Pages:
Author

Topic: Can we trust Libra after Facebook kept fail us when it comes to privacy &data? - page 2. (Read 389 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 5
I close my facebook account 5 years ago because i don't trust them since then, they start as a social network and then become a social control, their philosophy is 'if you can't with the competence then buy it' and that's why they buy whatsapp and instagram... Now thay want to do the same with cryptos, they want to become the new ETH and we can't trust them, even if in some years people use more libra than bitcoin the best thing to do is to not feed the beast. I will never trust them.

mate if they was bring real crypto coin with low supply and great tech and everything is top its ok and its help us and even can outperform ethereum....

at last in this point he stand with us with the change, and help...but the libra is not decentrlaized tech its centralized tech..

read why peer to peer file sharing was burn because before this the tech was centralized its mean few servers/entity/facebook/govermnetns hold everything....

in order for governmnets to shut down peer to peer=decentralized file sharing they need to shut down more then 500 million computers arouund the world...which mean computer a download movie from computer z while computer z is upload mp3 to computer d its peer to peer ...computer to computer compare to centralized where few main servers hold everthing and a and b and c and d and z computers communicate with the main servers to get the info,movies and so on

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
some really smart its waist of time to talk about any stablecoin if it libra or tether why???/ the price dont grow and you just exchange value for value like used to euro nothing more and this is not investment at all as the smartest in the game go after top real crypto that grow by price...

Not because something is not invest-able it doesn't mean it's not worth talking about and that it can't be useful for a lot of people. Libra can be useful without being a speculative asset.

If all you want to talk about is moon and lambos then go to Reddit.
Actually, the choice is up to you whether you want to trust facebook as an investment scheme. Actually not an investment scheme since it's not profitable. But, look at how facebook is good in doing business. Just on that thing, you can see that it has an edge also. It is accommodating billions of people in the world. But for my side on this, I will not invest in libra, for it is a stable coins. Stable coins are stable, the price will not move.

bingo
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 3092
I close my facebook account 5 years ago because i don't trust them since then, they start as a social network and then become a social control, their philosophy is 'if you can't with the competence then buy it' and that's why they buy whatsapp and instagram... Now thay want to do the same with cryptos, they want to become the new ETH and we can't trust them, even if in some years people use more libra than bitcoin the best thing to do is to not feed the beast. I will never trust them.
We're just making assumptions. Just because that Facebook is hoarding data, it doesn't automatically mean that that will also be the case with Libra. Also, Libra is supposed to be open source, which is a big plus in my book, though I'm not sure about the Calibra wallet. The Calibra might be the platform for them to harvest our data, but hopefully we have the choice to use other wallets as to prevent this.

all this answer is very danger to noobs and uneduacted people ....

some really smart its waist of time to talk about any stablecoin if it libra or tether why???/ the price dont grow and you just exchange value for value like used to euro nothing more and this is not investment at all as the smartest in the game go after top real crypto that grow by price...

from this point its waist of time to speak about this but to educate noob

its not decentralized tech its centralized tech ....if it open source or not it dosent matter hhhhh which show on your very low logic when you say its open source ....and what its mean,,,centralized tech can be open source nothing speciel about it.

and someone smart will exchange to gold or diamond for something stable rather then some shitty crypto
Activity: 840
Merit: 268
Actually, the choice is up to you whether you want to trust facebook as an investment scheme. Actually not an investment scheme since it's not profitable. But, look at how facebook is good in doing business. Just on that thing, you can see that it has an edge also. It is accommodating billions of people in the world. But for my side on this, I will not invest in libra, for it is a stable coins. Stable coins are stable, the price will not move.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
We're just making assumptions. Just because that Facebook is hoarding data, it doesn't automatically mean that that will also be the case with Libra. Also, Libra is supposed to be open source, which is a big plus in my book, though I'm not sure about the Calibra wallet. The Calibra might be the platform for them to harvest our data, but hopefully we have the choice to use other wallets as to prevent this.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
From Cambridge Analytica scandal to actually selling people data for money
Facebook already used their power in the wrong way.

Libra will turn FB into the largest bank in the world (User base wise)
Can we really trust them when it comes to money?

What will happen when FB/Libra will get hacked again?

Facebook has never said that they will protect your identity from the regulators! Because if they try to add anonymity to Libra, they won't get permission to launch their currency in majority of the countries! So your identity is never safe with Facebook. The banking and money market regulators will have access to your financial data if you use Libra! You have to understand that Facebook is not trying to build a cryptocurrency (even if they are saying so)! They are just trying to build a digital payments bank in the disguise of cryptocurrency and blockchain!
Activity: 1197
Merit: 482
I'm reminded of the adage "power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely". Interesting times coming up.

reread this because its kids stuff i not talk about how to be fully anonymous, and how to bring complex idea to the world and market it and other cool  stuff

kids on reddit know this....yes kid in age 18

Re: Can we trust Libra after Facebook kept fail us when it comes to privacy &data?
Today at 03:14:05 PM
Reply with quote  Edit message  Delete message  +Merit  #3
Quote from: jonathan6655321 on Today at 02:58:02 PM

before you talk about all this , smart mind which is relative because what i say it stuff kids ...to get to complex places where top smart people search alot of time answer....this section and what you ask show something very wrong with your logic....

lets see why...

few people all day long talk about libra project coin and promosing project and go to other related stuff while someone smart outside relative to this people he called smart say to them its not investment the price of stable coin dont grow its just exchange like exchange usd to euro its not investment....

so how it can be promosing?Huh

then he say to them if you exchange to something stable its better will be gold or diamond compare to new thing like crypto...

then he say why people invest in real crypto the price can grow very high and some of them even can be astronomical in the future....

they invest not exchange....when you buy stable coin its called exchange

then he can get deeper but they probaly so dumb this people if they talk all day long about this kind of projects and cannot understand kids stuff...

its not decentralized.....its centralized tech,,,,facebook control your money and can lock it like paypal

but then this smart mind say them to get to this points is waist of time because stable coin its not investment its called exchange the price will not grow....so whats the point

but 98% its fact people on the web is uneducated and they dont analyze what they do and what they speak and other kids stuff **

the other side of the world is real crypto and there is where the smartest in the game go deep the rabbit hole, most of the activcites and do other intersting things to improve our future ...

before you talk about all this , smart mind which is relative because what i say it stuff kids ...to get to complex places where top smart people search alot of time answer....this section and what you ask show something very wrong with your logic....

lets see why...

few people all day long talk about libra project coin and promosing project and go to other related stuff while someone smart outside relative to this people he called smart say to them its not investment the price of stable coin dont grow its just exchange like exchange usd to euro its not investment....

so how it can be promosing?Huh

then he say to them if you exchange to something stable its better will be gold or diamond compare to new thing like crypto...

then he say why people invest in real crypto the price can grow very high and some of them even can be astronomical in the future....

they invest not exchange....when you buy stable coin its called exchange

then he can get deeper but they probaly so dumb this people if they talk all day long about this kind of projects and cannot understand kids stuff...

its not decentralized.....its centralized tech,,,,facebook control your money and can lock it like paypal

but then this smart mind say them to get to this points is waist of time because stable coin its not investment its called exchange the price will not grow....so whats the point

but 98% its fact people on the web is uneducated and they dont analyze what they do and what they speak and other kids stuff **

the other side of the world is real crypto and there is where the smartest in the game go deep the rabbit hole, most of the activcites and do other intersting things to improve our future ...
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 5123
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
I guess i'll never ever trust facebook... Not with my data, not with my money... However, i might use libra depending on the technical data in it's whitepaper. It's perfectly possible libra will be safe even if facebook gets hacked... But untill i've actually browsed trough their whitepaper, i can't say for sure
Activity: 286
Merit: 23
GuerrillaBuzz: Top Web3 PR & Marketing Agency

Pages:
Jump to: