Pages:
Author

Topic: @CfB Please tell us the reason why you need to use a "root" port for IOTA - page 2. (Read 2637 times)

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
Haha, you ran out of alcohol Ian and decided to copypaste a vacuous attempt by someone else from a couple days back?

I'm now sober?

Strange how you keep changing between saying that I am drunk or not.

(you should probably try and be more consistent)
legendary
I guess rooting helps to test better, with no privileges faults etc. Also more quick. Anyways, for Reference Implementation, I can't see why not. I bet it can/will change in the future, so no harm to think out of the box (yes even out of these IT/networking manuals) for specific purposes.

Sorry - that is just rubbish.

You do not create seriously *dangerous software* (and that is why Linux prevents non-root users from running daemons with ports less than 1025) for any purpose other than a bad one.

So either @CfB is incompetent (should have used a port >= 1025 or at least put that in a config file) or he is malicious (trying to control peoples computers as "root").

Take your pick. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
I guess rooting helps to test better, with no privileges faults etc. Also more quick. Anyways, for Reference Implementation, I can't see why not. I bet it can/will change in the future, so no harm to think out of the box (yes even out of these IT/networking manuals) for specific purposes.
legendary
Haha, you ran out of alcohol Ian and decided to copypaste a vacuous attempt by someone else from a couple days back?

And to think I ever believed that despite your flaws and trolling that you had some sort of technical ability. You should go back to doing music Ian

Good - I've got you here as well - it is nice to see all the scammers in the one topic.

(you still can't answer the OP question though can you)

Cheesy
Activity: 714
Merit: 500

And to think I ever believed that despite your flaws and trolling that you had some sort of technical ability. You should go back to doing music Ian
legendary
First thing about the internet is that Linux servers is been manageable via ssh even Red Hat Satellite uses it, but keep enlightening me Mr. Non Idiot qualified software engineer  Smiley

The above sentence doesn't even make sense.

Perhaps you need to learn English or computer science before posting again?
legendary
Activity: 1344
You kinda alluding that you hacked facebook in early days via sshd vulnerability and steal the soruce code  Huh

Further idiotic posts from an obvious shill.

When you don't understand the first thing about the internet why on earth would you invest your money with an unprofessional software developer who claims that "ternary logic" is some sort of "magic mist"?

First thing about the internet is that Linux servers is been manageable via ssh even Red Hat Satellite uses it, but keep enlightening me Mr. Non Idiot qualified software engineer  Smiley
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Well the offer me to buy some software during Crowdsale, I liked the idea DAG and bought some.

What have I done wrong  Huh

Did you verify that Iota adhered to all laws and regulations for selling investment securities in every jurisdiction where they offered the "tokens" for sale to investors?

Specifically did they register these tokens with the SEC in the USA? If not, did they restrict non-qualified USA investors from obtaining the coins?

I hope you aware it is against the policy of crowdfunding sites such as Kickstarter and Indiegogo to offer any shares or redeemable tokens to contributors.

I don't think that you understand how token sales work.
hv_
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055
Clean Code and Scale
You kinda alluding that you hacked facebook in early days via sshd vulnerability and steal the soruce code  Huh

When you don't understand the first thing about the internet why on earth would you invest your money with an unprofessional software developer who claims that "ternary logic" is some sort of "magic mist"?

Hm, same holds for most coins here since no issuer needs to lay out the risks...
legendary

legendary
Where can I view the source code of first version of facebook ? Or you are talking about GUI ?

Seriously - have you heard of files such as /etc/ssh/sshd.config or are you entirely ignorant?

You kinda alluding that you hacked facebook in early days via sshd vulnerability and steal the source code  Huh
legendary
Where can I view the source code of first version of facebook ? Or you are talking about GUI ?

Seriously - have you heard of files such as /etc/ssh/sshd.config or are you entirely ignorant?

(and if you're entirely ignorant then why on earth are you investing your money in something that you don't understand?)

Also Facebook uses HTTP idiot (so your comparison is retarded as it to be expected from a shill who knows nothing).

(and no I don't see any reason to be nice or polite to obvious shills of a scam coin such as yourself)
legendary
I use Facebook (software written by not a qualified software engineer Mark Zuckerberg) - have no problems during last 10 years.

But thank you.

Aha - and what has @CfB written that is equivalent to Facebook?

(don't tell me that IOTA is as even the first version of Facebook was much better written than that crap)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Well the offer me to buy some software during Crowdsale, I liked the idea DAG and bought some.

Did you verify that Iota adhered to all laws and regulations for selling investment securities in every jurisdiction where they offered the "tokens" for sale to investors?

Specifically did they register these tokens with the SEC in the USA? If not, did they restrict non-qualified USA investors from obtaining the coins?

I hope you aware it is against the policy of crowdfunding sites such as Kickstarter and Indiegogo to offer any shares or redeemable tokens to contributors.

Dude, you're never gonna make progress or history if you adhere to all laws and regulations. They are specifically created to maintain status quo, keep you in the dark. It's a start of Knowledge Age by your own prognostications, think how you can change the world, forget regulations Smiley
Activity: 420
Merit: 262

What have I done wrong  Huh

If you want to speculate on software that is created by someone who isn't even a qualified software engineer then that is up to you.

Just don't complain when it all goes sour.

I use Facebook (software written by not a qualified software engineer Mark Zuckerberg) - have no problems during last 10 years.

But thank you.

Nonsense. Facebook has 1000s of employees and many professional software engineers.
legendary

But thank you.

Aha - and what has @CfB written that is equivalent to Facebook?

(don't tell me that IOTA is as even the first version of Facebook was much better written than that crap)
legendary

What have I done wrong  Huh

If you want to speculate on software that is created by someone who isn't even a qualified software engineer then that is up to you.

Just don't complain when it all goes sour.

But thank you.
Activity: 420
Merit: 262

legendary

(just don't complain when it all goes sour as you didn't want to know anything other than the idea you might make some profit)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Thought everyone already wrote off this subject as easily explainable:

Pages:
Jump to: