Pages:
Author

Topic: Can we discuss an alternative entity to the bitcoin foundation? - page 2. (Read 3147 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Maybe no central council at all? Or would that lead to total anarchy.

I think bitcoins is at a stage where we need a representative body, that can help important project. That can take positions for the community, with the help of the community directing. It is for sure not going to hurt if done properly which is not what the bitcoin foundation has done.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Maybe no central council at all? Or would that lead to total anarchy.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
the word foundation.. why
using it means you have to register it with a government and then form a selected board and all the other blah.

how about call it a consortium. much like w3c. you can still set rules such as how many board members, what the consortiums aims are, how their funded etc etc.. exactly the same as a foundation.. just without having to tie it to a government register. meaning its a global consortium instead of an american government registered and audited group.

bitcoin does not need identity checks supervised by the USA. so why dogleash bitcoin to USA LAW

while trading bitcoin for products priced in bitcoin, thats for us to supervise our own money
while trading bitcoin for altcoin , thats for us to supervise our own money
while trading altcoin for products priced in altcoin, thats for us to supervise our own money

only identity check when you want FIAT above the amount allowed by the country of the desired FIAT you want.
EG
$10k a year limit
Euro 1k a day or Euro 10k a year

EG if you want to convert bitcoin into dollar to go to a bank account then and only then inside the exchange do you follow the fincen laws.
EG if you want to convert bitcoin into pounds to go to a bank account then and only then inside the exchange do you follow the FCA laws.
EG if you want to convert bitcoin into Yen to go to a bank account then and only then inside the exchange do you follow the FSA laws.
EG if you want to convert bitcoin into Euro to go to a German bank account then and only then inside the exchange do you follow the BaFin laws.
EG if you want to convert bitcoin into Euro to go to a French bank account then and only then inside the exchange do you follow the AMF laws.

you get the idea
Activity: 209
Aye to this one.

Transparancy is the core of bitcoin. People who want to change this should not be at the wheel. I say off with their heads

Hell, even name it Decentralized Foundation for a Better Bitcoin.  Call it a day.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Aye to this one.

Transparancy is the core of bitcoin. People who want to change this should not be at the wheel. I say off with their heads
Maybe some that gives more power to the community? Make funds and spending more transparent? Who wants to spearhead this and get the rolling. I think this would be great for a new foundation and the current foundation.

Maybe, have everything voted on , messages and funding through the blockchain. Keep EVERYTHING transparent.

Transparency should be a huge part. I also think it should have a board but the community can vote and that vote weights heavy more than a board seat.

+1 to this ^^ . It just make sense.
Maybe some that gives more power to the community? Make funds and spending more transparent? Who wants to spearhead this and get the rolling. I think this would be great for a new foundation and the current foundation.

Maybe, have everything voted on , messages and funding through the blockchain. Keep EVERYTHING transparent.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Pages:
Jump to: