Pages:
Author

Topic: Can someone please explain a security aspect of BitCoin to me? - page 2. (Read 1047 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
welcome to riches
I would imagine unless it was a ridiculous dollar amount that there is nothing you can do. You can't reverse the transaction, and you can't shut down the business or anything just by going to a lawyer. You would need to obtain a court order, show the court what bitcoins are and their value, and so on and so forth. If it's a store that plans to scam people who pay them with bitcoins, they probably have notices and user agreements that protect them from anything if you pay with bitcoin.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Sprunit and everyone else,

Thank you for replying. In that case, HOW would one go about finding this information? (of the transaction that took place, but the other end lies and denies it)

Additionally...what would one do with this information? Take it to a lawyer? (in your opinion)

Thank you for reading. In my mind these scenarios are important and a good learning tool for me in an effort to fully embrace Bitcoin.
Activity: 18
First off, I hope everyone is having a good night!

My question relates to BitCoin and personal security. How are you protected from someone trying to rip you off?

For example purposes only: Say you move BitCoins from your desktop wallet to an online store to buy an HDTV. The BitCoins leave your wallet...but the store says you never sent them (when in actuality you did, but they are lying to you).

What options do you have? Is it merely your word against them? Is there some sort of "trace" that you can show the legal authorities?

Thank you for reading.
All bitcoin translations are recorded publicly. Proving that x bincoin were sent form address A to address B is extremity easy.
Activity: 56
First off, I hope everyone is having a good night!

My question relates to BitCoin and personal security. How are you protected from someone trying to rip you off?

For example purposes only: Say you move BitCoins from your desktop wallet to an online store to buy an HDTV. The BitCoins leave your wallet...but the store says you never sent them (when in actuality you did, but they are lying to you).

What options do you have? Is it merely your word against them? Is there some sort of "trace" that you can show the legal authorities?

Thank you for reading.
Pages:
Jump to: