Pages:
Author

Topic: Can't withdraw from Gox - page 2. (Read 2155 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
January 24, 2012, 10:13:31 PM
Way under the limits.  Months ago it used to be that you only had to get verified to move large amounts.  Now it seems they are requiring verification on all accounts.  My friends at work have the same verification message and they all have done under $100 in withdrawals.

That's rather disturbing. I have some money on there and plan to withdraw it to buy a new gfx card to supplement my mining rig. MagicalTux do you care to comment on this?

Is it possible that you or your friends was connected through the TOR network or through a proxy? This would trigger a verification request.
Activity: 630
January 24, 2012, 10:01:59 PM
Way under the limits.  Months ago it used to be that you only had to get verified to move large amounts.  Now it seems they are requiring verification on all accounts.  My friends at work have the same verification message and they all have done under $100 in withdrawals.
Activity: 560
January 24, 2012, 09:58:02 PM
So I have this huge cell phone bill due to an online class I had to take for work.  I logged into Gox and sold some BTC to pay the bill.  I go to withdraw to Dwolla like I have done many times and I get "Your account is currently pending review" and I need to verify.  WTF Gox?  So I decided to buy back BTC and go to another exchange to cash out.  I try to withdraw BTC and I get "Your account is currently pending review".  WTF?  I can't get USD **or** BTC out of Gox?  You have got to be kidding me.  What happened to BTC being anonymous?  So I upload photo ID and read on the forums it could take 2 weeks to get verified.  I'm pretty sure it is illegal to let me deposit money but not let me withdraw it.  Time for a class action?

How much were you trying to withdraw? If you exceeded their limits you would be put up for account review. Its not very well documented on their website but it has been discussed here.

"All methods below are subject to a withdrawal limit of 1000 USD per 24hr period and 10000 USD per 30 Day period:"
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
January 24, 2012, 09:42:39 PM
Will they tell you why it's under review?
Activity: 630
January 24, 2012, 09:26:58 PM
So I have this huge cell phone bill due to an online class I had to take for work.  I logged into Gox and sold some BTC to pay the bill.  I go to withdraw to Dwolla like I have done many times and I get "Your account is currently pending review" and I need to verify.  WTF Gox?  So I decided to buy back BTC and go to another exchange to cash out.  I try to withdraw BTC and I get "Your account is currently pending review".  WTF?  I can't get USD **or** BTC out of Gox?  You have got to be kidding me.  What happened to BTC being anonymous?  So I upload photo ID and read on the forums it could take 2 weeks to get verified.  I'm pretty sure it is illegal to let me deposit money but not let me withdraw it.  Time for a class action?
Pages:
Jump to: