Pages:
Author

Topic: CEX.IO - page 2. (Read 1519 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 510
April 12, 2014, 02:05:07 AM
Hi! I've registered at CEX.IO some time ago and I have about 0.3GHS and it's mining very slow. So how can I get some bitcoins to buy some more GHS? Any suggestions? Also donations are very appreciated. Thank you.

Do some math.  The scale is linear ... how long is it going to take to get your BTC back?   Ever?   The tiny amount of bitcoin you are getting will be less all the time ... as the pool size grows your reward goes down.   

If you really want to get BTC from mining, mine scrypt.   I recommend scrypt.cc.   The growth of the network and pool are much more spread out and you can really actually make some Bitcoin.   When I left CEX.io I was down by .5 BTC.   Now I'm ahead about 3.2 BTC in a couple of months.   

At CEX.io, you have to trade to make money and now you'll have to pay to trade.   It isn't worth it, go west to scrypt mining.    At least do yourself a favor and look at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scryptcc-scrypt-cloud-mining-444495.   Any you don't have to use a referral link to join unless you want to.   Anyway there are many people starting out there with tiny amounts.   

I put my 13 year old son there (with a little help) and he making something like .0008 BTC/day now.   He got a big boost from selling some faircoin. 
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
April 12, 2014, 01:52:43 AM
Ya... that op is way too intense for my brain right now  Roll Eyes

Edit:

Went through it the best I could.  You can't say this isn't a rip off cause its mining an altcoin which are attached to btc and all that does is add a second level of volatility to the cloudmining game making it even more of a gamble then every other cloudmining service.  I like mining alts but only to an extent of having some lying around in case a coin explodes... I look at them as lotto tickets.

I will give them this... Awesome idea and well executed.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
April 12, 2014, 01:45:24 AM
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
April 12, 2014, 01:35:05 AM
Hi! I've registered at CEX.IO some time ago and I have about 0.3GHS and it's mining very slow. So how can I get some bitcoins to buy some more GHS? Any suggestions? Also donations are very appreciated. Thank you.

Also, I suggest you don't mine on cex.io, since it is highly unprofitable and nearly impossible to break even.

Do you have a cloud mining site you would recommend that one could actually make a profit from?
Cex is prob the best out there and it's not gonna be profitable... I mine for the love of mining not for profit.  If you want to mine get some hardware and mine the cloud services are all ripoffs.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
April 12, 2014, 01:10:02 AM

Also, I suggest you don't mine on cex.io, since it is highly unprofitable and nearly impossible to break even.

Do you have a cloud mining site you would recommend that one could actually make a profit from?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
April 12, 2014, 12:44:16 AM
Any suggestions? Also donations are very appreciated. Thank you.

Mine scrypt coins.
Activity: 742
Merit: 502
Circa 2010
April 12, 2014, 12:42:34 AM

This. Just buy and 'hodl'. Trust me it'll work out better for you in the end - unless you're willing to sit at your computer all day and daytrade for a few cents you're going to lose money. Just get a job and invest some of your earnings into BTC.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
April 11, 2014, 09:06:09 PM

legendary
Activity: 924
April 11, 2014, 06:17:53 PM
Buy it with cash at localbitcoins.com, a site like coinbase, or buy a physical miner and mine bitcoins. TO get bitcoins you need cash.
Activity: 782
April 11, 2014, 05:29:20 PM
Pages:
Jump to: