Pages:
Author

Topic: Cash (Paper Money) vs Monero - page 2. (Read 247 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 259
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
February 27, 2024, 12:52:01 AM
Cash was once considered an effective way to hide transactions in the real world. With the increased use of surveillance technology, it is not as effective as it once used to be. In today's world, almost all transactions are done on the internet. Using cash is not possible on the Internet and that is why cryptocurrencies were invested. The primary purpose was to remove the fiat footprint and reduce transaction charges. With the innovation of technology in the last 10 years, it is now not considered more secure and that is the reason why we see privacy coins in the market. I would say more than cash it is better to use Monero if you want your financial footprint on the internet to be private. 
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1069
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 26, 2024, 09:25:34 PM
What do you prefer for making untraceable transactions? Cash (paper money) or Monero? Based on your selection, why do you think it's best for said purpose? If paper money goes out of circulation, would you use XMR? Or something else?

Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Grin

If you truly want to have untraceable transaction than it's monero. But there's a problem with escrow when dealing with monero. You either need to believe in the recipient or are donating.
The reason why people still choose cash is including it's ease of use, cash also acts as a proof of ownership till the transaction is made. i.e. the physical nature of cash itself acts as an escrow.
The advantage of monero is you can deal with a large amount across the border and seas while dealing with large amount of cash and taking it from one place to another could be problematic. Monero can be done online with 100% anonymity but the risk of being scammed could be higher than on physical cash deals.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
February 26, 2024, 07:57:01 PM
IMO both, but it depends on the situation in which there are advantages and disadvantages.
Using paper money, you can't across to other countries just to pay so you need a digital payment and the best way here is a crypto that has a decentralized nature and also has a privacy-centric nature.

I choose Monero in that way.
Monero's privacy features, such as ring signatures and stealth addresses, provide a higher level of anonymity compared to traditional cash transactions which are only good for neighboring transactions.
Activity: 700
Merit: 577
February 26, 2024, 07:51:26 PM
What do you prefer for making untraceable transactions? Cash (paper money) or Monero? Based on your selection, why do you think it's best for said purpose? If paper money goes out of circulation, would you use XMR? Or something else?

@Abiky in this your campaign I see your post more than any y person in fact I don't know any other person except you. Thanks for your effort. And as for the topic I will choose Monero because it is a decentralized system and nobody can trace anyone transaction to anyone but the transaction can be trace to the recipient address but not to someone. If paper money is out of the exchange market then digital money would take over and I gladly use another exchange and not XMR.

The inflation is high because the paper currency is controlled by authorities and wealthy men. But where by nobody control money again then things will be alright for everyone to enjoy.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1022
Hello Leo! You can still win.
February 26, 2024, 07:41:15 PM

The old school paper fiat remains the legend in making untraceable transactions. The advantage of has over XMR is that it is not complicated or difficult to use unlike XMR. Infact, you don't even need the consciousness of wanting to conceal your transactions even before initiating the transaction. Once you make payments, the paper fiat leaves you hand immediately and almost untreaceable. This is the same issue with XMR but more complicated to use.
Activity: 994
Merit: 137
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 26, 2024, 07:27:02 PM
Well, they both got good things and bad things goin' on.  Cash can be nice and easy if you just need somethin' basic for in-person transactions and ain't worried bout haulin' around physical money.  But if you're lookin' to make some lowkey online buys, Monero might do the trick and  it gives you more privacy than other cryptos.  But it aint perfect.

So yeah, kinda depends what you need and what tradeoffs you're willin' to make.  Cash for simplicity Monero if you want more anonymity online.
Activity: 2380
Merit: 251
February 26, 2024, 07:11:49 PM

Monero has its limitations when it comes to the actual use case while cash is king and if its dollar then it's accepted everywhere and you no need to worry about the value cause in the informal market you will get better price than the actual market rate. But it's applicable only for smaller transactions and moving physical cash in huge chunk is big risk for that monero can be the better option but what about Bitcoin. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 1406
February 26, 2024, 06:50:31 PM
Cold hard cash is always the way no matter how good the protocol.  I haven't kept up on monero as much lately so not sure how iron clad those anon transactions are you can never beat cash.  Once offloaded there is no physical way to tie it back to you and if so the actual transaction itself.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 412
February 26, 2024, 06:22:24 PM
This is like comparing old school criminal organizations and the new school hehe. Cold cash for the OGs while XMR for the new bloods. I guess I could use XMR if paper money will be out of circulation but the question is will anyone accept XMR as payment? We all know regulator are trying their best to crack Monero's code and they will surely try to police all establishments that will accept crypto. P2P may be the only option but how long will that last?
Activity: 154
Merit: 17
February 26, 2024, 10:08:26 AM
if for daily needs I choose cash (banknotes), it's simpler anyway and the most important thing is that it cannot be traced, aka there is no trace, unless recorded by CCTV.
if using monero for daily use will be difficult even though it is simpler and more concise.
but the point is that not everyone knows the monero technology.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
February 26, 2024, 07:47:59 AM

Pages:
Jump to: