Pages:
Author

Topic: cgminer extranonce.subscribe extension (binaries available for download) - page 2. (Read 32676 times)

Activity: 544
Merit: 506
My S5 work fine with #xnsub but I cant make my Avalon4 and SP20 to use #xnsub.

Could you provide screen shot of myminer.io to see how you write it. Maybe Im doing something wrong.

Thanks

Valkir

For avalon you have to compile your own cgminer (or use provided if you're using Linux). Devs should add extranonce.subscribe to firmware.

For SP20 - first check which cgminer version do you have - check at SP20 homepage - is it written cgminer4.7.0 or cgminer4.8.0?

what can I do after I check if the SP20 have the cgminer4.7.0 or 4.8.0?

in the pool configuration does the #xnsub parameters goes after or before the stratum+tcp:URL address?

tia
Activity: 507
Merit: 500
Can this work on a C1?
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
anyone having problems with setting up extranonce in their S1 I came across this and it worked did it on 2
 https://hashtalk.org/topic/19264/how-to-enable-extranonce-subscription-antminer-s1/25
legendary
Activity: 885
Merit: 1006
NiceHash.com
4.7.0 how can I upgrade to 4.8.0 ?

If you already have the latest firmware, then the firmware obviously didn't upgrade to 4.8.0. You have to manually upgrade, download this: https://www.nicehash.com/download/Spondoolies-SP2x-SP3x-cgminer-4.8.0.zip and follow instructions inside.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
4.7.0 how can I upgrade to 4.8.0 ?
legendary
NiceHash.com

Could you provide screen shot of myminer.io to see how you write it. Maybe Im doing something wrong.

Thanks

Valkir

For avalon you have to compile your own cgminer (or use provided if you're using Linux). Devs should add extranonce.subscribe to firmware.

For SP20 - first check which cgminer version do you have - check at SP20 homepage - is it written cgminer4.7.0 or cgminer4.8.0?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

Thanks

Valkir
legendary
NiceHash.com
Update: cgminer extranonce.subscribe extension is now included in AntMiner S5 and Spondoolies SP20 and SP3x firmware, so all you have to do is update your firmware and add #xnsub at the tail of stratum connection string. If anybody is interested, our test Avalon4.1 is also running fine on NiceHash.com. Here is compiled binary for Linux 64 bit (includes extranonce.subscribe, compiled from our official cgminer fork) : https://www.nicehash.com/download/cgminer-Avalon4-Linux64.zip

If you are using Ubuntu you can simply connect your Avalon4.1 and run cgminer from the above zip file:

sudo ./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3334 -u yourBitcoinAddress -p x --avalon4-automatic-voltage --avalon4-fan 40

(--avalon4-fan is percentage of fan speed)

If you wan't to build cgminer from source just use the source from our official cgminer fork.

Here is a screenshot of under-clocked ("avalon4-voltage" : "7000", "avalon4-freq" : "320:310:300") Avalon4.1 running on NiceHash.com:

And working AntMiner S3:

And working AntMiner S5:

And working Spondoolies-Tech SP20 (a bit underclocked):

Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Tell me how to make settings for AntimanerS1 stratum extranonce
Thanks!
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
Are we there yet?
Any fix for Antminer S4 yet? The current one you released does not work Sad Can't use the stratum proxy provided on your page does not work too....

I also would like to see a working S4 binary. Also for the noobs is there ANY chance you can compile it in the same format as bitmain so we can easily enter our web console and do upgrade through there?

Keep sending emails to [email protected] with link to the patch. I sent a few and they replied saying they are looking into in and a new firmware for S4 will be release soon... but soon is never soon enough.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
Any fix for Antminer S4 yet? The current one you released does not work Sad Can't use the stratum proxy provided on your page does not work too....

I also would like to see a working S4 binary. Also for the noobs is there ANY chance you can compile it in the same format as bitmain so we can easily enter our web console and do upgrade through there?
Activity: 248
Are we there yet?
Activity: 312
Anything for the C1 ready?
+1

I would also like a binary for the C1.  And we still need one (that works) for the S4.

I have an Arduino kit, which I think can be used to create the binaries.  I just got it and still learning its capabilities.  I used it to create a serial connection to an S3 controller board to fix a failed firmware flash.  Basically, the S3 appeared bricked, but just needed the OS re-imaged, which I did via serial connection.  This is one of the negatives from not using Micro SD to store the OS.  I digress...   Anyway... I will start searching for instructions on how to configure the Arduino to run the Antminer code version so I can create binaries.  If anyone has those instructions, I would appreciate letting me know.

This is the Arduino kit I have.  http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoStarterKit

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Anything for the C1 ready?
I looked again at the instructions you provided.  I see they are from the README.txt file included with Nicehash's Cgminer binary.  I did not catch this the first time, step 5 of the instructions mentions two different copy methods.  The first one with "scp" is to copy from a Linux host to the miner.  The line underneath step 5 mentions WinSCP for Windows.  If you're copying a file from Windows to Linux, use WinSCP, because it is more user friendly.  If you were using Putty's version of SCP for Windows, the executable name is PSCP.exe.  Maybe the "No such file or directory" error is because you were trying "scp" on your Windows host, and scp does not exist.

Just for fun, and for future reference, I tried Putty's SCP program PSCP.exe.  The first time I tried PSCP, I got an error related to not running an SFTP Server instance.  It appears that PSCP first tries SFTP (Secure FTP), which the Antminer's are not running. 
Code:
pscp D:\Downloads\Putty\PSCP_Test_File.zip [email protected]:/root/PSCP_Test_File.zip
[email protected]'s password:
sh: /usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server: not found
Fatal: Received unexpected end-of-file from server

I ran PSCP again and provided the -scp option to force the use of the SCP protocol.
Code:
pscp -scp D:\Downloads\Putty\PSCP_Test_File.zip [email protected]:/home/root/PSCP_Test_File.zip
[email protected]'s password:
PSCP_Test_File.zip        | 2144 kB | 2144.9 kB/s | ETA: 00:00:00 | 100%
My Putty says

[C:UsersazerDownloadsAntMinerS3-cgminercgminer]/cgminer: No such file or directory

Seems putty can't read backslashes

Full command i put is

Code:
scp [C:\Users\azer\Downloads\AntMinerS3-cgminer\cgminer]/cgminer root@[192.168.0.205]:/usr/bin/cgminer

what can be wrong?

in advance ty for support

I haven't used putty's scp in a long time.  How about using WinSCP?  It has a UI, and is free.  winscp.net.

Activity: 17
My Putty says

[C:UsersazerDownloadsAntMinerS3-cgminercgminer]/cgminer: No such file or directory

Seems putty can't read backslashes

Full command i put is

Code:
scp [C:\Users\azer\Downloads\AntMinerS3-cgminer\cgminer]/cgminer root@[192.168.0.205]:/usr/bin/cgminer

what can be wrong?

in advance ty for support
hello,

Code:
scp [C:/Users/my_comp_name/Downloads/AntMinerS3-cgminer/cgminer]/cgminer root@[Ip_to_antminer3]:/usr/bin/cgminer

I see.  The slashes need to be backslashes for Windows.  And now I see you have cgminer in the path twice.  Make sure that is correct.  It depends on how you unzipped the file.  Try "C:\Users\my_comp_name\Downloads\AntMinerS3-cgminer\cgminer" or "C:\Users\my_comp_name\Downloads\AntMinerS3-cgminer\cgminer\cgminer" if cgminer under subdirectory cgminer.

Activity: 17
hello,

I have completely newbee question.

When I try upload cgminer via putty i receive message: No such file or directory

In guide I found
Code:
scp [path where you download and extracted patched cgminer]/cgminer root@[IP of your miner]:/usr/bin/cgminer

I put
Code:
scp [C:/Users/my_comp_name/Downloads/AntMinerS3-cgminer/cgminer]/cgminer root@[Ip_to_antminer3]:/usr/bin/cgminer

In advence ty for any help

eljotik

The error message you report does not accurate match my response, but here is something to try.  With some Linux OS, it will not allow scp to overwrite a file without force options.  I usually move the original cgminer first, then the scp works.  For example, first I run this on the miner "mv /usr/bin/cgminer /usr/bin/cgminer.bak".

Also, after you put the new cgminer in place, you may need to add execute permissions.  I typically run this.  "chmod +x /usr/bin/cgminer".

I have complete guide from nicehash https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=software#cgminer

Drop in replacement for /usr/bin/cgminer

How to use:

1. (this step is optional but recommended) update your AntMiner firmware to the latest one: https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm

2. after firmware update is successful, connect via ssh to your miner (use putty under Windows)

3. enter this command to stop cgminer:

/etc/rc.d/S99cgminer stop

4. backup existing cgminer binary

mv /usr/bin/cgminer /usr/bin/cgminer-original

5. upload patched cgminer binary from your computer

scp [path where you download and extracted patched cgminer]/cgminer root@[IP of your miner]:/usr/bin/cgminer

(or use WinSCP under Windows)

6. make the new uploaded cgminer binary executable:

chmod +x /usr/bin/cgminer

7. start cgminer

/etc/rc.d/S99cgminer start

8. go to the AntMiner's web interface and append #xnsub at nicehash or westhash pool URL, press "Save & Apply"

stratum.nicehash.com:3334#xnsub

9. wait a minute and then go to the nicehash or westhash miner's details web page and make sure you have a green checkmark in "Extranonce subscription" column

https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=miners&a=1&addr=your-Bitcoin-address

and did it 1 step before (i have  moved/beckup orginal cgminer)

I guess i put wrong patch to file on my computer!?Huh

this is correct one?

Code:
hello,

I have completely newbee question.

When I try upload cgminer via putty i receive message: No such file or directory

In guide I found
Code:

I put
Code:

In advence ty for any help

eljotik

The error message you report does not accurate match my response, but here is something to try.  With some Linux OS, it will not allow scp to overwrite a file without force options.  I usually move the original cgminer first, then the scp works.  For example, first I run this on the miner "mv /usr/bin/cgminer /usr/bin/cgminer.bak".

Also, after you put the new cgminer in place, you may need to add execute permissions.  I typically run this.  "chmod +x /usr/bin/cgminer".

Pages:
Jump to: