Pages:
Author

Topic: Can we get Bitcoin Gold if my BTC is in paper wallet? - page 2. (Read 3808 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
...it might be a good idear to sweep the paper wallet into a different bitcoin wallet, wait untill the sweeping transaction has confirmed, and afterwards (and only afterwards) import the private key from your paper wallet into a bitcoin gold compatible wallet.

these are mandatory steps not just a "good idea" at this point. because bitcoin gold fork does NOT have a replay protection until now that we are talking and the fork takes place in about 118 more blocks (less than 19 hours)

edit: this fork just gets more and more funny
https://github.com/BTCGPU/BTCGPU/pull/62 26 minutes ago. is this the last minute fork or what, nothing seems to be ready for this fork Cheesy
there are still compile errors too!
Activity: 490
Merit: 106
I have my BTC in paper wallet at the time of fork will i get BTC gold?
Yes, If you use Bitcoin paper wallet you can still receive an equal amount of Bitcoin Gold of your total Bitcoin holdings as long as you have your private key. After the hard fork, to be able to access it you will need to sweep your private key (which are printed on your paper wallet) in a Bitcoin Gold wallet that supports it, Coinomi and Electrum wallet lets you sweep private key but I don't know if Electrum will support it or just wait for some announcement on how you can access your free Bitcoin Gold.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
Don't worry you will get them if you own private key for that wallet.

That is correct, however, to "cash out" the bitcoin gold without compromising your paper wallet you'll have to jump trough several hoops.
If you ever decide to "cash out" the bitcoin gold, it might be a good idear to sweep the paper wallet into a different wallet, wait untill the sweeping transaction has confirmed, and afterwards (and only afterwards) import the private key from your paper wallet into a bitcoin gold compatible wallet.

This instructions should be followed, don't import your private keys if your private keys still have the funds and bitcoin on it. And once you imported the private keys to any wallet that's compatible to bitcoin gold, dont ever use the private keys again.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 5123
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

That is correct, however, to "cash out" the bitcoin gold without compromising your paper wallet you'll have to jump trough several hoops.
If you ever decide to "cash out" the bitcoin gold, it might be a good idear to sweep the paper wallet into a different bitcoin wallet, wait untill the sweeping transaction has confirmed, and afterwards (and only afterwards) import the private key from your paper wallet into a bitcoin gold compatible wallet.

As soon as your private key is entered in either wallet, your paper wallet must be marked as compromised. As soon as the bitcoin and bitcoin gold are spent, discard and never re-use the paper wallet again... Instead, making a new paper wallet to transfer your BTC to might be a good idear.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I have my BTC in paper wallet at the time of fork will i get BTC gold?
Pages:
Jump to: