say both parties are at fault for not being explicit and specific about any deal. Both probably acted on good faith and this is the result of a misunderstanding.

My suggestion is that both parties talk together and come to an agreement where they both take part of the loss.

The confirmation was this message

Activity: 764
I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint
I can interpret the conversation in two very different ways:

1) There was no deal at all, Razerglass was simply asking for some examples / reference work before contracting Coinnosaurus
2) Razerglass agree to have Coinnosaurus design the signature for only seniors at BTC0.125

From the messages posted here Razerglass never said they would pay BTC0.035. They only mentioned they had another offer to do the job for BTC0.035. Coinnosaurus started work assuming they were contracted to do it for BTC0.125 without having an explicit confirmation of that.

I'd say both parties are at fault for not being explicit and specific about any deal. Both probably acted on good faith and this is the result of a misunderstanding.

My suggestion is that both parties talk together and come to an agreement where they both take part of the loss.
legendary
Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000
In my opinion, you have a problem because of these messages.

If someone quotes you a price in response to your request for one, you really don't want to be answering "Ok....." and then specifying exactly what you want them to do, if you don't find the price acceptable....I can see how he saw that as acceptance of his quote tbh.

-snip-

I agree with this thinking also. The simple "ok" gave the other guy the indication that you accepted his price.
You know that wasn't your intention, but that's not how he took it unfortunately.

Hope you guys can comprise - the half way point seems the best imo.

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005
New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit
I think why don't you agree on a reasonable price for the work?

I value it at more than 0.035BTCRoll Eyes
I said OK asking for a example.

Then You give me photoshop picture.

I say before you start on the signature ( you only give me photoshop example ) I tell you 0.035 is the current bid. You proceed with sending me the code. From the first two replies from the community it appears that this is on you.

EDIT: I would like my bitcoin returned I will NOT be using this signature
Dude you hear only what you want to hear .I will not refund you nothing because I wasted several good hours to make this signature ,asshole

Wait wait wut?!  That junk you sent took you several hours?  That doesn't even look photoshopped, that looks like you spent 15 minutes in MS Paint before saying "fuck it. That's good enough".  Asking .125 btc for that laughable.  I wouldn't of paid 1k sat for that.  Maybe 1 sat on a good day.  Most I would of outright said no. 

I can use Paint better than you can and that is really sad...
Alright I want to see this but in BB code  Wink
Activity: 530

I say before you start on the signature ( you only give me photoshop example ) I tell you 0.035 is the current bid. You proceed with sending me the code. From the first two replies from the community it appears that this is on you.

Dude you hear only what you want to hear .I will not refund you nothing because I wasted several good hours to make this signature ,asshole

Wait wait wut?!  That junk you sent took you several hours?  That doesn't even look photoshopped, that looks like you spent 15 minutes in MS Paint before saying "fuck it. That's good enough".  Asking .125 btc for that laughable.  I wouldn't of paid 1k sat for that.  Maybe 1 sat on a good day.  Most I would of outright said no. 

I can use Paint better than you can and that is really sad...

legendary
Activity: 1036
https://bmy.guide

Sorry for our lack of Communication. But I never said I wanted you to work on this signature. The "ok" message was a batch message sent to about 12 participants who sent me their examples.

Some things to note, this designer sent me a price with the first couple messages. After receiving tons of examples and offers from a ton of people. He finally replied and sent me the example I requested, and it looked completely photoshopped. I replied with
before you get started on it , I have a offer from someone else to do one similar for 0.035, and after I would have some additional work

Am I wrong to think that if he wants to accept the job it will be for 0.035? ... In my personal opinion He should of replied   " 0.035 , NO THANKS " but instead he quoted me and continued on the conversation.. So I would like a public review of this message log and people tell me who is trippin here?

Alright .. so as he said I sent him a message saying that this will cost him 0.125BTC

Then he replied " Ok let me see your example"

So I started to work and in few hours I had a prototype (the logo and text part was completed I mean the code ,remained only to make that underline which I drew in paint only to see razer's reaction),then I asked him if he likes this design or I have to change something.

Then the next day he replies back saying that "before you get started on it, I have another offer for 0.035 bla bla"

Seeing that he didn't noticed that the signature was almost done I told him a second time

Then he didn't respond and I thought he understood.
legendary
And my first question would be why didn't you included this message also ?

All those messages in your picture are in my picture as well. Thanks for joining the conversation Smiley

The only deal was for you to provide me a example. You took it upon your self to 'get started' after providing me that photoshopped picture.
And my first question would be why didn't you included this message also ?

Ok so here it goes.

Looking to have 2-3 different styles made please PM me with examples of your best

Please note, I ask for a example. I do not accept or ask for any of these designers to START on a signature.

Yes you were asked for previous examples , but in the moment that you gave green light to someone to make you a signature this isn't anymore an "example" my friend.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
In my opinion, you have a problem because of these messages.

If someone quotes you a price in response to your request for one, you really don't want to be answering "Ok....." and then specifying exactly what you want them to do, if you don't find the price acceptable....I can see how he saw that as acceptance of his quote tbh.

Pretty amateurish really, but not half as bad as

BITCOIN REWROTE FROM SCRATCH.

Is this meant to mean "Bitcoin rewritten from scratch"? Whatever that means?
legendary
You never wrote, mentioned or agreed to a price of 0.125, that price was only ever stated by Coinosourus. I think both parties are slightly at fault for not confirming and now both think the other is a scammer when neither users are. There is clearly a communication issue error between these messages.  There should have been a confirmation message confirming the price since there was a discrepancy. Now you have this awkward situation. Maybe meet in the middle 0.08BTC and call it even?

Yes I agree, This is my first time REQUESTING service through bitcointalk. I'm very used to dealing with clients outside of this scene so in these private messages alot of the formalities on double checking the agreement and verifying what is being received and delivered never happened. Part of the reason for this being is because I never directly said "OK YES I like this example please get started on it" He took it upon himself to do this work when i simply asked for a mocked up example.
legendary
it looks to me that both parties were at fault because
1. you said discussed. but you never actually discussed it.
2. the other user really wanted the money and replied without even reading your PM thoroughly.

I think this problem can be resolved if you ask the other user to return that 0.035BTC. if he refuse to send them back, you're free to use it.

that's just my opinion.

Well that did not go as expected.  I never remember directly hiring him... just asking for a "example" of what hes product would look like IF I chose him... I feel like I am being held hostage by this code he sent me. after I asked for a example Sad
Activity: 798
Merit: 506
Thank satoshi
it looks to me that both parties were at fault because
1. you said discussed. but you never actually discussed it.
2. the other user really wanted the money and replied without even reading your PM thoroughly.

I think this problem can be resolved if you ask the other user to return that 0.035BTC. if he refuse to send them back, you're free to use it.

that's just my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179
You never wrote, mentioned or agreed to a price of 0.125, that price was only ever stated by Coinosourus. I think both parties are slightly at fault for not confirming and now both think the other is a scammer when neither users are. There is clearly a communication issue error between these messages.  There should have been a confirmation message confirming the price since there was a discrepancy. Now you have this awkward situation. Maybe meet in the middle 0.08BTC and call it even?
legendary
Ok so here it goes.

Here I am trying to get some designers to PM me with examples of their work so I can find someone to make me a few signatures.

I then receive about a dozen messages from different designers and I send them all the same message.

before you get started on it , I have a offer from someone else to do one similar for 0.035, and after I would have some additional work

Am I wrong to think that if he wants to accept the job it will be for 0.035? ... In my personal opinion He should of replied   " 0.035 , NO THANKS " but instead he quoted me and continued on the conversation.. So I would like a public review of this message log and people tell me who is trippin here?

Not sure who is at fault here. There was clearly a communication problem here. But I want to stand my ground on the fact that I said 0.035 Is what I will pay. and he decided to go ahead and send me the code without even verifying if i really want him to design it or not. This is why I asked for a example. Feedback please.

Pages:
Jump to: