Pages:
Author

Topic: Can someone check if there is something wrong with this? - page 2. (Read 508 times)

Activity: 211
Merit: 80
It still accusation and it will be that hard to prove. I know what you have been thinking because in my mind too this is something unusual and I can also smell something fishy in both account.

It could be that the guy own the same account and wishes to get back in the forum bounty hunting and instead of creating new account he then just remember the old account and get it active so that he can use it like whatever purpose it may be.

Second, the account was sold and has been provided with merits as part of the of the sales.

Whatever the purpose of doing it there will time for that guy to become busted by the wrong doings. It might not be now but probably in the future. There will be always be time for that when he becomes completely unaware and does courageous things violating forum rules and regulations.

For now, all we can do is to observe both users and report when there will be something that can point out their wrong doings that if the both users still completely unaware of this post.

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
To me this smells like a sale of an account and that the same guy who sold him the account has given him the merits to rank up.

Or no sale, just someone sending merits to rank up their sockpuppet because their main account is red-tagged.

I don't think that's the case here because he's opened a stupid thread asking about what merit is in the serious discussion board. It looks to me as someone who bought the account and is lost. Moreover, the other account was red tagged almost three years ago.

AFAIK, merits given are not reversible, not even by the mods. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Admins (or maybe just theymos himself) can reverse them but it's only done in very rare cases - I know a couple of examples, one was abuse by a merit source, another one was a hacked account. This is probably not one of such exceptional cases. In the long run these few merits won't matter. This user is unlikely to get any more.

Txs, I didn't know that.

Can one know if post was deleted by himself or mods? If himself (posts look of good quality), it would prove the point.

Good idea.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
Can one know if post was deleted by himself or mods? If himself (posts look of good quality), it would prove the point.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
To me this smells like a sale of an account and that the same guy who sold him the account has given him the merits to rank up.

Or no sale, just someone sending merits to rank up their sockpuppet because their main account is red-tagged.

AFAIK, merits given are not reversible, not even by the mods. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Admins (or maybe just theymos himself) can reverse them but it's only done in very rare cases - I know a couple of examples, one was abuse by a merit source, another one was a hacked account. This is probably not one of such exceptional cases. In the long run these few merits won't matter. This user is unlikely to get any more.
legendary
It's very much possible, and I think the mods should reverse those merits if possible, it's not even showing properly for which posts the user recieved merit for so I guess that the topics were deleted to bury the posts.

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
Using LoyceV's Search Tool for Deleted Posts/Replies
I got these:

[1]
Binance is one of the best exchanges for buying dogecoin as it has a large infrastructure and very low fees. The same can also be said of Changelly, ShapeShift and Bittrex.

[2]
Investing or trading in Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies can be intimidating at first. There is frequently news about scams and people losing money. While this is true, and many scams have happened and continue to happen, it has never been so simple to invest in and safely trade in cryptocurrency as it is today.

[3]
I certainly doubt that we will see ETH going to 100k in this hype cycle as this is just too much when you evaluate the market cap that it will be if it reaches such price levels. True, that there is most likely going to be a lot of demand for ETH on exchanges like Coinbase, Primexbt, Kraken due to staking which will result in a lot of ETH getting locked which will diminish the circulating supply and end up in ETH being more scarce than usually.

These posts are all merited by the user you mentioned, but was deleted for some reason.
Not sure if sold account, as I don't think there's point in selling a Newbie rank if he/she only posted a single reply in 2016 or I could be missing some lines in here.

It looks a bit sus from the merits though, in my opinion. Those posts ain't worth 3-4 merits.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 133
It's very much possible, and I think the mods should reverse those merits if possible, it's not even showing properly for which posts the user recieved merit for so I guess that the topics were deleted to bury the posts. To be honest, these things aren't rare, but very common, account sales etc, I have seen in past in some sites demanding bucks for btctalk merits lol. I guess there should be more evidences to prove account connections before tagging for it as simple merit sending might not be that much of an evidence. 
legendary
I will explain in chronological order.

First I see this thread opened in the Serious Discussion board: What is merit? I've been about to report the thread because the subject has been discussed many times and I don't think it's suitable for that board. OP should have done research before opening the thread. If that's a newbie in the Newbies and Help section it's OK I think but not there for a junior member.

But then I go and see his profile and I see the account whas created in May, 2016. It wrote only one post then and the account was not used until last December when it started to apply for bounty campaigns.

Then, I check the trust but there is no feedback whatsoever.

But finally, I look at the merit and I see he was given 10 merits in a short period of time by the same guy who has been given negative trust by @marlboroza:

" March 08, 2021, 09:49:30 AM: 3 from Hobo66 for (Deleted/Off-limits/Ignored)
    March 08, 2021, 09:48:53 AM: 3 from Hobo66 for (Deleted/Off-limits/Ignored)
    March 08, 2021, 08:55:29 AM: 4 from Hobo66 for (Deleted/Off-limits/Ignored)"

To me this smells like a sale of an account and that the same guy who sold him the account has given him the merits to rank up. I have no way to prove it but it looks very suspicious to me.

What do you think?
Pages:
Jump to: