Pages:
Author

Topic: Caution: My Hero account has been potentially compromised - page 3. (Read 2641 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
not only your account was hacked. bitcointalk and my account was hacked too.
and my friends account, etc, etc. i wrote many PM's without answer
Activity: 51
Still no reply.

Maybe post some screenshots too? Private message some moderators?

Not sure what else you can do for now... but I wish you the best!

What screenshots?

I already signed 2 addresses and PM'd Cyrus with one signed address as requested weeks ago, still no reply...
Activity: 233
Merit: 101
Still no reply.

Maybe post some screenshots too? Private message some moderators?

Not sure what else you can do for now... but I wish you the best!
Still no reply.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
I am in the same boat here...my acc "sikkan" got compromised a few days ago. I have PMed mods with apropriate signed message. Hope I will be able to get my acc back soon... :/
Create a thread like this one and post the proofs. One of the DT members will verify the signature and tag the account.
Activity: 239
Merit: 11
I am in the same boat here...my acc "sikkan" got compromised a few days ago. I have PMed mods with apropriate signed message. Hope I will be able to get my acc back soon... :/
I have posted several addresses across the years that I've been posting here. I can sign a message with any of them, including locked threads. manselr is obviously me but I haven't had any reply back from Cyrus yet. It's been 10 days.
I don't think we are going to get our accounts back any time soon. If accounts can be restored the same day they are reported stolen, why not ours which we have proved enough? This is not fair from Cyrus.
It has been a week now. I saw this account recovery here from 13th of october:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.23024794

Considering mine was hacked in october 9th, im starting to lose hope. I need some sort of input of what's going on.

I just can't believe I was about to become Legendary, and some jackass stole my password and now im stuck. I had PM's to answer and I had to talk to some people and every appointment I had is now on hold.

Did you sign a Beast Mark on your forehead, I mean sign a BTC message with your stacked address?

If so, by right it should be fast, as I see some fake account is getting.

I am not as lucky as you. I didn't stack any BTC address here, so my hacked account is 100% not recoverable.

In fact, I wrote in my post that the email address used in my hacked account, before the hack, is the same email address used in this account, but I deleted that post just in case the hacker sees my post again.

Technically, if I am the imposter, I would never be able to register an account with the "victim's" email address.
Even if I know the "victim's" email address, I can't be sure if he changed his email on October 11th in the security log.

For the admin to ignore this simple technical evidence is suspicious.

I have posted several addresses across the years that I've been posting here. I can sign a message with any of them, including locked threads. manselr is obviously me but I haven't had any reply back from Cyrus yet. It's been 10 days.
Activity: 420
Merit: 13

Considering mine was hacked in october 9th, im starting to lose hope. I need some sort of input of what's going on.

I just can't believe I was about to become Legendary, and some jackass stole my password and now im stuck. I had PM's to answer and I had to talk to some people and every appointment I had is now on hold.

Did you sign a Beast Mark on your forehead, I mean sign a BTC message with your stacked address?

If so, by right it should be fast, as I see some fake account is getting.

I am not as lucky as you. I didn't stack any BTC address here, so my hacked account is 100% not recoverable.

In fact, I wrote in my post that the email address used in my hacked account, before the hack, is the same email address used in this account, but I deleted that post just in case the hacker sees my post again.

Technically, if I am the imposter, I would never be able to register an account with the "victim's" email address.
Even if I know the "victim's" email address, I can't be sure if he changed his email on October 11th in the security log.

For the admin to ignore this simple technical evidence is suspicious.

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
Ok I will wait.

Btw I just learned that signing such a generic message may be a mistake because someone else could use it to impersonate me...:

Impersonate or not, as long as you only have your private keys for yourself, no one can create/sign a message using your address no matter how generic your messages can be. But to play it safe, add what's the purpose of the message, the date you created and signed the message and you're golden.
I was told to send weekly reminders to the admin to recover the account but not spam them with the requests.  I suspect that the admins get loads of PMs and they might miss out on a few messages. What is worrying at least for me is that, I'm unable to use my account when I needed it the most. One thing that is at least a bit satisfactory is the DT members verifying the BTC address signature and quoting the text along with their approval. This makes it a lot easier for the admins to restore the accounts.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

Yes, but giving negative feedback doesn't stop the guy from accessing the account and sending PM's, editing posts etc. It seems nuts to me that admins don't have a way to entirely block access to the account until it's solved

At least it blocks them from earning money with your account. The last thing you'd want is for the account to get sold or for the hacker to profit from a sig campaign.

What's the average to wait for the recovery? i've seen some guys waiting for more than a month, that's just not fair.

I've seen people waiting for over 2 weeks with no response. I don't know what's going on. Is it that hard to hire someone to deal with it. I'm sure some trusted posters would be willing to help out for a few $.

Btw I guess the negative trust can be removed later right?

Yes, you just need to contact the person that gave it to you.
Is any progress being made? im pretty nervous man. Is my account at least locked for now?
Your account has negative feedback and everyone checking it can find this thread.

All you can do is wait. Account recovery is low priority.

Yes, but giving negative feedback doesn't stop the guy from accessing the account and sending PM's, editing posts etc. It seems nuts to me that admins don't have a way to entirely block access to the account until it's solved.

What's the average to wait for the recovery? i've seen some guys waiting for more than a month, that's just not fair.

Btw I guess the negative trust can be removed later right?

Is any progress being made? im pretty nervous man. Is my account at least locked for now?
Account recovery is among the lowest of priorities for the admins. My account was also hacked and I had sent PMs to Cyrus few days ago. All we can do is wait, maybe send a weekly PM to admins to have a look again. Your account manselr now has negative trust. So probably members will be careful when dealing with that account for now. In the mean time, keep following your account activity. If the hacker posts anywhere, immediately post in that thread that its your account and that it has been hacked and add the link to this thread. This way, you'll be safe.

But it says send PM ONCE, so I don't want to send another PM to try to remind them in case the admins are grumpy about it.

I understand it's low priority but people that have been here for years like us Hero+ members should have an higher priority.
Account recovery is among the lowest of priorities for the admins. My account was also hacked and I had sent PMs to Cyrus few days ago. All we can do is wait, maybe send a weekly PM to admins to have a look again. Your account manselr now has negative trust. So probably members will be careful when dealing with that account for now. In the mean time, keep following your account activity. If the hacker posts anywhere, immediately post in that thread that its your account and that it has been hacked and add the link to this thread. This way, you'll be safe.
copper member
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874
Goodbye, Z.
Your account has negative feedback and everyone checking it can find this thread.

All you can do is wait. Account recovery is low priority.
I just want to know: Am I supposed to get a PM reply back or I will get an email at a random time?
Ok I will wait.

Btw I just learned that signing such a generic message may be a mistake because someone else could use it to impersonate me...:

Another suggestion, I might be wrong though.

If you just put Bitcoin address or PGP key, it is easy to impose another person. A signed message is better.

False.

In reality is it the other way around.

The Bitcoin address or public PGP key cannot be use to impose another person.
Most user have this information public available in their signature, contact information, keybase.io etc.
But you need it to published somewhere in bitcoin talk in order to be able to retrieve your account if it gets stolen.

Publishing a generic signed message is not cleaver, it can be used by an imposter.
If you sign something, the message must include the purpose of the signed message and include the time/date.

This is an example of a not so cleaver signed message:
Signature:

This is much better:
Message: "Date: 2015.03.19. The purpose of this message is to prove that TookDk from Bitcointalk is in control of bitcoin address 1TookDkVTaqsCn56Xo7aMfUMAUN3NhRjN at this point in time"
Signature:

Makes sense. So should I sign the same address again with a better message?

Always add the current date and even time if you wish, but I would follow the above link to the letter. You could sign another here and send Cyrus the link.

Ok edited the post above with a better message:

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hi, im manselr from bitcointalk. The date is October 10, 2017, 01:51:33 AM, the address is 14jiszwz2pLZR43LXQpFheJs8zbpX1qCYg. Please help.
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
14jiszwz2pLZR43LXQpFheJs8zbpX1qCYg
IDBZuHGo0qvmTRM/is6MjiToDzM7xngU2OcXsJd/8kmfHeX0ONsnSBEHxVE2OB5Ktk1vvVuabdC4eO1LqBueBeA=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

This should do.

The PM that I sent to Cyrus with the email included also the date so I will just wait, hopefully he sees this thread too for further proof.
Activity: 476
Merit: 107
You have to be patient waiting for their reply regarding your problem case because you are not the only one who sent pm and send inquiries to them. For sure as soon as they find out that you are the real owner you will have your account back. My friend also have same issue and it was resolve after 1 week of sending pm to the mods. Just follow this steps https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/recovering-hacked-accounts-or-accounts-with-lost-passwords-497545
Pages:
Jump to: