Pages:
Author

Topic: Catalonia Referendum Pushes Bitcoin Prices Above $4400 - page 2. (Read 764 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 259
Thats some bad reporting there. Does he really believe even the casual readers will buy that? No one is that stupid. The writer is trying to connect two hopelessly disjointed dots.

Maybe someone should tell him that Catalonia is not China and that he should step out of this fantasy he is creating.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Maybe the corrupt catalonians politics are pushing BTC price up.  Grin

Part of this independence trial is just to save some corrupt politics from the punishment by spanish laws. Politics that were stealing from contracts of statal constructions. Unfortunatelly Bitcoin is an easy way to make this money disappear...
Activity: 1064
Merit: 505
Unless it goes up or down more than 1000$ there is no reason to think bitcoin is being influenced by anything. If you are not new to bitcoin you know the price can randomly go up a few hundred dollars even if nothing interesting/important happened because that's just how volatile bitcoin is.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
I think they are speculating that Catalonia population and Catalonia bitcoin community will turn into bitcoin for their survival if the unrest continues to the next coming months. Similar to what Venezuelan's are doing right now in face of a financial crisis. Venezuelan's used bitcoin to buy goods outside of their country. The bitcoin community use it to food or even medicine, while Venezuelans abroad use it as remittances. However, I'm not sure how big the bitcoin community in Catalonia to make a significant impact in the price today.
Activity: 896
Merit: 521
I seriously doubt that this news has anything to do with recent Bitcoin price surge. I didn't see price tumble when the Spain police took harsh measures on these protestors before, then why now it is increasing when the support is firm. I just didn't understand the relation. I don't think that even 1% of Catalonia’s population is into Bitcoin. Why would there be any impact? What all Bitcoin is gonna get with Catalonia's freedom. If someone can make it more clear to me.
Activity: 378
Merit: 278
Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair
News that Catalonia has won ‘right to statehood’ sent the price of Bitcoin at $4400 on Sunday evening, close to 45% above the recent low.

It’s now official, 90% of Catalans who participated in Sunday’s referendum voted for independence.

That sounds like a clear victory for Catalonia’s independence movement.

The trouble is that only 42.3% of Catalonia’s participated in the referendum, which Spain’s constitutional court has declared illegal. And scores of people were injured in clashes with police.

Source: Coinranking.com

While it is still unclear which way things will go next, one thing is clear, uncertainty is to spread over Spain, EU, and the global economy.

That’s music in the ears of Bitcoin traders who pushed the digital currency up close to $150 dollars on Sunday evening, as clashes between pro-independence demonstrators and Spanish police broke off.

Bitcoin prices have stayed firmly above $4ooo recently, as traders have realized that the digital currency can survive and thrive without China. And government regulation is positive, not negative, for the future of Bitcoin and other major cryptocurrencies. It adds credibility to the market, while limiting the supply of new coin offerings.

Meanwhile, the digital currency has emerged as the new “gold,” a hedge against growing global uncertainty, as it was discussed in a previous piece here.

http://cfd.net.au/article/catalonia-referendum-pushes-bitcoin-prices-above-4400-mon-10022017-0408.html

I don't know how strongly this news might be linked to bitcoin's value. The rationalization behind it seems to say Catalonia's independence is similar to the UK's brexit. It represents decentralization and the opposite paradigm to the one world government, one world currency, cashless society initiatives which globalists and perhaps central banks favor.

For those in europe who know more about this, what's your take on this?

Is it surprising to anyone how vehemently violent the governing establishment can be with their violent squadrons of "police"?

Centralbank system feeds war and conflict - this is what your fiat currency, US Dollar, Indian Rupee, Chinese Yuan, and Euros do.

Bitcoin became unstoppable since 2013. Bitcoin is growing immensely despite all big banks in every country starting a war 4-years ago on bitcoin in 2013 (all supervisors and tellers have been told to reject transactions relating to bitcoin if they are told about it but the easy way around this for everyone in the world was simply keep quiet and buy/sell transactions but never say "bitcoin".)

Amazing to see global trade growth on localbitcoins as well (scroll down to see all the individual countries:
https://coin.dance/volume/localbitcoins

Lookout for another upcoming strong solution that will make bitcoin's decentralization stronger is cross-chain atomic swaps! Decentralized trade without fiat.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
News that Catalonia has won ‘right to statehood’ sent the price of Bitcoin at $4400 on Sunday evening, close to 45% above the recent low.

It’s now official, 90% of Catalans who participated in Sunday’s referendum voted for independence.

That sounds like a clear victory for Catalonia’s independence movement.

The trouble is that only 42.3% of Catalonia’s participated in the referendum, which Spain’s constitutional court has declared illegal. And scores of people were injured in clashes with police.

Source: Coinranking.com

While it is still unclear which way things will go next, one thing is clear, uncertainty is to spread over Spain, EU, and the global economy.

That’s music in the ears of Bitcoin traders who pushed the digital currency up close to $150 dollars on Sunday evening, as clashes between pro-independence demonstrators and Spanish police broke off.

Bitcoin prices have stayed firmly above $4ooo recently, as traders have realized that the digital currency can survive and thrive without China. And government regulation is positive, not negative, for the future of Bitcoin and other major cryptocurrencies. It adds credibility to the market, while limiting the supply of new coin offerings.

Meanwhile, the digital currency has emerged as the new “gold,” a hedge against growing global uncertainty, as it was discussed in a previous piece here.

http://cfd.net.au/article/catalonia-referendum-pushes-bitcoin-prices-above-4400-mon-10022017-0408.html

I don't know how strongly this news might be linked to bitcoin's value. The rationalization behind it seems to say Catalonia's independence is similar to the UK's brexit. It represents decentralization and the opposite paradigm to the one world government, one world currency, cashless society initiatives which globalists and perhaps central banks favor.

For those in europe who know more about this, what's your take on this?
Pages:
Jump to: