Pages:
Author

Topic: *CHAIN THREAD* - F**k I wish I didn't spend BTC on........ - page 2. (Read 842 times)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
I wish I didn't spend 2 BTC on a traffic exchange in the hopes of transferring the money to fiat faster then virwox would of.
Lost 2 BTC because the traffic exchange wouldn't let me cash out LOL...

That would be 8-10 grand today, but this was back when BTC was only 500$, so it wasn't that bad.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
I wish I didn't spend BTC on a doubler that a friend recommend to me when I was just starting my bitcoin journey. He referred me and said that he was being paid. And me trusting my friend, invested .5BTC back then when it was around $1000. Initially it was paying and what I do is deposit more but they ran off and scam a lot more investors. If I didn't put that money and just hold on it, I will be getting good profits by now. Well, too bad I have to learn my lesson in a very hard way. We are still friends though, after what happened to me.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
Fuck!  I wish I didn't spend BTC on: purchasing a good number on steam games. This was around a year ago, so yea, the price of bitcoin was significantly lower back then. Though I don't completely regret it, since I don't think bitcoin would actually grow if people would only hold it, and not spend it online, which is what it's made for in the first place. It seems like people nowadays only see bitcoin as an investment and not a cash/payment system.  Roll Eyes

Oh no!  There is a bright side to all this though.  If we HAD NOT bought these things with BTC, we would have not been helping BTC become more mainstream.  The fact that we all bought goods or services with it helped it become a more accepted currency and bring it to where we are at today.

Definitely. So it was only regret on a minimal extent. I regret it more for the fact that I bought some games that I haven't even played right now LOL. And yea, if Steam users didn't actually use the bitcoin payment option since they implemented that option, Steam would have probably the bitcoin payment option already. Well done to me I guess?
Activity: 336
Merit: 112
Fuck!  I wish I didn't spend BTC on: purchasing a good number on steam games. This was around a year ago, so yea, the price of bitcoin was significantly lower back then. Though I don't completely regret it, since I don't think bitcoin would actually grow if people would only hold it, and not spend it online, which is what it's made for in the first place. It seems like people nowadays only see bitcoin as an investment and not a cash/payment system.  Roll Eyes

Exactly, if all bitcoin users have the same mentality of holding bitcoin and do not spend as much as possible, then bitcoin would not experience this much rise in value as we are now. These "mistakes" are part of the growth of bitcoin.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 659
I know what you feel man. Regrets would really be on the end but still we should moved on because no one did really able to expect on what bitcoin has reached now regarding on its value. Even as of now i did really waste up my bitcoin which i do actively convert it to fiat because of some of my expenses but i do still save some amounts for future purposes.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100

Oh no!  There is a bright side to all this though.  If we HAD NOT bought these things with BTC, we would have not been helping BTC become more mainstream.  The fact that we all bought goods or services with it helped it become a more accepted currency and bring it to where we are at today.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
Around late 2015 I sold my whole holding of 2btc to put towards buying myself a new laptop. 2 years later and that laptop is nearing the end of its life, could've bought myself about 10 much better laptops if I held on to it until now  Angry

Bummer!  This is why I can't bring myself to buy anything with BTC anymore unless I immeidately rebuy.  I'm sure there more funny stories out there!  Anyone else?
Activity: 420
Merit: 136
Around late 2015 I sold my whole holding of 2btc to put towards buying myself a new laptop. 2 years later and that laptop is nearing the end of its life, could've bought myself about 10 much better laptops if I held on to it until now  Angry
Fun little thread idea.  With BTC flying to pluto im sure many of have thought back and said "Fuck! I wish I didn't spend BTC on....." because now its worth so much more!

I'll go first. 

Fuck!  I wish I didn't spend BTC on the Gridseed Orb miners!  That cost me 3.5 BTC back in the day!  ROI is out the window.  =(

whos next?  mods, if this is not the right category please move, but I thought it might be.
Pages:
Jump to: