Pages:
Author

Topic: CGMiner 7950 StartMining.bat - What am I missing? Only getting 300KH/s scrypt - page 2. (Read 14431 times)

erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Thread concurrency 21792 works best for me on my sapphire 7950 with gpu threads at 1. Intensity 18 holds stable.
Depending on your system cgminer may not start at high thread concurrency, there are a lot of variables, what works on one system doesn't on another.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Thread concurrency 21792 works best for me on my sapphire 7950 with gpu threads at 1. Intensity 18 holds stable.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
CGMiner 2.8.2
AMD 12.8
SDK 2.7

Seasonic Gold 80+ 1250W Modular
Corsair 4GB DDR 3 1666MHZ
ASUS M5A97 R2.0
500 GB Laptop Drive (soon to be replaced by a 60GB SSD OCZ)
Sempron 145 O/C'd to 3.6 GHz stable. MOBO has built in auto O/C features.
MICRO USB EDIMAX WIFI N

.bat looks like

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer --scrypt -o http://binarycoins.eu:9333/ -u p -p 1 -I 13 --shaders 1792 -g 1 --gpu-threads 2 --thread-concurrency 7168 --lookup-gap 2 --worksize 256

What am I missing? I can only pull 300KH/s per card. With -I 20 I can pull 670KH/s per card with all HW errors.

I just did a fresh install of windows, turned auto updates off. If that makes any difference. I am having trouble understanding --shaders XXXX and --thread-concurrency XXXX

Cgminer let me set the TC to 25088 before I started giving mem value too high for cgminer. Had to drop it back to 7168. When I changed the value my kh/s went unaffected. Am I missing a command somewhere? Is --aggression the same as intensity? Any other commands I should try? This is mind boggling since I've ran them @600khs each no problem. I was a retard and didn't save my .bat compilation before formatting. Should I try different drivers? Different version of cgminer?

Changed settings again, same results. :/ Why is CGMiner going GIMPY on me?

Suggestions please.

I can't get these cards to act right!  Cry

With my 7950's  I leave thread concurrency up to CGMiner, shaders @ 1792 is good though

delete your CGMiner bin along with " --thread-concurrency 7168" in your Bat.file and start CGMiner again
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
You can tell when people haven't read the cgminer readme.

thread concurrency overrides shaders no point having both in the startup script.

try

Code:
@echo on
ECHO "cgminer miner startup"
ECHO.

cgminer.exe --scrypt    --auto-fan --gpu-powertune 20 -w 256 -g 2 -I 13 --thread-concurrency 8192 --lookup-gap 2 --queue 0

Keep increasing I from 13 until you start getting HW errors. Don't forget to delete .bin files. I get about 615KH/s from a Gigabyte 7950 with those settings.

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
that is if the ram is populated, i think with GPUs the OS usually reserves addressable space.  Also i forgot to ask, are you using a 32bit or 64 bit os? because a 32 bit one limits you at roughly 3.5 gigs, which includes GPUs, and any background programs/os
Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
try playing around with thread concurrency(the shaders parameter isn't necessary) and it's possible 4 gigs of ram may not be enough for 3 cards

I use 2gigs per card.

Works well for me.

Does anyone know the maximum thread concurrency CGMiner will allow? Should I follow the rule of 'Shaders times X = Set Thread Concurrency Value' ?

Also, wouldn't my RAM usage show 100% if CGMiner was using all of it trying to run the 3 cards?
Activity: 476
try playing around with thread concurrency(the shaders parameter isn't necessary) and it's possible 4 gigs of ram may not be enough for 3 cards

I use 2gigs per card.

Works well for me.
Crypto is King.
I thought the amount of ram was 1GB per card with CGMiner? Reaper has a bug that requires equal MB RAM to GPU RAM, correct? Well, I have an extra stick of 4GB I can try when I get home tonight. Although, my RAM monitor only shows 29% used when CGMiner is running....

Do I need to add -aggression XX argument to .bat? Or anything for that matter?
Activity: 266
Crypto is King.
CGMiner 2.8.2
AMD 12.8
SDK 2.7

Seasonic Gold 80+ 1250W Modular
Corsair 4GB DDR 3 1666MHZ
ASUS M5A97 R2.0
500 GB Laptop Drive (soon to be replaced by a 60GB SSD OCZ)
Sempron 145 O/C'd to 3.6 GHz stable. MOBO has built in auto O/C features.
MICRO USB EDIMAX WIFI N

.bat looks like

cgminer --scrypt -o http://binarycoins.eu:9333/ -u p -p 1 -I 13 --shaders 1792 -g 1 --gpu-threads 2 --thread-concurrency 7168 --lookup-gap 2 --worksize 256

What am I missing? I can only pull 300KH/s per card. With -I 20 I can pull 670KH/s per card with all HW errors.

I just did a fresh install of windows, turned auto updates off. If that makes any difference. I am having trouble understanding --shaders XXXX and --thread-concurrency XXXX

Cgminer let me set the TC to 25088 before I started giving mem value too high for cgminer. Had to drop it back to 7168. When I changed the value my kh/s went unaffected. Am I missing a command somewhere? Is --aggression the same as intensity? Any other commands I should try? This is mind boggling since I've ran them @600khs each no problem. I was a retard and didn't save my .bat compilation before formatting. Should I try different drivers? Different version of cgminer?

Changed settings again, same results. :/ Why is CGMiner going GIMPY on me?

Suggestions please.

I can't get these cards to act right!  Cry
Pages:
Jump to: