Pages:
Author

Topic: "Canadian Island welcomes Americans should Trump become President" - page 2. (Read 727 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
Now, this is just plain funny:

Quote from: Fox 5 NY
CAPE BRETON ISLAND, Canada - A Canadian Island has started a campaign to lure Americans who may want to move to another Country if Donald Trump becomes President of the United States.

Cape Breton Island is located on the East Coast of Canada and is about the same size as the Hawaiian Big Island.

According to the website cbiftrumpwins.com the island is experiencing a bit of a population problem, despite being ranked in travel magazine's lists of beautiful island.

The site goes on to say "This is not a joke!  See for yourself, you belong here with us on Cape Breton Island, where health care is free, you know your neighbours and they look out for you, and nobody has a hand gun!"

I'm sure a lot of Trumpers will say "Good Riddance." As a Canuck, I say: "Come on in!" If liberal-type Americans are so ticked off or horrified by a Trump presidency that they'd pick up sticks, then they and America really would be better off if they emigrated to Canada. Canada isn't part of the "Nordic Model" countries, but it's close enough in structure to give those folks a taste of what it's like to live in a Nordic-Model country.

Like all of them, Canada is a parliamentary democracy tho' not as centralized as the Nordic Model countries. Like most Nordic Model countries, Canada is a Constitutional monarchy. And it certainly shares the same kind of weather with the real thing.

So; as a Canuck, I am behind those Americans who actually want to follow through on their complaints and move to the Great White North. They'll find out a few ground truths about a quasi-Nordic-Model system, and we Canadians will be doing the Trumpers a real favour. Smiley

I wish them well, good luck and a safe trip. Can anita sarkeesian be the new prefect of that island?

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Now, this is just plain funny:

Quote from: Fox 5 NY
CAPE BRETON ISLAND, Canada - A Canadian Island has started a campaign to lure Americans who may want to move to another Country if Donald Trump becomes President of the United States.

Cape Breton Island is located on the East Coast of Canada and is about the same size as the Hawaiian Big Island.

According to the website cbiftrumpwins.com the island is experiencing a bit of a population problem, despite being ranked in travel magazine's lists of beautiful island.

The site goes on to say "This is not a joke!  See for yourself, you belong here with us on Cape Breton Island, where health care is free, you know your neighbours and they look out for you, and nobody has a hand gun!"

I'm sure a lot of Trumpers will say "Good Riddance." As a Canuck, I say: "Come on in!" If liberal-type Americans are so ticked off or horrified by a Trump presidency that they'd pick up sticks, then they and America really would be better off if they emigrated to Canada. Canada isn't part of the "Nordic Model" countries, but it's close enough in structure to give those folks a taste of what it's like to live in a Nordic-Model country.

Like all of them, Canada is a parliamentary democracy tho' not as centralized as the Nordic Model countries. Like most Nordic Model countries, Canada is a Constitutional monarchy. And it certainly shares the same kind of weather with the real thing.

So; as a Canuck, I am behind those Americans who actually want to follow through on their complaints and move to the Great White North. They'll find out a few ground truths about a quasi-Nordic-Model system, and we Canadians will be doing the Trumpers a real favour. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: