Pages:
Author

Topic: [Cast XMR] high speed XMR/CryptoNight miner for RX Vega GPUs (2 KHash/s) - page 3. (Read 206345 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Hi!

I have a Ryzen 1700+Vega 56 on a MSI x370 Carbon Pro Gaming, recently reformated with Windows 10 version 1809, latest mother drivers + Radeon 18.6.1

I have a strange problem. If I start Windows and run Cast right away I get 1750H/s. If I leave it alone for a couple of minutes (?) and then I start Cast again, I get ~1100H/s. I have to restart Windows or suspend/resume Windows to get 1750H/s again.

Is there a way to fix this? Or maybe restart the driver without the need of restarting Windows or suspending/resuming? It's not a Cast problem because I get the same problem with other GPU miners (but not with CPU miners).
I do not want to sound like an axxole, but the causes could be many, and at this point in time with the mining gig so depressed, I doubt you will find anybody with the energy and time to spare and tell you more than what I am going to tell you now:
It is apparent that you use your PC for gaming and that is fine, I would stick to that and not worry about 200 hashes. Also because with one card only, you are scrapping pennies per day.

No, I use it for mining and a bit of web browsing. And I'm not going down by 200 hashes, but 550. And Every penny here is worth mining because devaluation here has took a big hit on us and even with current "mining gig so depressed" it's still profitable here.

We all went through a lot of troubleshooting which most of it is documented on this thread and you may have to dig it out.
Most of us who run a stable and well performing rig, have a system dedicated with settings suitable only to mining.

I had it. But then I had to reformat and install Windows+drivers+miners again and the problems arose.
It's not that the card can't mine. If I start the computer and put it to mine right away, it gets a almost constant 1750H/s. But if I wait for a couple of minutes or I stop the miner and run it again later, it drops to an almost constant 1100H/s
I've tried looking not only in this thread, but on many other forums. And because this is a problem with any AMD miner, I've asked in other forums.

I give you 2 tips: check if the gpu temperature stays below 70 celsius, because when it goes above 70c sometimes it throttle down or the driver reset itself to specs overclocking on order to protect the card. In that case you need to improve ventilation or GPU fan speed.

I've configured to be t 68c and it stays there...

Then check on your MB BIOS if the GPU setting is on GEN1 or GEN2, which are the best settings for mining. Normally by default the MB are delivered on AUTO. Having  MB GPU settings on AUTO normally make the miner decrease HS rate or simply crash.

I'll look at it. One of the things I've done prior formatting is to update BIOS. Maybe that setting has changed.
But remember: miners go OK for DAYS if I start it right away or don't leave it alone. Also restarting or suspending/resuming cure the illnes.

Then here is the best thing to read on mining with a VEGA.
http://vega.miningguides.com/

Many thanks! I'll check there too!!

Good luck!
I'll need it...   Cry
Activity: 206
Hi!

I have a Ryzen 1700+Vega 56 on a MSI x370 Carbon Pro Gaming, recently reformated with Windows 10 version 1809, latest mother drivers + Radeon 18.6.1

I have a strange problem. If I start Windows and run Cast right away I get 1750H/s. If I leave it alone for a couple of minutes (?) and then I start Cast again, I get ~1100H/s. I have to restart Windows or suspend/resume Windows to get 1750H/s again.

Is there a way to fix this? Or maybe restart the driver without the need of restarting Windows or suspending/resuming? It's not a Cast problem because I get the same problem with other GPU miners (but not with CPU miners).
I do not want to sound like an axxole, but the causes could be many, and at this point in time with the mining gig so depressed, I doubt you will find anybody with the energy and time to spare and tell you more than what I am going to tell you now:
It is apparent that you use your PC for gaming and that is fine, I would stick to that and not worry about 200 hashes. Also because with one card only, you are scrapping pennies per day.
We all went through a lot of troubleshooting which most of it is documented on this thread and you may have to dig it out.
Most of us who run a stable and well performing rig, have a system dedicated with settings suitable only to mining.

I give you 2 tips: check if the gpu temperature stays below 70 celsius, because when it goes above 70c sometimes it throttle down or the driver reset itself to specs overclocking on order to protect the card. In that case you need to improve ventilation or GPU fan speed.
Then check on your MB BIOS if the GPU setting is on GEN1 or GEN2, which are the best settings for mining. Normally by default the MB are delivered on AUTO. Having  MB GPU settings on AUTO normally make the miner decrease HS rate or simply crash.

Then here is the best thing to read on mining with a VEGA.
http://vega.miningguides.com/

Good luck!
Hi!

Activity: 84
Dear glph3k!

Is it possible to make the log file a litte bit better organised?
It would be nice to look similar to the client itself. An enter at the end of the line would be great.

Thanks!
Activity: 128
Merit: 5
Dear Cast XMR Dev Team:

Thank you very much for implementing linux support. Today we released Cast XMR integration in our pimpup OTA update. It can be installed on existing rigs with just 2 easy commands: `pimpup` and `pimp --add 1251`

Thank you for a great job of delivering fast, reliable cryptonight mining to our AMD miners! It works great and the API is solid so far in all our testing. Looking forward to more great updates as well!

~ melt
getpimp.org | miner.farm
Activity: 91
Merit: 29
From documentation:

"The cards are ordered by their PCI slot order, which does not necessarily match the OpenCL GPU device order!"

This makes incorporating this miner in MultiPoolMiner.io very difficult. All other miners that I have come across ordered by OpenCL GPU number.

Please either change the numbering scheme, or add a switch that allows for it. Thank you!

Hi,

this quoted sentence belongs to the Linux version and refers to OpenCL device  to Linux DRM card control mapping, which is a subject related to the Linux OS.

The -G switch (in the Windows and Linux version) always is in OpenCL device order.
Activity: 200
Merit: 3
From documentation:

"The cards are ordered by their PCI slot order, which does not necessarily match the OpenCL GPU device order!"

This makes incorporating this miner in MultiPoolMiner.io very difficult. All other miners that I have come across ordered by OpenCL GPU number.

Please either change the numbering scheme, or add a switch that allows for it. Thank you!
Activity: 24
The latest working VEGA mining driver is the 18.7.1, newest drivers not recommended.

Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.7.1 Release Notes | AMD
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
how to set fan speed in configuration file, i mean which command will work ? like claymore miner
--fanspeed ? or
--fanmin --fanmax ? or
--fans ?

anyone can tell or all are ******  Lips sealed

read the first page post.
Activity: 220
Merit: 6
how to set fan speed in configuration file, i mean which command will work ? like claymore miner
--fanspeed ? or
--fanmin --fanmax ? or
--fans ?

anyone can tell or all are ******  Lips sealed
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387
Ukrainians will resist
RX 480 4 or 8 gb, OS Win 7x64 , patched BIOS, driver 18.6.1, 1200/2050
Hashrate 500 h/s in Haven.
675 h/s cryptinight v7.
is more possible?
Activity: 357
Merit: 26
Hullo folks, is there a powershell script or similar to automate the switch-radeon-gpu commands/overdriveN and run Cast? Many thanks in advance!

By the way, in case anyone is looking for this too, try fiddlefingers watchdog script from github. The one bit you'll need to change is to add devcon.exe to the mining folder, not win/sys/whatever as indicated...
Activity: 206
I hope cast xmr can do better than this. its too much time for a miner to improve. other competitors giving better hashrates now.
I love cast xmr hope it gets the best hashrates on CN algo again.
With the new version of Cast, I get 1620Hs on Haven and 2040Hs on Stellite with a few Vega 64. Using about 160 watts each.
And nearly ZERO bad shares and consistent results at the pool. Sometimes I have Zero bad shares for days.
I let the rig run for more than a week without restarting and I have Zero Hs drops.
I have a crash once in a while on a PC with 2 of RX580, but it is very rare.
Otherwise with the Vegas rig, I haven't had  a crash for months and it works 24/7.

What are others miners performance?

I haven't touched Monero with the new version yet and unless something dramatic happens, I am not going to bother with it.
Activity: 43
Merit: 1
I hope cast xmr can do better than this. its too much time for a miner to improve. other competitors giving better hashrates now.
I love cast xmr hope it gets the best hashrates on CN algo again.
Has anyone tried 18.9.3 adrenalin driver for vega 56? Any issue reported?

i have just  tested 18.9.3 .. looks fine.. same hash rate and stability
Activity: 150
i tested xmr stak 2.5.2 vs cast xmr 1.6.0  4 gpu rx 580
on cast xmr i have 3850 h/s but poor shares
on xmr stak i have 3080 h/s but better shares and % per block .
Has anyone tried 18.9.3 adrenalin driver for vega 56? Any issue reported?
Activity: 17
Merit: 1
Hi,

I have a quick question about the hash efficiency in Cryptonight Heavy.

I have noticed that Vega FE can make like + 2000H/s while Vega 64 can do like 1550H/s.

What kind of H/Watt does FE make? My Vega 64 does ~8.3H/Watt.
Activity: 105
Hello,
I need some help,
I have 4 RX 580 nitro + (8go) , 1 hynix , 3 micron . I was mining with SRB at 850h/s each.

I did this to increase my hashrate.
- Custom build with SRB Polaris ( I just pressed PIMP my strap then save BIOS and flash)
- then I DDU my old driver and install new one 18.6.1.
- then used atidmkpacher
- I tried the latest version of the miner with  for each RX580.

But now I'm still mining 850h/s
Activity: 84
Settings here --> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OCC19UUKxc6Qid5KmTJ2soT25xGykqik   I do not see in that picture that you mined at 1850 h/s

Sometimes the client shows 1850H/s, but the usual is rather 1820-1830H/s when HBM is on 1100MHz, GPU 1408MHz.

Corrected.
Pages:
Jump to: