Pages:
Author

Topic: Can my TSB bank account be closed for trading bitcoins? - page 2. (Read 4436 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

UK banks are a major pain in the arse, they always were back when i played online poker professionally and made "gambling cash outs" and still to this day can be funny.  The rest of UK is very accepting of bitcoin.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
UK banks are fast becoming a serious menace to btc
They are dinosaurs that are gonna get it between the eyes one way or the other
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Make an anonymous phone call to the bank and ask them. I know that many banks don't like bitcoin, but thats neither here nor there. I've only heard them close accounts that buy/sell a lot of coin, but thats in the USA, not sure of Europe. but it wouldn't hurt to give them a call and see what they say.
Activity: 777
Merit: 500
Activity: 777
Merit: 500
Hi, my sisters TSB bank account was suspended for buying 2 btc worth a bit over £600. I asked her to buy it for me and I sent the money from my paypal (using my debit card) to her paypal and she withdrawed it to her bank account. I did this because I don't have online banking and the banks were closed at the time to make a cash deposit into her account. However, when buying 2 btc off a seller on localbitcoins her bank suspended her bank account and asked her to come in to one of the TSB branches with my statement showing them that I sent her a bit over £600 via PayPal. But they didn't accept the statement because it was printed off from a machine in branch and they wanted an official stamped one. So now I have to go to her bank with her and bring my stamped statement from my bank and a photo id (I'm under 18). But the question I want to ask is, will her bank account be closed for buying 2 btc? (the payment for the 2 btc was declined anyway by the bank, probably because she normally doesn't use that account much). Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: