Pages:
Author

Topic: Change mainstream media's perception on "Bitcoin being used by thieves" - page 3. (Read 550 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109
It might be difficult to do this since people already had this idea that crypto is being used in the dark web for drugs, terrorism, scam, and etc because users are anonymous.

In time, people will find out the convenience of cryptocurrency as a whole. The problem with media is, it is too powerful that even false information or news can convince and influence people's ideas or perceptions about things.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
People who are going to be sheep and believe anything they hear on the internet, or on the TV, or from their government and not do their own research are going to keep doing so until something drastic changes their mindset. The fact is, stupid/lazy people are going to be stupid/lazy for as long as possible.

I don't think the mindset is that now, however. Maybe 3 or 4 years go, you ask anyone about bitcoin and you'll be greeted with responses like "isn't that a ponzi", or "oh, isn't that the new currency that is funding terrorism/drugs?" However, in the last couple of years, there has surprisingly been a lot of positive coverage about crypto-currencies and it's lead to a change in public perception and is prompting a lot of people to actually read about the technology before brushing it off.
I just read an article today about the same. All I had to do was google Bitcoin and there it was. "Bitcoin is Not as Popular as it Used to be, But Thieves Still Love it" This was the title of it. Which is that triggered me into this topic.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148
It's really hard to do this, because you'd need to change the mainstream media themselves:

1. They often take money or are owned by the elite, and the elite is not interested in seeing Bitcoin succeed.
2. Mainstream media love negative news, they know that they generate much more clicks than positive news.

But if you want to cover Bitcoin in a way that could appeal to everyone, you can avoid saying that it's a tool for dismantling fiat money and banks, and instead say that it's a currency with low fees, global transactions without borders, instant microtransactions (LN), etc.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753
People who are going to be sheep and believe anything they hear on the internet, or on the TV, or from their government and not do their own research are going to keep doing so until something drastic changes their mindset. The fact is, stupid/lazy people are going to be stupid/lazy for as long as possible.

I don't think the mindset is that now, however. Maybe 3 or 4 years go, you ask anyone about bitcoin and you'll be greeted with responses like "isn't that a ponzi", or "oh, isn't that the new currency that is funding terrorism/drugs?" However, in the last couple of years, there has surprisingly been a lot of positive coverage about crypto-currencies and it's lead to a change in public perception and is prompting a lot of people to actually read about the technology before brushing it off.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
I keep seeing the news that "Bitcoin is used for drugs", "Bitcoin is primarily used by thieves" pretty much every other day. The well informed people know that it isnt true but the mainstream media's perception stays the same. How do we change it and can we?
Pages:
Jump to: