Pages:
Author

Topic: Central Bank of Monero - page 3. (Read 2983 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
September 23, 2014, 06:28:33 PM
Dont trust exchanges always keep your coins in wallet!

How the fuck should i trade them if the price of the coin goes down like a stone then ? This looks like Vericoin all over again.

Shut up you hypocritical owner of the scamcoin Stealthcoin, you peace of donkey shit...

Vericoin went down because it was  Piece of Stake coin(POS), and after the attacker hacked Mintpal, they got over 30% of all vericoins, which meant they could of down the Nothing-At-Stake attack on Vericoin or 51% it.

Monero is a PoW coin, so its impossible for to happen even if such a hacking occured.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
September 23, 2014, 06:28:12 PM
The core Monero group has requested all exchanges halt deposits and withdrawals for 24 hours due to the threat of BCX. Luckily my deposit to mintpal is now stuck at 18/20 confirms. I suspect there are many others in similar situations who don't follow the monero thread closely.

All of you monero shills and supporters should be seriously concerned that a few people have the ability to deny you access to your funds due to a threat.

They didn't even have the foresight t transfer to give more than a few minutes notice.

It is very good advice. Anyone who believes that Monero is going to die because of a TW attack and consequently is planning to sell would be crazy to wait until the attack starts and only then transfer XMR to an exchange. Then either the attack has failed, in which case what is the point of selling, or the attack at least partially works and the coins are lost in the transfer.

The possibility of this attack has been known in advance for 3 days giving plenty of time to transfer coins.
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
September 23, 2014, 06:26:21 PM
OP is such a an idiot.

The exchanges are closing off trading to stop a possible hacking/exploit. That's not centralization, that's called, "Exchanges preventing a possible exploit/hack in which They would lose a lot of money/go bankrupt if it happened"

Couldn't agree more with you.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange
September 23, 2014, 06:22:30 PM
Dont trust exchanges always keep your coins in wallet!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
September 23, 2014, 06:22:09 PM
OP is such a an idiot.

The exchanges are closing off trading to stop a possible hacking/exploit. That's not centralization, that's called, "Exchanges preventing a possible exploit/hack in which They would lose a lot of money/go bankrupt if it happened"

@Stealthcoin, he's a douchebag troll that is the developer of that shitcoin, Stealthcoin.
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
September 23, 2014, 06:17:50 PM
All of you monero shills and supporters should be seriously concerned that a few people have the ability to deny you access to your funds due to a threat.

They didn't even have the foresight to give more than a few minutes notice.

They're taking rational measures to stop people from possibly losing money. That's a good thing.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
September 23, 2014, 06:14:54 PM
Looks like a decentral currency, oh i mean a centralized coin without a development team. Oh i mean a team that works for free to fix a exploit. A real submitted team.

are you the core developer of stealthcoin?
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
September 23, 2014, 05:38:59 PM
The core Monero group has requested all exchanges halt deposits and withdrawals for 24 hours due to the threat of BCX. Luckily my deposit to mintpal is now stuck at 18/20 confirms. I suspect there are many others in similar situations who don't follow the monero thread closely.

They didn't even have the foresight to give more than a few minutes notice.
Pages:
Jump to: