Pages:
Author

Topic: Can I pay off my loan without using FIAT before the end of the week? - page 2. (Read 27494 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
There is no third party just the buyer and my bank.  The buyer of the coins pays my debt by placing cash into my account.  You can make it sound more complicated if you want but I don't see the point. 
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
He's saying:

"I" can't pay it off if "somebody else" is paying it off. 

But if you are giving something to the other guy, then it amounts to the same thing. If you start with a debt of X dollars, and after giving a guy (bitcoins, a blowjob, dollars, whatever) the debt is repaid, then it does not matter exactly what happened, you payed off your loan.
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
What Mylon said. This convoluted discussion boils down to two separate transactions, each with its own legal aspects and cans of worms. Not saying any cans of worms would get opened, but who knows.

User "seller" says he owns bitcoins, and owes dollars. Instead of selling his bitcoins for dollars, and paying off the loan, he is creating a complicated third-party-payment situation.

If he doesn't like the price he can get at an exchange, he is welcome to make an offer and wait, or to make an offer OTC or through local markets and wait.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Mining FTW
I am not willing to pay a premium.  If I were I'd just go sell to the exchanges.  I'm looking for a better price for my hard earned coin.

I want to sell 70+ btc today for a cash deposit in my bank.  Price is mt gox + 10%. 

That should be clear enough.

Ok, good luck!!! (think your then better of searching for people willing to pay premium for BTC... rather than posting yourself... but then again.. you do have a lot not so smart people)
I am not willing to pay a premium.  If I were I'd just go sell to the exchanges.  I'm looking for a better price for my hard earned coin.

I want to sell 70+ btc today for a cash deposit in my bank.  Price is mt gox + 10%. 

That should be clear enough.

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Mining FTW
First off, you're confusing the hell out of people with loads of crap.

What you want, (correct me if I'm wrong here) is to sell $8500 worth of BTC and / or LTC. (don't pin me on this rate, but thats about 85 bitcoins, or 4250 litecoins)

Why aren't you advocating that you want to sell that? (through escrow, wire only)

Why do you have to make it very confusing for everybody with paying off this loan and other BS... which has nothing to do with what you want... trade 85 bitcoins into us dollars...

Until you actually change this thing around and make it simple and understandable for buyers (I want to sell A for price B) with escrow, wire only. You won't find any Buyers, purely because you over complicate things.

Next off I suggest you make the deal attractive for buyers, the best example of how you should something like this is right here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ended-100-500-btc-pay-by-wirecheckgold-willing-to-pay-a-premium-195173 (Casascius, hope you don't mind me referencing you Wink )

Do that, and it won't take you more than a couple of days to get the cash together.
I don't remember your exact post but I'm pretty sure it wasn't as "professional" as this one.

I have coins.  I want to pay off a few loans.  I will use escrow.  I am trying to sell at Mt Gox +10%.  I figure people are willing to pay bitinstant's fees and all I need is cash in a bank account so it should be an easy sale for a buyer who is not yet tied directly to the exchanges.

Activity: 886
Um...you don't seem like you're trying very hard to get a taker for your offer.

I wasn't trolling when I asked if you were asking that we pay you btc-e's exchange rate PLUS 10% in fiat (instead of the opposite, where you we pay you fiat and you pay us btc-e's exchange rate +10%). I just wanted to understand the terms.

But you deleted my post. Why bother posting an ad if you are going to delete questions from those who take it seriously?
He's saying:

"I" can't pay it off if "somebody else" is paying it off. 
He's arguing about grammar and the English language, don't fall into his tarpit.

I am usually pretty good at spotting grammar issues, but I think I am lost on this one. Could you explain more?
He's arguing about grammar and the English language, don't fall into his tarpit.
Technically, you cannot pay off your USD loan by having somebody else pay it off in exchange for whatever (bitcoins, blowjob, a used car). This distinction may become important in case of either of the two deals going bad.

Why wouldn't he be able to do such a thing? Saying "send X dollars to bank account Y (which happens to be my loan account) and I will send Z bitcoins to you" is no different than saying "send X dollars to bank account Y (which happens to be my savings account) and I will send Z bitcoins to you".

Or is the you bolded because only he is not able to do this, and other people would?
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
Technically, you cannot pay off your USD loan by having somebody else pay it off in exchange for whatever (bitcoins, blowjob, a used car). This distinction may become important in case of either of the two deals going bad.
ok well how about post the bitcoin address then so we can see what you are rolling with...thanks

You accused me of breaking the law and being a scammer.  I've asked you to leave my threads.  I'm happy to put my coin in JohnK's hands today if anyone is serious about trading.  I am not interested in window shoppers, thanks and good bye for the last time techic.

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266
> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500
so far all I understand is send you money for nothing i smell something stinks around here imo..thanks

Generally when someone tries to screw you over, they make it sound like a really good deal.  This sounds like a terrible deal, so if he's a scammer he's a bad one.
I have lots of coins.  I can handle both, thank you for asking.
Oh no, I want to trade today no derail.  Let me buy your coins, please.  I have a bunch of btc burning a hole in my pocket, come on dude, hook a brother up.

Is this in addition to the bitcoins you are trying to use to pay your debt, or would buying his silver make you cancel the auction?
Oh no, I want to trade today no derail.  Let me buy your coins, please.  I have a bunch of btc burning a hole in my pocket, come on dude, hook a brother up.

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
I guess it al depends on if your orders get filled.

Smoothie, congratulations on your new offering.  Please link it in this thread so people can see.  It's GORGEOUS.

edit:  Click the yellow link above in smoothie's signature.  Warning, it may cause drooling.

>>> LEALANA PHYSICAL SILVER LITECOINS <<<

WINNING!

Hey dude, wanna trade?  I'll give you coin today to be the first customer.  I will NEVER EVER EVER open the ones I buy.  Please please please plea
Well I wouldnt want to derail someone else's thread. Sorry OP.

Hence why it is in my signature.  Smiley
I guess it al depends on if your orders get filled.

Smoothie, congratulations on your new offering.  Please link it in this thread so people can see.  It's GORGEOUS.

edit:  Click the yellow link above in smoothie's signature.  Warning, it may cause drooling.

>>> LEALANA PHYSICAL SILVER LITECOINS <<<

WINNING!

Hey dude, wanna trade?  I'll give you coin today to be the first customer.  I will NEVER EVER EVER open the ones I buy.  Please please please plea
Pages:
Jump to: