Pages:
Author

Topic: Can the massive creation of Altcoins can be stopped? - page 18. (Read 2583 times)

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031
I see no problems here, anyone is free to create his token or coin. It's up for the people to use their brains before investing.
Activity: 938
Merit: 502
I don't think we can stop creating of new altcoins. I don't think we should try to do it, because the market clean itself and only the best projects will survive.
Probably we should think about some regulations or some deposit being paid before creating a new coin, this way the creators will be more careful and will make sure their product will survive.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
It doesnt matter at all cos numerous quantity of alt coins dont affect on market at all cos if it's shitcoin, noone will support it and that alt eventually will fall down. So, I think it's really unreasonable to control their emmisiob but ICO's gotta be controlled by ourselves by increasing requirements for team revealing (live streams, events). Not just TG chat with "Give us money for..." title.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
I think this is part of the justice equation and an important responsibility for the crypto community to answer.  We all need to be thoughtful of this situation where massive releases of fraud coins are released with the simple goal of any profit rather it be $1 or $100,000 or $1,000,000.

What about a justice coin that would reward freelance crypto justice enforcement by payment via crypto currency? 

I really think this is important.  I don't have any plans to be a coin developer but I want to learn more about what goes into this process while also continuing to pursue a justice mechanism that would greatly reduce the number of crap coins being released all the time.

Maybe reputation is another factor to somehow be worked into the equation.  But then that makes market entry really difficult for people without reputation.  And of course, how could we track reputation while still protecting privacy?  I mean, that's pretty much done on these boards if people are careful.  So it is possible. 
Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
I was just wondering after the altcoin being successful there have been more unreasonable coin that has been created, hence there are more people will  doubt it, and seriously more and more coins has being created just for profit I mean you can gain some profit off of it but its not the reason why a founder should create one.

After seeing so much coin being created and been abandoned with gaining profit from it made me think that if the new coin stops coming then we could focus more on some reasonable coin and some coin that is currently being developed.
Pages:
Jump to: