Pages:
Author

Topic: Can I start mining on my old PCs? - page 2. (Read 349 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 250
May 26, 2019, 04:39:39 AM
You can mine on them and earn some coins on monthly basis, your computers are old but not useless considering the specifications you posted above.
Read this article for more details and I hope you shall get some useful information there https://en.bitcoinwiki.org/wiki/Amp/CPU_mining
Activity: 616
Merit: 167
May 26, 2019, 04:18:51 AM
If you got a newish GPU for those computers you could mine with it.

Your computers by themselves if mining anything  (if they could) would cost more in electricity than what they could mine.

Anything like a gtx 1060 6gb or better could mine. Go to a website like whattomine to check out the differences.
Activity: 861
Merit: 281
May 26, 2019, 04:05:12 AM
CPU mining is a thing of a past and even if people who indulge in CPU mining in this time have modern and powerful CPUs (Ryzen, Xenon, etc.) to make it any profitable.
Anyway, can you mention the proper model number for the motherboard you have and the CPU model for the first one?
It'll help to better assist you.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
May 25, 2019, 01:19:59 PM
You are in the wrong part of the forum. You can't mine bitcoin with cpu or gpu. You need to ask in the ALT Coin part of the forum here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=160.0
Activity: 742
Merit: 12
May 25, 2019, 08:31:48 AM
Just wondering if I can utilize my old PCs to start mining cryptos. But not sure where to start for those old types of equipment. Need advice.
Here is some small information about the equipment I have in my storeroom:
What I'm looking for? Which GPU should I buy for each PC? I mean which one will support with them. Also, you can suggest any CPU mining coin.

1. Quad-core 2.9, Intel G41 mainboard, 8 GB RAM, 1 GB internal graphics
Which GPU best suits this one for mining? (if any)

2. Core 2 Duo, Intel G31 mainboard, 4GB RAM, 1 shared graphics

3. Core i5-650, H-55 mainboard, 4GB RAM, 1 GB onboard graphics

Thanks in advance for your valuable time.
Pages:
Jump to: