Pages:
Author

Topic: can someone explain to me the motive behind airdrops? - page 12. (Read 1689 times)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 596
I'm still wondering why developers will organize airdrops and distribute an amount of tokens which is far lesser than the minimum amount of the tokens that can be deposited on an exchange for trading. If you don't want the users to cash out the money, why do you let them waste their time?
It's a bad marketing strategy in my opinion.

Let's say if they sent 1m token to 50k addresses then maybe almost 50k peoples will know about the project and those 50k peoples will probably look for the price and will also try to learn more about that project.

Maybe some peoples will convert and will do promotional works (bounty) for them to earn more of those tokens. And from promotion, they may get investors to get funded up their project.

They send such low amount because they don't want peoples to dump the tokens when they will list the token in exchange. It's just a marketing startegy imo, and win win thing for them.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 101
I also don't understand why the project developer made airdrop, because airdrop has a good side and a bad side, if the good side I see is to make it easier for people to know about the tokens or coins in the market, and that will definitely affect the price.
copper member
Activity: 420
Merit: 2
I'm still wondering why developers will organize airdrops and distribute an amount of tokens which is far lesser than the minimum amount of the tokens that can be deposited on an exchange for trading. If you don't want the users to cash out the money, why do you let them waste their time?
Pages:
Jump to: