Pages:
Author

Topic: Change a topic into self-moderated retrospectively / add polls retrospectively - page 2. (Read 332 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 6769
Currently not much available - see my websitelink
And sometimes, I just miss to select self-moderated and don’t know how to change it after the topic is created.

This has happened to me and I ended up leaving the topic to remain unmoderated. There is always a tendency that one could forget if your consciousness is not there.
Same here.  Cheesy Cheesy
And sometimes, I just notice it a few hours later, after several new comments below my OP.
By then, it's too late to delete / trash my topic since it would also trash the comments which were already left...

Assume that I create a topic which isn't self moderated and you make a post. (You may not want to post in my thread if it's self-moderated). Then I make the topic self-moderated and delete your post.

This should not be a big problem.
The program be written that posts which were made when the topic wasn't self moderated shouldn't be possible to be deleted. The ones which were made after the post became moderated can be deleted.
Exactly this. Would be enough to get a self-moderated topic once it's turned into a self-moderated one.
Previous comments shouldn't be affected.  Smiley
Activity: 966
Merit: 609
BTC, a coin of today and tomorrow.
And sometimes, I just miss to select self-moderated and don’t know how to change it after the topic is created.

This has happened to me and I ended up leaving the topic to remain unmoderated. There is always a tendency that one could forget if your consciousness is not there.

Assume that I create a topic which isn't self moderated and you make a post. (You may not want to post in my thread if it's self-moderated). Then I make the topic self-moderated and delete your post.

This should not be a big problem.
The program be written that posts which were made when the topic wasn't self moderated shouldn't be possible to be deleted. The ones which were made after the post became moderated can be deleted.
legendary
It's not possible to make a topic self-moderated if you didn't select "self moderated" when creating the topic.
Wow, sad to hear...
So, once a topic is created it can get filled with spam and we can't prevent that, we are just dependent on moderators deleting it?
Recently, even bans are not handled anymore consistently.
Would be nice to enable it to combat spam more effectively.

That's how it should be and I don't agree with allowing users to do so.
Doesn't make any sense in my opinion because I see zero reasons to disable it. It's just beneficial for spammers.

The poster has the right to know if his/her post can be deleted by the topic starter when making the post.
I can agree here but that could be solved by making it possible for the OP to delete only posts which were made after the topic gets changed to self-moderated.
Easy solution in my opinion.
No need to disable a change towards self-moderation retrospectively.
Same goes for adding polls.

Would be useful for some existing topics, which got spammy over time after a few dozen pages.
Just lock it, and (before locking it) make the last post point towards a new self-moderated topic.
It's a solution but that would split the discussion into 2 parts on 2 different places...
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Would be useful for some existing topics, which got spammy over time after a few dozen pages.
Just lock it, and (before locking it) make the last post point towards a new self-moderated topic.

I often forget to tick "self-moderate". Just create a new topic, and move the old one to Archival.

I’ve tried to find it, didn’t see any option.
You can't self-moderate on this board (Meta).
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
It's not possible to make a topic self-moderated if you didn't select "self moderated" when creating the topic. That's how it should be and I don't agree with allowing users to do so.
The poster has the right to know if his/her post can be deleted by the topic starter when making the post.

legendary
How is it possible to change a topic into self-moderated retrospectively?
I’ve tried to find it, didn’t see any option.
Editing a topic doesn’t offer that option currently, which is very weird and tiresome.

Same applies for adding polls retrospectively. I don't find where we can enable it after a topic has been created / for existing topics...

Edit after a few confusions:
When a topic would be changed to self-moderated, all the comments left before should get treated as it has been before (not possible to be removed). It's just about the new comments coming after the topic gets changed, which would be self-moderated.
Because when a topic is changed to self-moderated retrospectively, our message "self-moderated topic" would be displayed and everyone would see it.  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: