Pages:
Author

Topic: Can't succesfully broadcast -Bitcoin Core wallet - page 2. (Read 441 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Will this not 'send' and spend the btc twice?
You can broadcast the same transaction many times. It's not like your bank (if you tell your bank to transfer $100 two times, it does it two times), it's more like asking someone to move your car (if you repeat the question he still moves it only once).
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Thanks for your reply. I am a complete noob so please bear with me, what you say is I make a transaction the normal way and then copy the raw transaction id from the gui, and then do your command sendrawtransaction and paste it behind there? Will this not 'send' and spend the btc twice?
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4318
It sounds as though the network is rejecting your transaction for some reason Sad

This is usually the case for transactions that show as: "Status: 0/unconfirmed, not in memory pool, has not been successfully broadcast yet"

Unfortunately, you haven't given us the actual error code/message (I assume because the GUI isn't showing it to you)... so what I suggest is that you try and use the "sendrawtransaction" command in the debug console... and then tell us what the error code/message is that is displayed... Follow these menu options:

Help -> Debug Window -> Console

and then use the command:

sendrawtransaction RAW_TRANSACTION_HEX
Thanks! I tried to run it without a firewall, but it didn't work either.

I have pasted the raw transaction in that website, but it had a server error. Now that I think of it, can this broadcasting do any harm, like sending btc in limbo for a while, because I cant send them but also not abondon the transaction?

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Could it be somehow related to your internet connection and/or firewall settings?

You can try this: after making the transaction, go to the Transactions tab, right-click the transaction, then click Copy raw transaction.
Then paste the raw transaction into https://blockchain.info/pushtx to manually broadcast it.
This doesn't solve your problem, but at least you can broadcast the transaction.
For almost a week now I've been trying to transfer some btc. Almost every time it just does not work. I'm using the highest recommended fees (currently: .0095 btc/kb). When I look at the transaction details it usually says this:  Status: 0/unconfirmed, not in memory pool, has not been successfully broadcast yet . Indeed when looking up the transaction ID on blockchain.info it does not show up. After waiting a while and hovering over the transaction in the transaction history it says "offline". WHen i then go to the details i get this : "0/offline, has not been successfully broadcast yet".

I do have 8 connections and it keeps syncing the chain correctly, so I doubt I'm actually offline. What could it be?

One transaction (to coinbase) actually did go through (after more than 30 minutes or so), I did nothing different!

What I have tried:
Close en reopen the program.
Tried several  adresses to send btc to.
Tried several types of fees, even higher than the highest recommended.
Reboot my pc.
Reinstall the client software .
Tried the 32 bit version of the client software (after uninstalling the 64bit version).
Uninstall en remove the entire blockchain download en reinstall and download the entire chain again.
Installing it on a different Windows harddrive and try it there.
I have no problem with sending (from another wallet) btc from an electrum wallet.

Bitcoin Client Software and Version Number: Bitcoin Core version v0.15.1 (32-bit) (also tried 64bit)
Operating System: Win 10

Pages:
Jump to: