Pages:
Author

Topic: "Cannot find Signature"... What's this? - page 2. (Read 827 times)

legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 6555
be constructive or S.T.F.U
December 24, 2018, 06:10:59 PM
ok first thing first here is a link the contains 4 different firmware for D3, mixed between bitmain and blissz , try each and everyone of them

* please scan for virus before you download, just to be safe.
https://ufile.io/oxzkc

-------------------------------------------

if everything fails then as i mentioned you need to modify the current firmware on your miner to force it to allow you a different firmware.

you will need to use a ssh tool like putty.

type the ip address of the miner in putty , keep port 22

* if message pop up > click Yes

username :root
password:admin

then you will be inside the miner.

copy paste this line

Code:
cd /www/pages/cgi-bin
    > hit enter

like this

then type this

Code:
vi upgrade.cgi

you will get something like this

but yours will be different, there will be something like

Code:
If sign *** signature not found

else sh runme.sh

you need to copy paste the code for me here to modify it, if you don't understand programming.

if you do, then it would be easy, just remove the IF statment.

--------------

and if you speak russian you can visit the website > the solutation i am propsoing  is actually taken from this Russian website

https://forum.bits.media/index.php?/topic/65678-%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8F%D1%8F-%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%88%D0%B8%D0%B2%D0%BA%D0%B0-%D0%B4%D0%BB%D1%8F-antminer-l3-%D0%BE%D1%82-blissz/&page=5&tab=comments#comment-1703686

even if you don't understand russian, you can follow my directions and then look for the picture for the upgrade file, it's in english and could be exactly like yours, if it is, just follow the picture, if it is not, just paste the code here i will modifiy it for you.

also keep in mind the default upgrade file will be locked ,you cant modify, only view. you need to click 'I' to modify it.

--------------

let us know how it goes.

legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
December 24, 2018, 03:14:25 PM
The only thing that I know may solve this issue to reprogram the control board through microsd card flashing.

If you don't know how to do this you can check this method from here https://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006020594-D3-Control-Board-Program-Recovery

After that try to flash it again with your firmware.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
December 24, 2018, 03:00:18 PM
A thank you can be already, and hello to the first post? and mikeywith has already given solutions to explore ...
Hi, I really planned to thank everyone once I explored all the solutions and closed the post, you have been a good Samaritan in passing me that firmware and I thank you very much, the reason why I ask for any suggestion is because I already try The first 2 solutions of mikeywith no success Sad, the firmware seems to be resicted even to its own older versions and also manually reset the D3 but the firmware remains the same (Tue Nov 13 11:46:56 CST 2018) , the third option of mikeywith seems to be the most suitable but I have no idea how to do it, I will write to the private one to see if you can help me more closely, or if you or someone else here knows how to do with the third solution.

BTW: Sorry for my bad English, it's not my first language but I do my best  Smiley Smiley Wink
Activity: 446
Merit: 347
December 24, 2018, 01:02:33 PM
A thank you can be already, and hello to the first post? and mikeywith has already given solutions to explore ...
December 24, 2018, 11:36:43 AM
Hi, here, I have a habit of keeping ALL the firmware in stock, for this kind of problem precisely;)

http://www.k-upload.fr/afficher-fichier-2018-12-24-130034350antminerd320.gz.html      ( Antminer-D3-201711201715-0M.tar.gz )

in view of the practice of bitmain, in my opinion, you can not reflash another firmware ... just try
It does not work, I get the same message "Cannot find Signature!!!", it's really annoying Sad
Any suggestions?
Activity: 446
Merit: 347
December 24, 2018, 06:05:33 AM
Hi, here, I have a habit of keeping ALL the firmware in stock, for this kind of problem precisely;)

http://www.k-upload.fr/afficher-fichier-2018-12-24-130034350antminerd320.gz.html      ( Antminer-D3-201711201715-0M.tar.gz )

in view of the practice of bitmain, in my opinion, you can not reflash another firmware ... just try
December 24, 2018, 03:09:12 AM
this happened because you installed the the latest D3 firmware which has the signature check function which the current blissz you trying to flush doesn't match with.

you have 3 solutions for this, i will start with the easiest.

1- hard reset your miner " not through the web" but with by pressing the reset bottom for 5 seconds

2-find an older/different version of the D3 firmware, flush it, and then flush blissz

3- long story but 100% guaranteed to work.

modify the current firmware on your miner by using putty SSH.

get to the upgrade.cgi file and you will find a  function related to md5 check ,which checks the signature before installing it, you need to either delete it or comment it, if you don't know how to do it,send the code and i'll modify it for you.

*edit > please move your topic to the mining support. you will get more people trying to help there. you can do so by using clicking the "move topic" bottom found on the bottom left side .
Ok, I already moved it, I'm new in this forum, sorry

I'm going for the second option, any idea of where I can get an old version of the D3 firmware? since in the official page only the last version appears.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 6555
be constructive or S.T.F.U
December 23, 2018, 11:28:24 PM
this happened because you installed the the latest D3 firmware which has the signature check function which the current blissz you trying to flush doesn't match with.

you have 3 solutions for this, i will start with the easiest.

1- hard reset your miner " not through the web" but with by pressing the reset bottom for 5 seconds

2-find an older/different version of the D3 firmware, flush it, and then flush blissz

3- long story but 100% guaranteed to work.

modify the current firmware on your miner by using putty SSH.

get to the upgrade.cgi file and you will find a  function related to md5 check ,which checks the signature before installing it, you need to either delete it or comment it, if you don't know how to do it,send the code and i'll modify it for you.

*edit > please move your topic to the mining support. you will get more people trying to help there. you can do so by using clicking the "move topic" bottom found on the bottom left side .
December 23, 2018, 07:12:47 PM
Have you tried to check the firmware first if its compatible with your D3 it might be incompatible that is why it shows "cannot find Signature"

You must flash your miner with a correct firmware if you flash it with incompatible firmware it might brick your miner or it may cause more errors.

I suggest you to always use the firmware from bitmain for safety purposes.
I'm sure it's compatible because that firmware I had previously installed in the ASIC and I was mining with it for almost 3 months, only for maintenance issues I had to install the previous one and now when I try to reinstall the Blissz version, I get with this message
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
December 23, 2018, 06:42:21 PM
Have you tried to check the firmware first if its compatible with your D3 it might be incompatible that is why it shows "cannot find Signature"

You must flash your miner with a correct firmware if you flash it with incompatible firmware it might brick your miner or it may cause more errors.

I suggest you to always use the firmware from bitmain for safety purposes.
December 23, 2018, 06:11:55 PM
I have a D3 that some time ago I installed the latest version of blissz firmware and it went great, recently I had to reinstall the original bitmain firmware for maintenance issues and when I'm going to reinstall the Blissz firmware I get a message that says "Cannot find Signature !!!", does anyone know how to fix it?

It is urgent for me to have Blissz's firmware since bitmain has a lot of problems, thanks. Cry Cry
Pages:
Jump to: