Pages:
Author

Topic: Can we stop the hodl cult... please? - page 2. (Read 542 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
August 30, 2017, 05:16:01 AM
Okay, so people have been spelling hold wrong on purpose saying hodl and it is diving me nuts! I don't know why people are doing it other than the fact that some guy posted something and didn't correct his spelling mistake. I guess a couple people thought it was funny and joked about it, but that was a long time ago. Honestly, I never found it that amusing to begin with. It is the same as when people in the poker community were saying "I had trips". It was so irking.

I guess I will probably have to end up suffering the hodl cult for many years down the road. I wonder if some of the people posting "hodl" even know where it came from or if they are just mindlessly following the hodl cult.

Perhaps this thread could possibly upset some of you, but this day was coming and you knew it. You knew it hodl cult. You knew. You all thought you could get away with this terrible grammatical error and no one would stand up and fight.

So for the rest of you who have secretly crept in the Bitcoin shadows and hated the hodl cult. This is your chance. Your chance to come out and fight. And when you fight, don't do it for your gold, land, or your own materialistic gain. Do it for your brothers and sisters in the Bitcoin community. As a single unit we may be weak, but as an army we are unstoppable! Who's with me! Huh?! Who's with me! Let us end this once and for all!

This is the internet, Bitcoin is a part of if, and I guess you know what memes are why people use them right?!
If you don't like it than just ignore it, but you can't stop that. Memes are a part of the Bitcoin community and it's history.
Same as for instance "halvening" or also "rekt" in the crypto trading community.
Activity: 383
Merit: 161
https://nitrogensports.eu/r/4896627
August 30, 2017, 04:57:31 AM
Okay, so people have been spelling hold wrong on purpose saying hodl and it is diving me nuts! I don't know why people are doing it other than the fact that some guy posted something and didn't correct his spelling mistake. I guess a couple people thought it was funny and joked about it, but that was a long time ago. Honestly, I never found it that amusing to begin with. It is the same as when people in the poker community were saying "I had trips". It was so irking.

I guess I will probably have to end up suffering the hodl cult for many years down the road. I wonder if some of the people posting "hodl" even know where it came from or if they are just mindlessly following the hodl cult.

Perhaps this thread could possibly upset some of you, but this day was coming and you knew it. You knew it hodl cult. You knew. You all thought you could get away with this terrible grammatical error and no one would stand up and fight.

So for the rest of you who have secretly crept in the Bitcoin shadows and hated the hodl cult. This is your chance. Your chance to come out and fight. And when you fight, don't do it for your gold, land, or your own materialistic gain. Do it for your brothers and sisters in the Bitcoin community. As a single unit we may be weak, but as an army we are unstoppable! Who's with me! Huh?! Who's with me! Let us end this once and for all!
Pages:
Jump to: