Pages:
Author

Topic: Can not post, IP blocked - page 2. (Read 595 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 6
October 25, 2019, 05:21:44 PM
Did you open a new account? If yes, then it was probably blocked due to some level of evil associated with the IP. In the error message there is a payment process which lifts the ban on posting. I'm guessing the units of evil associated with your area was lower when you registered this account or you changed location.
Theymos explains it more here;
When you register, the IP that you used when you submitted the registration form is used to calculate your evilness. The more frequently this IP or its neighbors were banned, the more evil is associated with your account. The amount of evil associated with an IP decays slowly over time, but the amount of evil associated with an account does not. You must pay or be manually whitelisted to enable posting on one of these "banned" accounts.

Here are some stats:

Evil% new users
0-135
1-104.4
10-200.80
20-502.2
50-1001.3
100+2.9

Currently each unit of evil requires a payment of 4023 satoshi. You only need to pay something if you have 1 or more, though.

I've had an account for a while, and it's this one. It's the only one I have.

I'll try posting again. My post did possibly contain a keyword that was not allowed.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1759
October 25, 2019, 12:18:20 PM
I tried to make a couple of posts to the main bitcoin discussion. I am using a VPN, but the first time I tried positing my VPN was actually switched off, so I'm not sure what's going on.
I'm not saying and not accusing you of creating too many accounts.

Fact:
In general, IP Addresses can record location information, devices, websites that you visit up to anywhere.
But precisely if you use a VPN site that you enter the more clearly visible your IP address from the server it is definitely connected to you.
But if you have detected or been VPN blacklisted, it is very difficult for you to do and enter any website.

When you are in the process of using VPN, it is certain that the data you type is overstepping hundreds of ports,
In general: Most network administrators block (port) the most commonly used VPN users, instead they are messy VPN users when accessing VPN networks.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
October 25, 2019, 11:12:45 AM
I tried to make a couple of posts to the main bitcoin discussion. I am using a VPN, but the first time I tried positing my VPN was actually switched off, so I'm not sure what's going on.

I never had a problem posting before.

If you're saying that you're getting blocked when you don't use VPN then it's probably your ISP doing the blocking.
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
October 25, 2019, 05:34:25 AM
What's the error message you receive? That might make it a little easier to figure out whats going on here. You've already registered, and made a few posts, and using a VPN on the forum is fine. So, I guess the question would be; is it this account that you were trying to post with, but got blocked?
October 25, 2019, 05:26:29 AM

I never had a problem posting before.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
October 24, 2019, 03:52:39 PM
Is anybody else having this problem?
How did you make this post?
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
October 24, 2019, 03:45:23 PM
Did you open a new account? If yes, then it was probably blocked due to some level of evil associated with the IP. In the error message there is a payment process which lifts the ban on posting. I'm guessing the units of evil associated with your area was lower when you registered this account or you changed location.
Theymos explains it more here;
When you register, the IP that you used when you submitted the registration form is used to calculate your evilness. The more frequently this IP or its neighbors were banned, the more evil is associated with your account. The amount of evil associated with an IP decays slowly over time, but the amount of evil associated with an account does not. You must pay or be manually whitelisted to enable posting on one of these "banned" accounts.

Here are some stats:

Evil% new users
0-135
1-104.4
10-200.80
20-502.2
50-1001.3
100+2.9

Currently each unit of evil requires a payment of 4023 satoshi. You only need to pay something if you have 1 or more, though.
October 24, 2019, 03:41:13 PM
Is anybody else having this problem?
Pages:
Jump to: