Pages:
Author

Topic: ChanCoin - page 4. (Read 16190 times)

Activity: 746
Merit: 251
July 31, 2017, 04:37:08 PM
what coin is this ?

Its chan coin. Developers are busy forking the coin. Coin is cheap now great time to buy. Check the ann for roadmap. Dev said they woukd update in two weeks. Check the block explorers and wallet nodes to see progress in realtime. Coin has potential to be popular so early adopters would benefit getting in. Hope i helped.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
July 30, 2017, 05:53:36 PM
what coin is this ?
Activity: 1078
Merit: 529
July 30, 2017, 05:51:00 PM
Is this coin mining doing well?
Activity: 241
Merit: 100
cryptocronic.com
July 30, 2017, 03:52:17 PM
did you encounter same messages about Andy?

Yup, that's the original creator of the coin, apparently he had secret premine.   Read more in previous posts for drama.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 251
July 28, 2017, 07:31:23 PM
Hi Dev, as I opened my ChanCoin wallet now, messages from the wallet flashed and says many things; and most notably it says not to trust Andy, and that Andy is so and so. I'm clueless who Andy is? So what's going on?

To others here, did you encounter same messages about Andy? I mean I don't even know who he is and what his connection to ChanCoin. If anyone can tell me, please do so. Thank you
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
July 28, 2017, 11:13:05 AM
This discord link should work - https://discord.gg/wCA5wN5

I only got around to updating the website's links yesterday, things have been so hectic.

Thanks for your continued interest in our project and I look forward to getting things settled and working with community members to ensure their coins are safe.

Goss
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
My girls in my trap team all Baggin Cryptos!!!
July 28, 2017, 10:26:04 AM
Hey people, chancoin dev here. Just a quick update for those of you who aren't following along on our discord:

- As the project's founder was lying to the dev team about the amount of pre-mine he held (he claimed 1.2 million, reality was closer to 3 million) we decided to hard fork and freeze his funds. This resulted in a power struggle which ended in an eventual compromise - but not before the founder dumped close to a half-million coins on exchanges. Hooray. Currently we are working to complete the fork, get all the exchanges switched over to the new wallet etc. We will be posting a detailed-as-hell postmortem of the whole situation on our website, hopefully within 14 days at the very most.

Subsequent to this hard fork, we aim to verifiably burn down to 10% premine, or as close as we can get. Then we'll implement DGW and we're even working on a brand new PoW algo that we're hoping to introduce in the future Cheesy

Please let me know if you have questions - I apologize for not responding here sooner, we've had our hands full with our discord server and other things, as you can imagine.

Thanks,
Goss

Hey good to know my money is good. I bought roughly over 100,100 coins while they were cheap after learning about it on /biz/ I want to come to the discord but when I try the link is expired. How can i ensure these coins I bought the other day will not get burned? Will there be a swap?

Stay busy. Do what you need to do. Look forward to hearing from you in 2 weeks.
Activity: 48
July 28, 2017, 08:48:31 AM
Hey people, chancoin dev here. Just a quick update for those of you who aren't following along on our discord:

- As the project's founder was lying to the dev team about the amount of pre-mine he held (he claimed 1.2 million, reality was closer to 3 million) we decided to hard fork and freeze his funds. This resulted in a power struggle which ended in an eventual compromise - but not before the founder dumped close to a half-million coins on exchanges. Hooray. Currently we are working to complete the fork, get all the exchanges switched over to the new wallet etc. We will be posting a detailed-as-hell postmortem of the whole situation on our website, hopefully within 14 days at the very most.

Subsequent to this hard fork, we aim to verifiably burn down to 10% premine, or as close as we can get. Then we'll implement DGW and we're even working on a brand new PoW algo that we're hoping to introduce in the future Cheesy

Please let me know if you have questions - I apologize for not responding here sooner, we've had our hands full with our discord server and other things, as you can imagine.

Thanks,
Goss
July 28, 2017, 02:12:13 AM
https://trello.com/b/zWUPZhk4/chancoin-public-roadmap

I found this roadmap looks like the fork is happening now which will implement the Dark Gravity Wave Algo to address blockchain difficulty spikes.

last update was on july 17 so its kinda recent. I think They are figuring out the fork and the NEW network or whatever then get the solid team together. After that it looks like some steganographic tip model?

DRAFT ROADMAP -
Third Quarter 2017
Hard Fork Implementing Dark Gravity Wave to address blockchain difficulty spikes. Release of 4chan tipping extension as pre-packaged chrome extension (rather than userscript).
Initial testing of steganographic tripping and air-dropping features. Codification of development team processes, community processes. Fourth Quarter 2017
Alpha testing of CHANCOIN Platform, including web wallet, user identity federation and third-party developer APIs. Testing of tipping integration with third party media services (e.g. twitch, hitbox.tv, picarto) - release of public discord bot.
Initial planning and implementation of infrastructure to facilitate community consensus-building.
* First Quarter 2018 Public release of first-party reference applications utilizing the CHANCOIN platform for social gaming and social media.
Second Quarter 2018
** Beta testing of CHANCOIN Platform for third-party developers. Third Quarter 2018
** Possible Switch to PoS depending on community feedback.

Activity: 103
July 27, 2017, 09:29:16 PM
any news?
July 27, 2017, 02:55:58 PM
I think they are dealing with it now. The wallets seam to be down for maintenance. Are devs currently doing a swap?
Activity: 14
July 27, 2017, 06:30:07 AM
Once I know the premine is dealt with, I am shilling this coin hard.
July 27, 2017, 06:20:10 AM
i think promotions on the chans and chan community is key here. maybe tipping during the 4chan cup? also tons of shitposting and advertisement on 8chan is cheap
Activity: 518
Merit: 134
July 27, 2017, 03:15:21 AM
How will chancoin be promoted? I think bounty is an easy way, because this coin sees the potential to grow well, but if without bounty, I'm not sure coins will grow quickly. Maybe developers have their own way?
July 27, 2017, 02:59:04 AM
discord not working i cant join the invite has expired. I bought over 100,000 chans how can i make sure they dont get burned? I am not andy but i spent a bit o cash on them. I belieb in the memes and if we get this coins working it can be breddy gud 4 us
Activity: 12
July 26, 2017, 09:55:36 AM
3 million of the 9 mil premine were burnt already - the new patch freezes funds we are sure are andy's - those already in exchanges will need to be unfrozen, but the rest are unspendable. We will make them TRULY unspendable in a future update, sending them to the burn address. This will bring us to around 6 mil burned

https://i.imgur.com/LHJFMwi.jpg

Discord: https://discord.gg/6tdmtdy
July 26, 2017, 07:15:58 AM
can someone fill me in on the specifics of the coins being burned and how many? what address it is so i can monitor it on the block explorer and check for myself before seriously investing in this coin
Activity: 2114
Merit: 618
July 25, 2017, 04:03:51 PM
This coin has a little meaning, there are several exchanges in a short time, although the current popularity is insufficient, may have the development space in the future, attention.

For me, the name and branding is strong enough for this coin to do pretty well. As long there isn't too much pre-mine nonsense or inactivity we can expect to make good gains.

Hi, can anyone tell me how many minutes a block is generated?
Activity: 14
July 25, 2017, 09:32:45 AM
This coin has a little meaning, there are several exchanges in a short time, although the current popularity is insufficient, may have the development space in the future, attention.

For me, the name and branding is strong enough for this coin to do pretty well. As long there isn't too much pre-mine nonsense or inactivity we can expect to make good gains.
Activity: 541
Merit: 250
July 25, 2017, 08:45:33 AM
Pages:
Jump to: