Pages:
Author

Topic: Cancellation of Segwit2x and it's effect on BTC value - page 2. (Read 722 times)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Very unprofessional advice:

My guess would be that bitcoin's price will dip a bit. Probably just as low as 5%-10% as I think that a lot of people will go full FOMO because of altcoins currently skyrocketing in price. Also, knowing that most people realize that they aren't getting any free forked bitcoin as s2x has been canceled.

Thanks for that. Good answer. I was initially having the same thoughts as well however i've been reading articles on this cancellation and from the comments it seems some people are actually happy because they think bitcoin is more secure and stable now. Can't help but wonder how many feel that way and if they can drive the price upwards.

exactly.. I am thinking the same.
Activity: 406
Merit: 110

My guess would be that bitcoin's price will dip a bit. Probably just as low as 5%-10% as I think that a lot of people will go full FOMO because of altcoins currently skyrocketing in price. Also, knowing that most people realize that they aren't getting any free forked bitcoin as s2x has been canceled.

Thanks for that. Good answer. I was initially having the same thoughts as well however i've been reading articles on this cancellation and from the comments it seems some people are actually happy because they think bitcoin is more secure and stable now. Can't help but wonder how many feel that way and if they can drive the price upwards.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
It went up by a lot of money, but now it has decreased a lot until it reached $7000 again, but now it seems that it wants to be high again and it is recovering towards the all time high again, so there is no need to worry, you all know that bitcoin is always going up and you can check it by yourself on all the charts.
It is repetitive, because it is always the same process, first it goes down, and then up.
But this fork was positive for bitcoin because it made it went from less than $5500 to $7700 in just a few days.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖

Activity: 406
Merit: 110
So i just read that the controversial segwit2x upgrade was just cancelled.
Reference link: https://www.coindesk.com/2x-called-off-bitcoin-hard-fork-suspended-lack-consensus/

I'm curious to hear what people here think of this and it's effect on bitcoin price.
Is it time to go back to altcoins maybe? Or will this solidfy bitcoin position?
Pages:
Jump to: