Pages:
Author

Topic: Can You recover my BIP38 Password? - page 2. (Read 2297 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
February 20, 2017, 04:03:47 PM
Hello All
Can You recover my BIP38 Password?
i have 2.3 BTC in this offline wallet:
https://blockchain.info/address/1M3Wv7qNL7t3Yr7r5g8hyL8uMGVrM4XBSY
i created it using bitaddress.org and forget the password,
i want to crack the password and i have the private key and know password suggetions
For any one want to try to recover the password, i have other another wallet that is have no coins and have same password, so you can crack it and give me the password and i would pay you 20% of the BTC  "0.45 BTC" if you can crack it
anyone can contact me and i would give him password suggestions
if you have any suggetions of password revovery services please let me know too.
here is all info
bitaddress.org
public key: 1MPDjg3DK1GDuoeLEJXDELGUGsrRFt1eYU
privare key: 6PnURfHuPd9asZ8GLtxstBhGSoYJzc7zAxPax2mamxZaTuivJTDv1NTydF
Good luck!
regards

I contacted the OP and he provided me the hints.
After some time I was able to find the pw for the BIP 38 encrypted privatekey.

I am posting this here as a record since most of my communication with the OP is within private messages.

I will now provide the pw to OP within private message.
If I never get my reward for cracking, I will post the answer here so that other can see  that I got it.
Since OP is a new account, I expect that I may not get the reward and thus I am making this record.

Edit: Update - I did receive the reward from Mody0101. See my following comment below and my
feedback placed on Mody0101's account.
Activity: 8
Merit: 1
February 20, 2017, 01:06:09 PM
Well, you can try dave's password recovery service. bitcoin thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-wallet-recovery-services-for-forgotten-wallet-password-240779
 good luck, hope you get your wallet password recovered.

Thanks for the link, I had lost my access to my other wallet too and I want to recover it if it's possible. Checked out the website and looks nice and safe, will try to work with the team for a recovery.. Hope I'll get my money Cheesy

i contact him but he was not able to help, not sure if he try on it or no
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
February 19, 2017, 06:43:22 PM
Yes, it might be possible to discover the password in a reasonable amount of time depending on its length and keyspace. There are some BIP38 crackers around, just have a look on Google and set one up.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
February 19, 2017, 06:18:05 PM
Well, you can try dave's password recovery service. bitcoin thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-wallet-recovery-services-for-forgotten-wallet-password-240779

Thanks for the link, I had lost my access to my other wallet too and I want to recover it if it's possible. Checked out the website and looks nice and safe, will try to work with the team for a recovery.. Hope I'll get my money Cheesy
February 19, 2017, 06:11:36 PM
There is absolutely no chance that anyone can crack this for you with out more info of what the password might have been?  and i am not suggesting that you post it here either.  the fact that you have put the privkey up here means if someone does crack it then i doubt they will only take 20%.   Undecided
Hello
thanks for reply
what i have posted is the private key for the empty wallet, both have the same password, so i am still have the private key of the wallet that hold the BTCs, Alsoi have suggestions for the password to the anyone can try it.
regards
Activity: 1106
Merit: 521
February 19, 2017, 05:28:14 PM
There is absolutely no chance that anyone can crack this for you with out more info of what the password might have been?  and i am not suggesting that you post it here either.  the fact that you have put the privkey up here means if someone does crack it then i doubt they will only take 20%.   Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
February 19, 2017, 04:23:55 PM
February 19, 2017, 01:14:23 PM
Hello All
Can You recover my BIP38 Password?
i have 2.3 BTC in this offline wallet:
https://blockchain.info/address/1M3Wv7qNL7t3Yr7r5g8hyL8uMGVrM4XBSY
i created it using bitaddress.org and forget the password,
i want to crack the password and i have the private key and know password suggetions
For any one want to try to recover the password, i have other another wallet that is have no coins and have same password, so you can crack it and give me the password and i would pay you 20% of the BTC  "0.45 BTC" if you can crack it
anyone can contact me and i would give him password suggestions
if you have any suggetions of password revovery services please let me know too.
here is all info
bitaddress.org
public key: 1MPDjg3DK1GDuoeLEJXDELGUGsrRFt1eYU
privare key: 6PnURfHuPd9asZ8GLtxstBhGSoYJzc7zAxPax2mamxZaTuivJTDv1NTydF
Good luck!
regards
Pages:
Jump to: