Pages:
Author

Topic: can we in Africa really successful mining bitcoin. - page 2. (Read 1084 times)

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
can we in Africa really successful mining bitcoin?
First of all this is mining discussion. Secondly your question it a vague  - Africa is large continent, where exactly you want to open a mining farm?

For successful mining you need three things:

1. Cheap electricity - the most important factor. I am not familiar with how expensive power is in Africa.
2. Cooling - you will need some serious AC to keep your hardware from overheating. In hot environment of Africa this will be additional costs.
3. Hardware - but I guess at this point it is not important where you are, as ASICS can be delivered anywhere.
thank you sir, I am from Nigeria the only major problem I no we have is electricity,outside our wether is very favourable.

Do I understand good that you don't have electricity? How do you plan to mine bitcoin then?
I think if you can fulfill this 3 steps successfully you can mine bitcoins everywhere. Cheap electricity, mining equipment and something to cool all that is necessary things, without one of this 3 things you are  doomed.
Africa is really big continent, probably with some good investment there is a way for them to set up mining farm one day.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
First of all this is mining discussion. Secondly your question it a vague  - Africa is large continent, where exactly you want to open a mining farm?

1. Cheap electricity - the most important factor. I am not familiar with how expensive power is in Africa.
2. Cooling - you will need some serious AC to keep your hardware from overheating. In hot environment of Africa this will be additional costs.
3. Hardware - but I guess at this point it is not important where you are, as ASICS can be delivered anywhere.
thank you sir, I am from Nigeria the only major problem I no we have is electricity,outside our wether is very favourable.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
I think Africa has one postivie point and one negative point in regards to mining Bitcoin :
The positive point is the cheap electricity cost if I am not wrong , I heard that some African countries sell electricity to European countries like France , whereas they benefit from solar power to generate electricity .
The ngative point is the hot climate in most of African countries , and Bitcoin mining needs cold climate , for that many Bitcoin mining companies work in northern Europe  where the climate is suitable for mining .
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
What are the similar advantages an African country will be having when compared to China?
African countries are known for its very hot climate, so bitcoin mining would be a big challenge as cooling process would be significantly difficult. I guess only few African countries will have the saturation levels in electricity power generations and no known data on cheaper electricity across African countries.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I agree with above.  Africa is enormous,  so it depends on which country you're in.  The governments there are completely messed up, from what I gather, and I'm sure that's a huge understatement. If you had the money somehow, of course you could set up a mining rig and mine profitably. I'm not sure how many people in Africa do it right now, but my guess is not that many. All of the mining takes place in China. 

Is there anywhere you can spend bitcoin in Africa? I don't have a sense of how popular it is there.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
First of all this is mining discussion. Secondly your question it a vague  - Africa is large continent, where exactly you want to open a mining farm?

No
why please can you explain. We in Nigeria are facing electric problem but those in lybia and south Africa has relatively electricity. I think is a problem of mind set
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

No
Pages:
Jump to: