Pages:
Author

Topic: Centralized Exchange And Decentralized Exchange - page 3. (Read 364 times)

Activity: 2870
Merit: 612

While there are more pros to DEX, there are fewer people using DEX.

We can compare all these to the list of dex and exchanges with just its volume.
CEX https://coinmarketcap.com/rankings/exchanges/ 
DEX https://coinmarketcap.com/rankings/exchanges/dex/

It may not just be transparency or security that are the most important for developers and investors to consider in trading and investing but the popularity of the project that will result in a high value. Many of the developers will prefer thier tokens to be listed on CEX like Binance which traders/investors are also going.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 252
The type of exchange you feel more comfortable with. Both have advantages and disavantages

Centralized exchange
Pros
1. High liquidity
2. Low trading fees

Cons
1. Can block user funds and demand for KYC
2. Some have very high listing fees
3. High withdrawal fees for some asses
4. Users could easily lose money if the exchange shuts down

Decentralized changes
Pros
1. Users have control of their funds
2. No KYC
3. No exaggerated withdrawal fees
4. No listing fees

Cons
1. Low liquidity and trading volumes
2. High trading fees due to high chain gas fees

Add a little opinion, DEX is more transparent than CEX. because sometimes in a centralized exchange there is a lot of fake trading volume, especially in some unpopular exchanges. It is different from DEX, whose trading volume can be monitored for authenticity.
Activity: 785
Merit: 105
Good evening Ladies and Gentle,
As an emerging cryptocurrency, which platform is the best to list on for the benefit of both developers and investors?
A good product from a developer will always attract potential investors, and it must be really useful and not through hype. And different exchanges should also be considered as a tool to see if users can easily access them, if only looking at the quality of ex to find opportunities, I find it very hype.
I see nowadays most projects are easily accessible to different exchanges, so if there is no good product, listing and pumping is only a short-term trend.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 515
I think it's all about KYC and liquidity. Obviously, CEX will ask for you to do a KYC, but they have liquidity.

On the other hand, DEX, no documents to produce, pure P2P, and you have control of your coins as you have the PK.

So it's really just a matter of which one you prefer, and it's really very difficult to pick I would say. Others wanted to protect their privacy, but it's very very hard to trade on DEX.
Activity: 672
Merit: 273
For the benefit of developers?
Can you develop a centralised exchange on an open source code? I am not a pro, asking to know.

Generally, I am always comfortable with a project when I know that it isn't controlled by an individual or a group of people. I feel safer when it's decentralized.
We are thinking in the same direction, I believe most investors will prefer a decentralized platform since it shows some level of trust and also points to the fact that nobody will be.in control of your investment and they're not held by third parties, both centralized and decentralized exchanges offer similar services but then the decentralized exchange will still witness higher patronage
copper member
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1777
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
The type of exchange you feel more comfortable with. Both have advantages and disavantages

Centralized exchange
Pros
1. High liquidity
2. Low trading fees

Cons
1. Can block user funds and demand for KYC
2. Some have very high listing fees
3. High withdrawal fees for some asses
4. Users could easily lose money if the exchange shuts down

Decentralized changes
Pros
1. Users have control of their funds
2. No KYC
3. No exaggerated withdrawal fees
4. No listing fees

Cons
1. Low liquidity and trading volumes
2. High trading fees due to high chain gas fees
Activity: 1512
Merit: 412
As an emerging cryptocurrency,
I thought you're also a dev that recently launched a token but the doesn't seem to be the case.

which platform is the best to list on for the benefit of both developers and investors?
You can list tokens on different "decentralized" exchanges without paying for listing fee unlike on many centralized exchanges. The problem is the trading fees as jackg mentioned but it shouldn't be a big problem on networks like BNB Chain and other Ethereum alternatives.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
Dexes are generally preferred for information about a project because they're more transparent and trackable (there have been allegations some centralised exchanges manipulate information on the volumes of coins traded).

Dexes have higher trading fees thougb when compared with cexes so it's best to list on as many places as possible (especially if it's developed to be used on ethereum).
Activity: 896
Merit: 584
BTC, a coin of today and tomorrow.
For the benefit of developers?
Can you develop a centralised exchange on an open source code? I am not a pro, asking to know.

Generally, I am always comfortable with a project when I know that it isn't controlled by an individual or a group of people. I feel safer when it's decentralized.
Activity: 64
Merit: 0
Good evening Ladies and Gentle,
As an emerging cryptocurrency, which platform is the best to list on for the benefit of both developers and investors?
Pages:
Jump to: