Pages:
Author

Topic: Centralized and Decentralized Exchanges - page 2. (Read 663 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 3
February 16, 2019, 03:53:25 PM
Centralized exchanges are much better compared to me. Look, if exchange got hacked, they would compensate you. also there is a probability when CEX can send you extra amount by fault , in dex it is impossible
If you are referring to exchanges getting hacked. Centralized exchanges are more prone to hack, while decentralized exchanges are very hard to hack. So I am not afraid of a genuine decentralized exchange getting hacked.
Activity: 31
Merit: 1
February 16, 2019, 02:48:34 PM
+1 for Block DX, built on Blocknet

- decentralized fund storage (trade out of your own wallets)
- decentralized order book
- decentralized order matching
- decentralized asset exchange (atomic swaps)
- 100% of fees are distributed to holders of BLOCK

Unlike other so-called DEXs, the Blocknet Protocol exchanges the actual assets rather than derivatives (colored coins or proxy coins). You can also exchange over 100 coins such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dash, Dogecoin, Qtum, DigiByte, PIVX, Zcoin, MonaCoin, Syscoin, Namecoin, Stakenet, LRBY Credits, Phore, etc.

You can see more here: https://blocknet.co/coins/

86B
Activity: 45
Merit: 1
February 16, 2019, 02:32:17 PM
How's this for a true DX UI/UX (Blocknet's Block DX):

Activity: 686
Merit: 257
February 16, 2019, 02:08:51 PM
Between centralised and decentralised exchanges, I feel that the trading fees is lower and the volumes are higher in centralised exchanges. I guess this is why more people are trading there.
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
February 16, 2019, 01:28:34 PM
Decentralized exchanges are poised to be a big evolution, but at the moment they are lagging behind in terms of UX.
Activity: 258
Merit: 10
February 16, 2019, 01:27:02 PM
CENTRALIZED EXCHANGE: A Centralized exchange is an exchange which operates in a centralized way, that is, having a central authority.Users of centralized exchange do not have access to the private keys of their exchange account’s wallets, this makes users not to have total control over their asset.Transaction is based on central authority approval.

DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE:Decentralized exchange is an exchange which operates in a decentralized way,that is,without a central authority. Decentralized exchange make use of distributed ledger and therefore does not hold customers’ funds and  information

ADVANTAGES  AND  DISADVANTAGES

CENTRALIZED EXCHANGE
    High trade volume
    Higher liquidity
   Some centralized exchange allow users to exchange fiat for Cryptocurrency
   Accept direct bank wire transfer, Credit, Debit for fiat payment
   Risk of hacking is very higher
   No privacy at all, high level of identity theft
   Open to government intervention which can lead to a ban.
   It has gain so much popularity because it is user friendly
   Ownership details are made known.
   Many centralized exchanges offer large functionality like margin trading, discount for high volume trading, lending, large amount of financial data.
     DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE
   Low trade volume compare to centralized exchanges
   Low liquidity
   Dex allows exchange of Cryptocurrency only
   Payments in Cryptocurrency only
   Almost impossible to hack
   High level of privacy
   No government intervention
   Just trying to gain popularity due to lack of simple user interface
   Ownership details are not made known
   Offers are limited compare to centralized exchanges.

LIST OF SOME DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGES
•   IDEX (https://idex.market)
•   RADAR RELAY DEX (https://radarrelay.com)
•   ETHERDELTA (https://etherdelta.com)
•   WAVES DECENTRALIZED EXCHA (https://wavesplatform.com/product/dex)
•   OPENLEDGER DEX (https://openledger.io/market)
•   AIRSWAP ((https://www.airswap.io)
•   CRYPTOBRIDGE DEX (https://crypto-bridge.org)
•   GDEX (http://www.allcmc.com/exchange/gdex)

In today's conditions, DEXs are not used much. Can be used in great trouble. If DEXs increase their transaction volumes, they always have potential. However, a number of DEX platforms are not sure that the platforms are really decentralized.
Activity: 602
Merit: 251
February 16, 2019, 01:19:14 PM
At the moment, centralised exchanges have a big advantage. All tokens can be tradable on centralised exchanges and unfortunately we do not have this opportunity on DEXs. But I think that decentralised exchanges are more secured and as soon as they will make much more listings, things would change.
Activity: 644
February 16, 2019, 01:14:04 PM
You have summarized important facts clearly.I think still centralized exchanges are better than decentralized ones. Decentralized exchanges are still developing to give user friendly experience. Mostly people have faith on centralized ones.
Activity: 149
Merit: 2
February 16, 2019, 12:46:00 PM
It is good to have a post on advantages and disadvantages of centralized and decentralized exchanges, I guess it will help some to know more about both exchanges.
Activity: 490
February 10, 2019, 08:50:49 AM
Centralized exchanges are much better compared to me. Look, if exchange got hacked, they would compensate you. also there is a probability when CEX can send you extra amount by fault , in dex it is impossible
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
February 10, 2019, 08:41:45 AM
This is not a secret that a huge number of exchanges today are controlled by bots, which today communicate with each other. I can even assume that many projects have one owner or these guys communicate very closely.
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
Small Trader
February 10, 2019, 08:36:22 AM
Both are very helpful to traders. Centralized Exchange and Decentralized both have advantages and disadvantages. But in people more familiar with Centralized exchange than DEX. It is clear that new people who enter the world of crypto will certainly prefer centralized exchange, because it supports connections for deposits through banks. Whereas DEX, only known by certain people who usually have long been trading.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 504
February 10, 2019, 04:23:01 AM
I won't like decentralized exchanges because many of the exchanges shows fake trading volume  and some centralized exchange also same problem happen .
It means we must be careful when pick an exchange to use. Because if we want or not, we will need them and we can't resist it. But if you need exchanger with less fake trading volume, try big exchanger that already lasted for long time.
copper member
Activity: 350
Merit: 0
February 10, 2019, 04:07:17 AM
I won't like decentralized exchanges because many of the exchanges shows fake trading volume  and some centralized exchange also same problem happen .
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
February 09, 2019, 12:03:17 PM
The difference is actually very big, because today there are so many opportunities for that. In order to have real control capabilities of centralized exchanges it is necessary to have very serious access to these opportunities. Now it turns out that all this is nothing more than just a proprietary code.
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
February 09, 2019, 11:49:14 AM
We need both - Centralised and Decentralised exchanges because almost all DEX are ETH or WAVES based.
You can't trade coins like DOGE or DASH for example on DEX. And  if you exclude IDEX, the volume is critically low on almost all other DEX. Still, DEX are good for new listing and tokens without paying 2-20BTC in listing fees and are giving us some kind of freedom. 

Right. We need both. Though Centralized exchanges have a higher chance to get hacked, but If you withdraw daily or weekly then we are safe enough. Personally, I like DEX for many reasons, but I always use Binance, Kucoin, Bibox too. Because we need both types of exchange to trade cryptocurrency, as you mentioned we can't trade coins in most of the DEX exchanges.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 253
Margin Trader
February 09, 2019, 09:19:24 AM
You have nice guide here. Yeah, centralized and decentralized exchanges are completely different and it is up to you what do you prefer more. As for me I prefer something like both. On the one hand Idex is a good exchange and on the other hand there is better solutuion, Binance is going to lunch DEX
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
February 09, 2019, 08:53:52 AM
I don't like decentralized exchanges because of their high fees and compulsory ETH balance before you can trade. They are usually too complex to handle. The only decentralised exchange I can manage to use is Idex. To me, the rest are just rubbish.

That's true I have to google and ask my friends how to trade here I'm very much used to trading on popular Centralized Exchange that Decentralized exchange made me realized I have to dig deep on what erc20 really is and how they really function, I guess I am more into CEX than DEX.
Activity: 238
Merit: 2
February 09, 2019, 08:49:39 AM
I don't like decentralized exchanges because of their high fees and compulsory ETH balance before you can trade. They are usually too complex to handle. The only decentralised exchange I can manage to use is Idex. To me, the rest are just rubbish.
copper member
Activity: 479
Merit: 11
February 09, 2019, 08:44:13 AM
Nice comparison I think this is a fair comparison I think OP has experienced trading on both exchanges to come with a good comparison I have good experience trading on DEX and they are good the fee is lower and there is no third party you will get your withdrawal fast and easy when it comes to erc20 tokens DEX is a good place.
And what will you do when all these ERC-20 tokens disappear and no one will needs them - then the decentralized exchanges will also die?

I agree that erc20 tokens come and good maybe what he means is as long as these erc20 exist it is good that it be traded on DEX exchange will they have value, but these DEX's hardly had manipulation or pump and dump compare to some CEX that uses bot to inflate the volume.
Pages:
Jump to: