Pages:
Author

Topic: change profile name on this forum? - page 2. (Read 1444 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250
In XEM we trust
December 08, 2015, 02:27:28 PM
But at the time as the forum started accepting donations it was worth about nearly nothing in comparison to the bitcoin price today. The forum then got more and more members and so they got more money through ad revenues. Now,they get enough money from the ad revenues that they wont need to accept donations anymore and it is not worth that effort for that small amount of money - that's why the donation price wasn't changed till now.
Wrong the donation amount was not removed because. And who wouldn't like a few BTC ? If we were to follow your logic the forum wouldn't need advertising auctions at all, here's the real reason
To keep a fair playing field for those that had already donated.  How would you feel if you donated 50btc to get VIP status and then they lowered the price?
Same goes for you:
They could do with lowering the donation amount to todays rates. 10 btc is mental.
How about adding new tiers. I mean we still have a few colors to chose from. We could call the old donators whales and new one shrimps. But anything goes really. I bet bitcointalk hasn't received new donations since forever.

Getting a name change should be a separate donation in my opinion without the titles.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
4 Mana 7/7
December 08, 2015, 01:51:28 PM
But at the time as the forum started accepting donations it was worth about nearly nothing in comparison to the bitcoin price today. The forum then got more and more members and so they got more money through ad revenues. Now,they get enough money from the ad revenues that they wont need to accept donations anymore and it is not worth that effort for that small amount of money - that's why the donation price wasn't changed till now.
Wrong the donation amount was not removed because. And who wouldn't like a few BTC ? If we were to follow your logic the forum wouldn't need advertising auctions at all, here's the real reason
To keep a fair playing field for those that had already donated.  How would you feel if you donated 50btc to get VIP status and then they lowered the price?
Same goes for you:
They could do with lowering the donation amount to todays rates. 10 btc is mental.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
December 08, 2015, 01:15:16 PM
Activity: 896
Merit: 508
December 08, 2015, 12:03:36 PM
Can I change my profile name on this forum?
I would like to replace it and I've been messing about with but still I do not know how  Undecided

Donate 50tbc to the forum, or create a new account with the name you want.
Still not sure if the "Donator" status allows name change or not, anyone knows about the "powers" of a Donator.
P.S: If you don't know yet, donators are people who Donated only 25 BTC as opposed to 50 BTC for VIP
Wrong, Donator was 10BTC. Still is, but I don't know if anyone wants a green coin on the forum for over 3K bucks.
10 btc is worth about 4k $ now (price is rising)
legendary
Activity: 1386
English <-> Portuguese translations
December 08, 2015, 07:09:18 AM
I would like to replace it and I've been messing about with but still I do not know how  Undecided

Still not sure if the "Donator" status allows name change or not, anyone knows about the "powers" of a Donator.
P.S: If you don't know yet, donators are people who Donated only 25 BTC as opposed to 50 BTC for VIP
Wrong, Donator was 10BTC. Still is, but I don't know if anyone wants a green coin on the forum for over 3K bucks.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
4 Mana 7/7
December 08, 2015, 07:04:11 AM

P.S: If you don't know yet, donators are people who Donated only 25 10(wonder when that happened, last I saw the donation page I think it was 25) BTC as opposed to 50 BTC for VIP

Seems it gives them only these powers
If you donate 10 BTC, you can get a special "Donator" title and a green "who's online" color. Both Donators and VIPs also get access to an exclusive forum section.
legendary
Activity: 1008
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
December 08, 2015, 06:20:11 AM
I'm afraid as it stands,  those of us who picked rubbish forum names are stuck with them   Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1386
English <-> Portuguese translations
December 08, 2015, 06:17:13 AM

50 btc okay that's a bit steep for a name change.

It wasn't that expensive a couple years ago when the policy was created.  The powers decided not to change the donation amount to keep up with price changes.

Why is that?

To preserve the glory from the people that donated back in the old days. Just kidding.
It was already discussed to have a "newer" VIP rank, to reduce the amount of BTC to be one, but have the same benefits but making easy to see if the person donated recently or in the past.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
December 08, 2015, 06:15:45 AM
Why is that?

I would assume to keep a fair playing field for those that had already donated.  How would you feel if you donated 50btc to get VIP status and then they lowered the price?
Activity: 434
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 08, 2015, 06:15:36 AM
ouch 50 btc!!! wowsers I think at that point I would just deal with a name I dont like lol
Activity: 506
Merit: 500
December 08, 2015, 06:13:53 AM

It wasn't that expensive a couple years ago when the policy was created.  The powers decided not to change the donation amount to keep up with price changes.

Why is that?

Vod
legendary
December 08, 2015, 06:12:05 AM

Activity: 506
Merit: 500
December 08, 2015, 06:10:39 AM

Vod
legendary
December 08, 2015, 05:58:58 AM

Activity: 812
December 08, 2015, 05:58:23 AM
I would like to replace it and I've been messing about with but still I do not know how  Undecided
Pages:
Jump to: