Pages:
Author

Topic: can i get banned for image repost.. - page 2. (Read 280 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
February 07, 2023, 05:53:54 PM
There is no definite stance on image plagiarism. It's unethical to copy someone else's work, be it a text, image, table or graph and present that as yours without any reference to the original author,  but it would likely not get you a ban.

It is less straightforward to get the original source of an image or video, so it usually isn't checked on the forum. If you're still confused, then just reference where you got it from.
Activity: 854
Merit: 539
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 07, 2023, 05:51:57 PM
Why not made it so simple for yourself by calling a spade a spade, you're getting an image from twitter and wanted to use it for your own purpose, is the image yours? what does it takes you from given reference to the source, it might even make your work more neat and trusted than claiming what does not belong to you, this is same thing as doing plagiarism but this time not an article but an image, so why not make it more professional by giving reference, what does it takes from you in doing so.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
February 07, 2023, 05:51:49 PM
The reason for this my question is just the fear i enquired when I stumbled upon a thread on meta where i see so many accounts have been banned and most of them are due to copying of original work without making reference to it @plagiarism. So i simply want to know if the same rules apply to image even when the topic its use is a totally different thread.

You gave yourself the answer, leave a reference link where did you get the picture from, and you won't have a problem with plagiarism.
again, it all depends on what kind of image it is and in what context you use it here. For example, if you share some of the well-known memes, you probably don't need to add references. But if you share someone's else technical analysis images and you present them as your own without reference, it can be considered abuse and plagiarism.
Activity: 546
Merit: 342
February 07, 2023, 05:30:16 PM
I have been on the forum for some time now and i have been reading and also i have learnt so many things but there is just this one curiosity i have in me about creating a thread with pictures and I wanted to clear my doubt on this. I just want to if I  can be penalized for using an image gotten from twitter to create an entirely different work or thread here in the forum without making any reference to the original tweet that contains such picture

The reason for this my question is just the fear i enquired when I stumbled upon a thread on meta where i see so many accounts have been banned and most of them are due to copying of original work without making reference to it @plagiarism. So i simply want to know if the same rules apply to image even when the topic its use is a totally different thread.
Pages:
Jump to: