Pages:
Author

Topic: CEX.io Halts Cloud Mining Service Due to Low Bitcoin Price - page 2. (Read 2695 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
free power? can you please give an example of free power. do not tell me about solar power because it is not free.
you need an expensive investment for that and it's not working if you live in Sweden or even in Eastern Europe where 6 months is winter.

My rent is all inclusive.  I pay x amount per month regardless of the amount of power I use.

I have free power.  I've identified 4x 15 amp breakers that I don't use so theoretically I can run 6000 watts at my place with only the upfront cost of the equipment.
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
Pizza Hut Halts Services Due to Poor Sales and Customer's Seeking Out Cheaper Pizzas (prepaid coupons now null and void)

US Hookers Halts Services Due to the Decline of the Ruble (prepaid coupons now null and void)

Buggy Whip Inc. Halts Final Line Due to Advent of Automobile: Sex Whips Lines Not Affected (prepaid coupons now null and void)

Tokyo McDonald's Halts Frappuccino® Sales Due to Lost of Its Whale Customer Base (Can't Even Give Them Away Thanks to Stigma Attached to Them) (prepaid coupons now null and void)
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
free power? can you please give an example of free power. do not tell me about solar power because it is not free.
you need an expensive investment for that and it's not working if you live in Sweden or even in Eastern Europe where 6 months is winter.
Activity: 56
Approach bitcoin in any centralized way of doing business is very dangerous, soon many large firms will go broke and mining back to the hands of home miners. Home miners are not fiat profit oriented, while large organizations are not

what you said makes no sense.   professional miners have lower costs than home miners because they use scale and location to their advantage.  if the professionals get priced out because of the low btc price, there is no way that home miners can take up the slack as their costs are significantly higher, and it'd be very unprofitable.   home miners aren't a 'charity'.  they mine for the reward, not just to power the network.  if it was significantly unprofitable, home miners can't afford to do it.   (and if they want bitcoins, they would just BUY them, for less cost than mining them).

Lots of home miners have free power and are only running under 1TH as a hobby.  There'd still be plenty of power securing the network if the big farms shut down.  

Personally I'm hoping for a price of 1-150$.  This would see the farms disappear very fast
Activity: 373
Merit: 250
Approach bitcoin in any centralized way of doing business is very dangerous, soon many large firms will go broke and mining back to the hands of home miners. Home miners are not fiat profit oriented, while large organizations are not

what you said makes no sense.   professional miners have lower costs than home miners because they use scale and location to their advantage.  if the professionals get priced out because of the low btc price, there is no way that home miners can take up the slack as their costs are significantly higher, and it'd be very unprofitable.   home miners aren't a 'charity'.  they mine for the reward, not just to power the network.  if it was significantly unprofitable, home miners can't afford to do it.   (and if they want bitcoins, they would just BUY them, for less cost than mining them).

Luckily a lot of home miners do it on a small scale but enough to make an impact especially with the turn off of some. I know for awhile I had no electric cost because of a fixed rent and could get away with using inefficient machines. That could still be the case for a lot. Solar / wind powered should also not feel the effects nearly as much if at all. What's it matter if the price goes to $200 when you have 2kw solar dedicated to it (already paid off).
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
only few home miners afford hardwares of over 30K.

otherwise, you cannot be on profit. also, you cannot be on profit if you sell the Bitcoin for 200 USD...

http://blockchained.com/profit/index.php

Looks like the price drop would demotivate a majority of  people from mining as it won't be profitable at all.
legendary
only few home miners afford hardwares of over 30K.

otherwise, you cannot be on profit. also, you cannot be on profit if you sell the Bitcoin for 200 USD...

http://blockchained.com/profit/index.php
Activity: 702
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
Cloud mining....your bitcoins are in the cloud.

Just don't ask for them.

They're on the line.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
Activity: 378
Is it to early to ask if you got cexed?
How much is the GH they sold worth now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2ku1A5Ox8U
it fell from 0.0015 to 0.0005 im really happy now that i sold it a few weeks ago when they had problems and now im safe
Activity: 8
Will be interested to check decrease of total Hash in the network. It`s must be visible.

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
What I don't understand... Why isn't everybody moving to P2P mining? No trust issues, better for Bitcoin, less dependency on 3rd parties. Win-win?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!
How about they have ghs in cex.io Huh
Must sell all Huh
One by one cm service down Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049
Other miners like cloudhashing.com announced that they will stop minering if the price will fall under 200 usd.

they can't cover their costs with this price.

Cloud Mining services with consistent payment history are now very few. The options are narrowing down.
legendary
Other miners like cloudhashing.com announced that they will stop minering if the price will fall under 200 usd.

they can't cover their costs with this price.
Activity: 289
total Hash Rate:    292,177,963 GH/s

and dropping!!!

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002
Is it to early to ask if you got cexed?
How much is the GH they sold worth now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2ku1A5Ox8U
Activity: 448
If bitcoin price keep falling down
Another cloud mining will halts their services too

I wonder if bitcoin difficult will down this week ?

Possible but not likely.  The chinese have tens of millions into dedicated supercomputing farms that I doubt they'll stop their operations just because of dropped price.  Then again, I could be wrong.

There're a lot of ant miner shipping tomorrow, so the difficulty still might grow.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Not a surprising news at all. You should see this coming a week ago, when bitcoin price was going down and mining difficulty was expected to go up 10%.
Pages:
Jump to: