Pages:
Author

Topic: can some one help me? - page 5. (Read 6490 times)

HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
June 02, 2017, 06:02:27 PM
So there were no .key files anywhere in the %appdata%\MultiBit directory or subdirectories?

If you've had the wallet for a while there are bound to be backup files in there... They get generated automatically. I would not give up hope just yet, there are a couple more things you can try. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846
June 02, 2017, 04:47:47 PM
 This is so sad and heartbreaking I spent a lot of money(For Me) to be a part of bitcoin.  Then when it starts to go up to be  worth more than my saving and checking acct. together.  It Just Disappears.   The block chain failed for me.

So I guess I will have to start from Nothing again.  I may never get back to the .77 of a bitcoin  I had again.  So Sad!!

Everyone  Backup, Backup and Backup again.  You can loose it all with 1 computer shutdown.

What happens if you click "file", then "open wallet" as shown in the screenshot?

Does the window that opens show any extra wallet files that aren't already loaded in your multibit?

no.  It shows moon coin, max coin wallets

What are moon coin and max coin wallets doing in there? Can you post a screenshot of what the window looks like, including the file path to it?
 it won't allow screen shot.    window is  from "my documents".  at bottom it says multiBit (*.wallet)  

It shows 19 different files some are car pics, amazon mp3, folder 1-6 all empty.  4 different coin wallets. none of them will open in that window.

Using that window try opening the folder path below, but replacing yourUserName with your user name on your windows computer.

C:\Users\yourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Multibit\

If you can't find an AppData folder then you probably need to enable the windows show hidden files and folders setting. To do that open the windows control panel, click "appearance and personalisation", click "folder options", click the "view" tab in the window that opens. Check the "show hidden files, folders and drives" option.

Activity: 532
Merit: 102
June 02, 2017, 04:30:58 PM
 This is so sad and heartbreaking I spent a lot of money(For Me) to be a part of bitcoin.  Then when it starts to go up to be  worth more than my saving and checking acct. together.  It Just Disappears.   The block chain failed for me.

So I guess I will have to start from Nothing again.  I may never get back to the .77 of a bitcoin  I had again.  So Sad!!

Everyone  Backup, Backup and Backup again.  You can loose it all with 1 computer shutdown.

What happens if you click "file", then "open wallet" as shown in the screenshot?

Does the window that opens show any extra wallet files that aren't already loaded in your multibit?

no.  It shows moon coin, max coin wallets

What are moon coin and max coin wallets doing in there? Can you post a screenshot of what the window looks like, including the file path to it?
  it won't allow screen shot.    window is  from "my documents".  at bottom it says multiBit (*.wallet) 

It shows 19 different files some are car pics, amazon mp3, folder 1-6 all empty.  4 different coin wallets. none of them will open in that window.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
June 02, 2017, 03:53:51 PM
If only your problem is about lost backups, I mean a certain file and you want to dig your hard drive, I can help.

I have a powerful tool that can recover most of the files lost even it was years ago when it lost. I tried many third party recovery program but it doesn't work. Only this helps me a lot that's why I saved it. I thought that is impossible but it recovered all my files. I just don't know if it's a allowed to share apps like that since it was a crack version.
June 02, 2017, 02:13:51 PM

legendary
June 02, 2017, 03:41:41 PM

June 02, 2017, 01:59:16 PM
What does it say in the log if you goto "View" -> "Messages"? Are there any obvious error messages?

Thank You for Your Reply!!!

No errors at all.
June 02, 2017, 03:25:47 PM

legendary
June 02, 2017, 02:39:17 PM
 It is the first one you show.  

What if I reset my computer  to an earlier date?  say like early 2016.  when the wallet was working.  

my Bitcoin was bought at four different times.  .45 then 15. two .10 or so.  all four = .77.  

I May have have some purchase info.  

Thank you so Much for Your Replies!!

Ideally you should make backups of your wallet before you do anything else.

If you are running windows you can use these instructions to make backups.

Click the windows start button, then copy and paste the line of text below into the search box that appears, then press the enter key to open the hidden folder containing your multibit wallet files.

%appdata%\Multibit

This is what your search box should look like after you have copied and pasted the line above into it.

Backup everything inside the folder that opens, including all the files and sub-folders.

Afterwards keep that folder open and try these instructions to get your coins.

Start multibit, select the wallet containing your coins, then click "tools", then select "export private keys" as shown in the screenshot.

A new tab should open like the one below. Select "do not password protect export file" at the bottom of the window, then click the "export private keys button".

Inside the folder you kept open there should be a new file with an extension ending in ".key". Open it in notepad and copy your wallet's private key. In the example file below the private key is the bit in red.

# KEEP YOUR PRIVATE KEYS SAFE !
# Anyone who can read this file can spend your bitcoin.
#
# Format:
#   [[]]
#
#   The Base58 encoded private keys are the same format as
#   produced by the Satoshi client/ sipa dumpprivkey utility.
#
#   Key createdAt is in UTC format as specified by ISO 8601
#   e.g: 2011-12-31T16:42:00Z . The century, 'T' and 'Z' are mandatory
#
KwUVsx4nd4UTHUtNTPnLEEqapCFvNiBrVASBZPa1ZvStQbUD87VK 2017-03-26T01:36:45Z
# End of private keys

After you get your private key install the electrum wallet and use these instructions to import the private key into electrum.

http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/faq.html#can-i-import-private-keys-from-other-bitcoin-clients

Hopefully your Bitcoins should immediately show up in electrum and be spendable from it. Don't let anyone know your private key because they can use it to steal your Bitcoins.

Multibit classic's maximum allowable fees aren't high enough for dealing with today's massive backlog of unconfirmed transactions. It's best to import the private key into electrum, enable dynamic fees in it, and spend your coins from there. That way you will get fast confirmations.

HI_TEC99

Thank you for your detailed explanation. Please see my screenshot - the blockchain is stuck at "waiting". I can see some transactions until 2015, but not after that. I have left my computer overnight on but it's still not showing the wallet balance also.

Also I cannot export the private key as the whole menu is grayed out. Please help, much appreciated!

Try switching your internet connection off and restarting multibit a few times. It might fix the greyed out menu problem. Your multibit wallet doesn't need to be synced to export the private keys. You can export them from an offline unsynced wallet.
legendary
June 02, 2017, 02:34:29 PM

HCP
legendary
June 02, 2017, 07:26:57 AM
What does it say in the log if you goto "View" -> "Messages"? Are there any obvious error messages?
May 24, 2017, 10:26:24 AM

What if I reset my computer  to an earlier date?  say like early 2016.  when the wallet was working.   

my Bitcoin was bought at four different times.  .45 then 15. two .10 or so.  all four = .77. 

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
June 02, 2017, 07:16:58 AM

What if I reset my computer  to an earlier date?  say like early 2016.  when the wallet was working.  

my Bitcoin was bought at four different times.  .45 then 15. two .10 or so.  all four = .77.  

Click the windows start button, then copy and paste the line of text below into the search box that appears, then press the enter key to open the hidden folder containing your multibit wallet files.

%appdata%\Multibit

This is what your search box should look like after you have copied and pasted the line above into it.

https://s8.postimg.org/gs62vzeet/start.png

Backup everything inside the folder that opens, including all the files and sub-folders.

Start multibit, select the wallet containing your coins, then click "tools", then select "export private keys" as shown in the screenshot.

https://s11.postimg.org/okzi2wqb7/unconfirmed.png

A new tab should open like the one below. Select "do not password protect export file" at the bottom of the window, then click the "export private keys button".

https://s24.postimg.org/w4y592jdh/unconfirmed.png

Inside the folder you kept open there should be a new file with an extension ending in ".key". Open it in notepad and copy your wallet's private key. In the example file below the private key is the bit in red.

#
# Format:
#   [[]]
#
#
#
# End of private keys

After you get your private key install the electrum wallet and use these instructions to import the private key into electrum.

http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/faq.html#can-i-import-private-keys-from-other-bitcoin-clients

Hopefully your Bitcoins should immediately show up in electrum and be spendable from it. Don't let anyone know your private key because they can use it to steal your Bitcoins.

Multibit classic's maximum allowable fees aren't high enough for dealing with today's massive backlog of unconfirmed transactions. It's best to import the private key into electrum, enable dynamic fees in it, and spend your coins from there. That way you will get fast confirmations.

HI_TEC99

Thank you for your detailed explanation. Please see my screenshot - the blockchain is stuck at "waiting". I can see some transactions until 2015, but not after that. I have left my computer overnight on but it's still not showing the wallet balance also.

Also I cannot export the private key as the whole menu is grayed out. Please help, much appreciated!

http://imgur.com/a/7o6b9
legendary
May 24, 2017, 04:53:02 PM

%appdata%\Multibit

#
# Format:
#   [[]]
#
#
#
# End of private keys

May 18, 2017, 12:07:12 PM
Do you have any backups from that wallet? Its almost three years to be counted from 2014, then when was your last access of that wallet. If your computer never had formated, and if no one inside your house get your coins which is impossible because you said that you computer went off.  Then its still there maybe you only need to wait until the client fully sync.

I have had it fully sync. up many time trying to get it back.  I live alone.  no one understands bitcoin around here. I have some coin stuff on 2 flash drives.  I checked one.  no luck on bitcoin.  it had other coins but no bitcoin.

Thanks for your reply!
HCP
legendary
May 19, 2017, 03:41:27 AM
Does it look like this (Classic):

or this (HD):

I'm going to go ahead and guess that due to your use of the term "reset blockchain", that it looks like the first one and you have "MultiBit Classic"... If that is that case, when did you receive the 0.77 BTC that are now missing... was it to a new address generated from just before the power outage?

It is possible that the power outage may have caused damage to your wallet file... Sad
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
May 18, 2017, 10:49:43 AM
Do you have any backups from that wallet? Its almost three years to be counted from 2014, then when was your last access of that wallet. If your computer never had formated, and if no one inside your house get your coins which is impossible because you said that you computer went off.  Then its still there maybe you only need to wait until the client fully sync.
May 18, 2017, 10:43:34 AM
  I have had it from 2014.  I'm not sure what it was. 

I think I had the wallet open  when computer went off from a power surge or thunder storm.  When computer restarted,  No Bitcoin.

I have reset blockchain 3 times so far with no luck.

I really need it back. .77 bitcoin is a lot of money to me. A Lot of Money!! 

Thank you for your Reply!
HCP
legendary
May 18, 2017, 06:12:48 AM
MultiBit Classic or MultiBit HD?
May 17, 2017, 03:43:53 PM
  I had .77 bitcoin in a multibits wallet.  now it shows 0 bitcoin. Can I  get it back?  I tried everything.  Thank You!!
Pages:
Jump to: