Pages:
Author

Topic: Can't find Antminer S3 IP address - won't reset - page 2. (Read 13192 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Yeah it still didn't work.  Oh well.  Sad
Activity: 18
Try pushing the reset button.at the same time as you cut the power to the ant.make sure
There is no power at all ,keep the reset button held in for about 30 seconds.
That's about all i can help you with. To be honest i thought my ant was dead aswell.
I sent mine back to the guy .he put my details in it for me and worked a treat.so the next
Few i bought the guy helped me with the info i relayed on to you..
Goodluck m8.
I never touched it. Is the miner second hand

Yes it is used.  I know the reset pin doesn't line up but I know I've been pushing it, pushing it real good.
If it's an s3. I did notice that the reset switch doesn't line up, On mine anyway , i have to tilt the pin i use to reset it . But am sure you are feeling for the button sort off clicking. Personally i think they are a pain in the a*se to setup for someone that is new too them, good luck.
I never touched it. Is the miner second hand
I tried that but it didn't work.  What should preferred DNS server be or does it not matter?
Hi guys,  I am also new to setting up these antminers .took me ages to set them up. So i will try and help you out. You might have done this already, But worth a try .
Ok i am assuming that your using windows. So start bar control. Panel. Networks. Change adapter settings. Right click local area connection. Then properties.
Go down to where it says internet protocol version 4. Click on the box for use the following ip address.  For ip address. Enter 192.168.1.1 subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Default gateway 192.168.1.100..then click ok .connect your pc or laptop too the miner using your RG45 Cable.open. a browser and type 192.168.1.99 You should get into the miner. After you set your miner up mind and reverse the adapter settings in your network adapter setting the ones that you changed.
Like i said you might have done this already .but i used ip scanner and all that, till i did it that way.good luck hope it helps .
I have the same problem with mi S3; I can’t find the IP and the thing don´t restart.  Huh

It looks like there is no solution.  I should have checked earlier so I could have returned it.  Now I'm stuck with a faulty S3.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
I have the same problem with mi S3; I can’t find the IP and the thing don´t restart.  Huh
I have tried using IP scanner to find the IP address and nothing is showing up for 192.168.0, 192.168.1, or 192.168.2.  I have tried resetting it multiple times in the hopes of resetting it to 192.168.1.99 but no luck.  Any suggestions?

What do the lights do?  Does it seem to still be hashing?

And on reset if you do it the IP should be 192.168.1.99 .   It takes around 10 seconds of holding in the little button after it takes a few minutes to do the restart.

The green and red lights are both on.  It's not hashing because I don't have it setup on my new router.  If I hold down the reset button nothing happens.  If I power it off and back on while holding reset then the red light flashes until I turn it off. 

I would give it 3-5 mins to reset.  What IP range is your router using?

I've already given it an hour to reset and I've let it sit after turning it off.  The router is set to 192.168.0 but I've tried connecting it to a laptop set to 192.168.0 thru 192.168.2.  The IP scanner can find my other S3 just not this one. 
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I have tried using IP scanner to find the IP address and nothing is showing up for 192.168.0, 192.168.1, or 192.168.2.  I have tried resetting it multiple times in the hopes of resetting it to 192.168.1.99 but no luck.  Any suggestions?

And on reset if you do it the IP should be 192.168.1.99 .   It takes around 10 seconds of holding in the little button after it takes a few minutes to do the restart.

The green and red lights are both on.  It's not hashing because I don't have it setup on my new router.  If I hold down the reset button nothing happens.  If I power it off and back on while holding reset then the red light flashes until I turn it off. 

I would give it 3-5 mins to reset.  What IP range is your router using?

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Pages:
Jump to: