Pages:
Author

Topic: Can the token of an ICO be purchased outside the Exchange? - page 2. (Read 757 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
Can the token of an ICO be purchased outside the Exchange (before its launch), that is, purchased on any website of the cryptocurrency itself or a website made exclusively for the sale of these tokens?

If a project has a pre-sale event than you can surely buy coins before it launches. I don't recommend buying any coin using any other method before launch because you can either get scammed or might have to pay a higher price.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 115
ICO can only be bought on their site while you can buy IEO on the exchange, if they don't have an IEO then you can't buy it on the exchange. I also remind you to never buy any coins in telegrams because most of telegrams are scammers
Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
You can buy the tokens at a IEO. If you are asking about if you can buy tokens for cheaper than the IEO price then it's a possibility i guess. But of course. It can only happen P2P. But for me, If that happens, It's more likely that investor is regretting buying those coins because he feels like it's going no where or he's a scammer.
It's not only from IEO but it can be purchased through its own site and when it has been creating a cooperation with 3rd to ran its crowdsale and it can be purchased from there too. that depends on developer and the team whether they wanna try to open a lot of door to purchase the token.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
Can the token of an ICO be purchased outside the Exchange (before its launch), that is, purchased on any website of the cryptocurrency itself or a website made exclusively for the sale of these tokens?

ICO - Initial Coin Offering
IEO - Initial exchange offering

Both are different things and highly believe that you are asking about IEO since you do mention about buying tokens on an exchange.
If you do let yourself get involved with IEO then theres no other option to buy hp those tokens but via the platform itself and its totally opposite when we do talk about
ICO where you can buy off tokens directly from the owners itself after you do pay off a certain amount that you invested but just a piece of advise where
when it comes to security then IEO would be a best choice since once it do succeed it is already listed on an exchange.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
Yes, similarly. And as for Centric Foundation you've outlined, what the guys are staying for? Cause to be honest, name sounds

Basically, Centric is a web 3.0-based payment network composed of two digital tokens that promote stability, incentivize structure for early adopters, and safely store value. The exchange between the two tokens is governed by a decentralized smart contract and a self-regulating protocol. But of course, guys have more to offer, so you should have a closer look, Google guys
Activity: 112
And are you having many advanced ones in mind? Cause I would say that I have 3 as a maximum. I mean the most advanced ones

Yes, similarly. And as for Centric Foundation you've outlined, what the guys are staying for? Cause to be honest, name sounds
Hey. I share your views 100% and indeed such an approach matters. At least talking about me, I am not only following the ratings, but conducting own researches, while choosing the most attractive solutions

And are you having many advanced ones in mind? Cause I would say that I have 3 as a maximum. I mean the most advanced ones
Activity: 112
Good afternoon everyone. What makes much sense these days - the practical value and mass adoption every solution brings. Thus, from my point of view, only most advanced solutions are in demand and people are more careful in choosing solutions with real value. And my latest discovery, Centric Foundation, looks rather bold with great opportunities being brought onto the market

Hey. I share your views 100% and indeed such an approach matters. At least talking about me, I am not only following the ratings, but conducting own researches, while choosing the most attractive solutions
Good afternoon everyone. What makes much sense these days - the practical value and mass adoption every solution brings. Thus, from my point of view, only most advanced solutions are in demand and people are more careful in choosing solutions with real value. And my latest discovery, Centric Foundation, looks rather bold with great opportunities being brought onto the market
Activity: 1470
Merit: 504
You can only buy from their website if they are still in the ICO stage. Or you can go to the exchange and buy it as if they are listed at the exchange. There is also a way that OTC trading, but it will be very dangerous and you will probably encounter a lot of scammer
The most important thing is that the site has been officially registered by the organizer that they are indeed working together. or usually we can buy on the black market but do have to make a safe transaction using Escrow. usually the prices they offer can be cheaper
Activity: 380
Merit: 100
You can buy the tokens at a IEO. If you are asking about if you can buy tokens for cheaper than the IEO price then it's a possibility i guess. But of course. It can only happen P2P. But for me, If that happens, It's more likely that investor is regretting buying those coins because he feels like it's going no where or he's a scammer.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 315
www.Artemis.co
No, during ICO, you can only purchase their token during the set time and date of the project.

During that time, there is no other place to buy tokens until the end of that ICO or even before it was launched. No other website unless it is part of the project.
Activity: 1829
Merit: 134
It's depend but basically sometime there always an OTC trade between project and private/big investor, If that project have an bounty campaign and they already distribute it before launch it i think yes, Try some dex exchange in case Forkdelta for ERC-20 Based project. It's depends on the project but most of all project so far i think it can if have scheme like i said above.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 264
bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON
You can only buy from their website if they are still in the ICO stage. Or you can go to the exchange and buy it as if they are listed at the exchange. There is also a way that OTC trading, but it will be very dangerous and you will probably encounter a lot of scammer
Activity: 742
Merit: 16
ICO means initial coin offering, to get your hand on a ICO token you have to join the ICO sales on the projects website, you can't buy outside the website, not until the team make the token available on external exchanges
Activity: 574
Merit: 100

When buying ICO tokens, those are purchased on the ICO's website. Some having bonus tokens depending on how early they bought the token are being sold on decentralized exchanges i.e. forkdelta. Unlike IEO, in which the coins are bought within the partnered exchange of the project. Since you're naive, I hope these common term should be known to you.
Activity: 385
Merit: 12
You are a newbie and i think its a common think that ICO and IEO are looking same to you.Actually when i was new in cryptocurrency there was ICO and it was very famous.But recently IEO is becoming more popular.

ICO means  Initial coin offering.That means they will sell their coin to people using their website. and they have a target and after ICO,they will list their coin in exchanges  according to their choices.But many ICO had gained so much money from people and they never listed on any exchanges.They scammed us.But some ICO has become successful as well.

On the other hand IEO means Initial Exchange Offering.That means they will prepare a sale on exchange and their coin will list on this exchange.If you wanna buy their coin on  IEO, you have to buy from this exchange.And when it will list in exchang, you can sell your coin.

So basically IEO is more preferable and trustworthy.You can choose good project IEO in good exchange and you can gain some money.   
Activity: 821
Merit: 20
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Yes you can purchase token in there website if you want participate ICO program. But ICO has very risky at this stage and you can't make anything if they're going scam. Instead ICO better you profitable IEO with confirm exchange announced so you can participate less risk.
Activity: 882
Merit: 13
Did you mean listing on exchange by the word launch? Sometimes, bounty hunters sell their coin/token they get from the bounty campaign. You can check the altcoin marketplace to get some of the offers. Also, you can post about your required token there.
I think OP was refering to an IEO tokens, if it is possible to be bought outside the exchanges. So I think it is not possible because from the Abbreviation itself IEO(Initial Exchanges Offering) which the project would hold sell a token inside a certain exchanges to raise funds to develop the projects.
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
I think you don't know the difference between ICO and IEO. All the IEO token launch on exchange for initial sell, but its depends on team if they want to presale in their official websites. But all ICO sale happen on their official website or via smart contract.  I don't know why are you looking for ICO since it's not benefited lately. But you may take a look on Announcement (Altcoins), there is lots of IEO & ICO announcement threads. But I will not suggest to buy any ICO token lately, there is lots of scam happening on that field.
for lately indeed we must be extra careful before investing in an ICO because many ICO tokens are now scam or unsold in the crypto market, think twice before investing in it.
Pages:
Jump to: