Pages:
Author

Topic: Can we 100% trust hardware wallets? - page 2. (Read 257 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
June 11, 2018, 07:40:54 AM
If the hard wallet is lost, what can be done? This problem cannot be solved.

You have the possibility of restoring your private keys with a list of 25 passwords (ledger nano s)
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
June 11, 2018, 07:31:58 AM
I think we can say that hardware wallets are 90% safe because I never heard someone hack with their hardware wallet except for trezor because I heard that someone stole their coins and according to other people that Trezor is hackable that is why they fix it and update it with secured firmware so right now they are now safe as what they said that is why they are not 100% safe.
If you are planning to use hardware wallet I suggest that you choose ledger nano s because I think it is more secure and I never heard any issue using this wallet.
Activity: 294
June 11, 2018, 07:20:57 AM
I suggest that you just trust the private key, as long as you can store the private key, that is the safest. Everything else is just an aid.

Buy entering private key on a web wallet is unsafe. DNS attack or phishing attack or keylogger can easily capture your private key and can steal your tokens.
June 11, 2018, 07:16:49 AM
First off, nothing is 100% secure and unhackable.

Some hardware wallets like the Ledger Nano S are open source(idk about Trezor), so people will know if they do some shady stuff. and no, they don't keep a backup of our seed on their servers. Hardware wallets aren't 100% secure, but it's one of the most secure options out there(along with paper wallets, but only if made in a secure manner).

if they don't keep backup of our seeds on their servers how we can recover our accounts if we lost hardware wallet or it gets damaged?
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
June 11, 2018, 07:15:04 AM
If you can't read the code, your trust will not be perfect "100%."[Unless you trust someone who can read the code for you]
High safety characterizes these wallets "except for misuse or negligently.", so the levels of trust will be high.
No one puts a gun on your head to choose a wallet and if you do not trust all, create your one.
Activity: 602
Merit: 265
June 11, 2018, 06:44:44 AM
As far as I know, they  + paper wallets are the safest yet. Keeping your private keys offline is inherent to staying safe. If it is online, there is always a chance it can be compromised.
Activity: 56
June 11, 2018, 06:34:26 AM
I suggest that you just trust the private key, as long as you can store the private key, that is the safest. Everything else is just an aid.
Activity: 56
June 11, 2018, 06:18:53 AM
If the hard wallet is lost, what can be done? This problem cannot be solved.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
June 11, 2018, 05:51:10 AM
First off, nothing is 100% secure and unhackable.

Some hardware wallets like the Ledger Nano S are open source(idk about Trezor), so people will know if they do some shady stuff. and no, they don't keep a backup of our seed on their servers. Hardware wallets aren't 100% secure, but it's one of the most secure options out there(along with paper wallets, but only if made in a secure manner).
June 11, 2018, 04:25:26 AM
Whats your idea about this?

Are these hardware wallets 100% secured? Aren't they hackable?

When our seed is generated on our hardware wallet, are these hardware wallet companies keep a backup of our seed on their servers?

Pages:
Jump to: