Author

Topic: [CAPT] CAPTcoin - page 105. (Read 1059804 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
August 17, 2014, 09:26:25 AM
 price is low i bought some coins  Kiss
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 17, 2014, 09:05:55 AM
!! IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!

Go vote for CAPTcoin on HitBTC !!!
We need a massive amount of vote to grab the 1st place !!!
So, please, don't forget your daily vote !

• HitBTC / https://hitbtc.com/vote
    Details : One vote/day per IP no need to register. If you are signed-in into your HitBTC account, your vote will be multiplied by 10 (but you can cast only one vote as a member).

Actual rank : 14th

13th place isn't so far Smiley Keep going like that !!!
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
August 17, 2014, 08:04:24 AM
Cool thank you for the heads up.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Allergic to false promises
August 17, 2014, 07:42:42 AM
Where would you guys say the best place would be to buy CAPTcoins with my Bitcoins I have now? I am just doing faucets when I take a break from Captchas. A couple of the places I looked at have some pretty high fees to put BTC in as well as to buy CAPT.

Thanks in advance.
I find Lazy Coins the best one. Also they don't have fees for deposit or withdrawal.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
August 17, 2014, 07:38:22 AM
Where would you guys say the best place would be to buy CAPTcoins with my Bitcoins I have now? I am just doing faucets when I take a break from Captchas. A couple of the places I looked at have some pretty high fees to put BTC in as well as to buy CAPT.

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
August 17, 2014, 03:28:57 AM
Do you guys think the price will fall some more? I want to buy when it's at it's lowest. Or should I just buy now?

Sometimes it's better to trust your gut feeling on when to buy, sell or hold. If you feel confident on buying just do it.

+1000
K I just bought 20$ worth of capt, hopefully it rises Cheesy

Great! CAPT Price will most likely rise.

I think we should work out some kind of valuation methods. One method I m thinking is to peg to BTC price.

1. BTC can go to maximum of 20-21 million Coins
2. CAPT can go to 100 million coins
3. About 18 million could get destroyed after the 50 days distribution. Total coins will be around 82 Millions.

So from the no. of coins side, BTC to CAPT ratio is about 1:4. Why not looks for a 1/4 BTC Price of CAPT by pegging to BTC.
Do you understand what it takes to peg one currency to another?  You can't just say, "X CAPT will be equivalent to 1 BTC" and expect the market to respect it.  If you want a certain ratio to exist, you have to have someone with a LOT of resources constantly monitoring the exchange rate and buying and selling to maintain the desired ratio.  If CAPT is actually worth significantly less than the pegged ratio, the person/people maintaing that ratio need to be prepared to lose a LOT of money.

True PEG needs a central bank in case of Fiat currecncy to maintain it like FED,ECB or PBOC. But The ratio I m talking about is to give a guide to have a fair idea among the CAPT users what the valuation of CAPT Economy will be.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 17, 2014, 03:07:10 AM
Do you guys think the price will fall some more? I want to buy when it's at it's lowest. Or should I just buy now?

Sometimes it's better to trust your gut feeling on when to buy, sell or hold. If you feel confident on buying just do it.

+1000

I think we should work out some kind of valuation methods. One method I m thinking is to peg to BTC price.

3. About 18 million could get destroyed after the 50 days distribution. Total coins will be around 82 Millions.

So from the no. of coins side, BTC to CAPT ratio is about 1:4. Why not looks for a 1/4 BTC Price of CAPT by pegging to BTC.
Do you understand what it takes to peg one currency to another?  You can't just say, "X CAPT will be equivalent to 1 BTC" and expect the market to respect it.  If you want a certain ratio to exist, you have to have someone with a LOT of resources constantly monitoring the exchange rate and buying and selling to maintain the desired ratio.  If CAPT is actually worth significantly less than the pegged ratio, the person/people maintaing that ratio need to be prepared to lose a LOT of money.
Activity: 116
August 17, 2014, 01:59:58 AM
my wallet is stuck on 1 connection to network.
I tried to addnode in console but kept getting error.
I entered it like this... addnode 104.45.34.blah.blah add

Is there another function to add more nodes?
Activity: 196
August 17, 2014, 01:35:58 AM
What do you think triggered the value to go up 10,000 Sat a week ago? Was it due to the Coin-Swap deposit issue?

Deposit issue that dry up the supply. Also that there is demand for the CAPT.

So its going to be very interesting to see after the 50 day distribution is over when there will be no more free coins to get.

Good explanation here.. Many people are asking the same question that why did capt reach 10K sat. This is very helpful information. So it is wise to keep our coins so that there will be less supply but still as long as there is free captcoin promo the value won't rise.
Activity: 672
August 17, 2014, 01:16:13 AM
i have contacted bleutrade to add captcoin, you too can send him a message https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/digitalcurrencyconsultant-109342

We need more Captcoin users on the site so the coin can be considered.
Thank-you Signup here so we can keep track of user signups for the Captcoin: https://bleutrade.com/home/316
Signed up!
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
August 17, 2014, 01:11:23 AM
Wow, since I bought more, I was able to mint 1 full captcoin! Cheesy

Good for you, my biggest was .2 something CAPT maximum. May be I should also buy more to increase my chance minting a much bigger amount of CAPT.
August 17, 2014, 12:31:20 AM
looks like we are having a support at around 2520 satoshi +/- 20.

At coin-swap, many buyer and seller with 1000+ orders are congregating. I guess with dwindling supply in the future, this level should get raise in its long term uptrend till it reach our assume value. (my assumption is after the 50 days distribution to get to 1/4th of BTC. Mayb it may take 2-3 years or more).
Activity: 672
August 17, 2014, 12:23:50 AM
Wow, since I bought more, I was able to mint 1 full captcoin! Cheesy
Activity: 112
August 16, 2014, 11:32:34 PM
!! IMPORTANT MESSAGE !!

Go vote for CAPTcoin on HitBTC !!!
We need a massive amount of vote to grab the 1st place !!!
So, please, don't forget your daily vote !

• HitBTC / https://hitbtc.com/vote
    Details : One vote/day per IP no need to register. If you are signed-in into your HitBTC account, your vote will be multiplied by 10 (but you can cast only one vote as a member).

Actual rank : 14th

Should I register and vote? Or just keep voting once a day?
It's totally depending on you. How you wanna put your vote, as a member which will count as 10 times but only once, so as per the number of current votes which is 1760 it'll become 1770 after adding yours and you'll not have to go to that voting section every day and wait for 24 hours before casting your 1 vote. But you can obviously choose other option if you like. Smiley
August 16, 2014, 11:30:04 PM
What do you think triggered the value to go up 10,000 Sat a week ago? Was it due to the Coin-Swap deposit issue?

Deposit issue that dry up the supply. Also that there is demand for the CAPT.

So its going to be very interesting to see after the 50 day distribution is over when there will be no more free coins to get.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Proof-of-Asset Protocol
August 16, 2014, 11:22:51 PM
August 16, 2014, 11:03:48 PM

+1000

Assuming after the free captcoin promo there'll only be around 2million captcoins this is based on the current mining of captcoin. Each year the 2 million captcoin will produce 30% more coins (600,000) so by next year all captcoins will just be around 2.6 million. By, 2016 the 2.6million coins will produce another 30% (780,000) this means 2,600,000 + 780,000 = 3,380,000 captcoins in circulation by mid 2016 and so on as long as the coin is alive it keeps on multiplying by 30% annually. So it's still need several years to reach the maximum 100,000,000 coins

Yes we can go into that detail to find out the RATIO to peg the CAPT to BTC from time to time.

Like you assume, we will have about 2 million after the 50 day distribution. BTC  I guess is around 11 million coins now. The Ratio will be then 5.5:1. So 1 CAPT will be valued at 5.5BTC. Which is pretty unrealistic. So the long term 1BTC worth about 4CAPT seems a better method.

It is just one of the method I m thinking now. Other valid and acceptable form of valuation methods can be explored to give us a guideline of the value of CAPT.

For further discussion,  dedicated topic:

https://forum.captcoin.com/index.php/topic,202.0.html
Activity: 196
August 16, 2014, 10:49:20 PM

+1000

Assuming after the free captcoin promo there'll only be around 2million captcoins this is based on the current mining of captcoin. Each year the 2 million captcoin will produce 30% more coins (600,000) so by next year all captcoins will just be around 2.6 million. By, 2016 the 2.6million coins will produce another 30% (780,000) this means 2,600,000 + 780,000 = 3,380,000 captcoins in circulation by mid 2016 and so on as long as the coin is alive it keeps on multiplying by 30% annually. So it's still need several years to reach the maximum 100,000,000 coins
August 16, 2014, 09:57:51 PM

+1000

Jump to: