Pages:
Author

Topic: can satoshi kill bitcoin? - page 4. (Read 6084 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
December 13, 2013, 04:00:56 AM
Code wise, bitcoin has grown beyond the control of any one person now.  However, Satoshi does own close to 1,000,000 bitcoins.  If he sold them all at one time, it would likely seriously depress the market price of bitcoins.  I think that's about the only serious negative thing he could do, and I can't imagine why he'd want to really, as I'm sure he wants his bitcoins to be worth as much as possible, just like most everyone else does.
Activity: 896
Merit: 102
December 13, 2013, 03:56:51 AM
Don't worry CIA Gavin is already sabotaging and will kill it when his masters give him the command
Activity: 508
Merit: 500
December 13, 2013, 01:52:43 AM
No. Everything is open source.
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
December 13, 2013, 01:15:57 AM
In a hypothetical situation, if satoshi ever comes back, does he has the power to kill crypotcurrency?

What can he do to make bitcoin valueless? What if he comes back and spread some ugly news about bitcoin? What if he comes back and sell all his bitcoins away? What if he comes back and say xxxcoin is the way to go? What is going to happen to bitcoin?

If satoshi is nsa or some scamming group, can he/they potentially use this power to control or destroy the whole world once bitcoin is accepted into the mainstream? If thats the case, all the mining gears, stock exchanges and all industry that builds around bitcoin will disappear in a day.

What if satoshi is a sadist or has emotional problems? are we all too naive to follow the tail of an anonymous person?

will that day every come?

Pages:
Jump to: