Pages:
Author

Topic: Can London be a Global Bitcoin Hub? - page 3. (Read 2515 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
April 27, 2015, 02:52:35 AM
I would say that London and New York are the LEAST likely cities to become the global bitcoin hub. They are already the headquarters of the fiat system. If a central bitcoin location were to emerge it would probably by somewhere in the the third world.
well, it is connected with the Australian government.
What is connected with the Australian government?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
April 27, 2015, 02:26:56 AM
I would say that London and New York are the LEAST likely cities to become the global bitcoin hub. They are already the headquarters of the fiat system. If a central bitcoin location were to emerge it would probably by somewhere in the the third world.
well, it is connected with the Australian government.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
April 27, 2015, 02:20:49 AM

the bit licence can make this happen quickly(at least for new york), because it regulate bitcoin, other countries are still trying to determinate what bitcoin is, i doubt it would emerge in a third world country first...
Activity: 252
www.CloudThink.IO
April 27, 2015, 02:19:45 AM

Come on maan of course it will be the global bitcoin hub the government of the UK has already decided what it is going to do hence the regulations so their banks feel safer and can get involved more. New york and London will make or break it if it goes to the CITY then very good things ahead as the best financial minds in the world. It will not be let to emerge somewhere in the third world if it was there would be no regulation, plus all the money they have spent on research to better understand it. Last i checked was £12million as a start for research.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
April 27, 2015, 02:16:38 AM

There is still chance that London and New York can become central because there are so many people that using bitcoin there and may be there is having a company that will pay by using bitcoin. This is why they still have a chance to to become Bitcoin hub
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
April 27, 2015, 02:06:44 AM
It's a possibility, there are a few Australian bitcoin companies running off to the UK so they and there customers don't have to pay the 10% gst imposed on crypto by the Aus government.
Activity: 266
April 27, 2015, 01:53:30 AM
A month after the British government announced plans to implement stricter regulation on bitcoin, other authorities have expressed their desire to make London a hub for the digital currency. Support for the bitcoin was seen as a step closer to financial innovation and leadership, although officials still clarified that regulations should be implemented to prevent the use of the cryptocurrency in criminal activities.

Elsewhere in the city, bitcoin enthusiasts have formed a club to discuss ideas on the industry and regularly hold meetings every Tuesday evening. Called the CoinScrum, the group comprises around 2,000 individuals who are leading the drive to make London home for bitcoin trading.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/04/16/can-london-be-a-global-bitcoin-hub/
Pages:
Jump to: