Pages:
Author

Topic: Change pushpool difficulty - [BOUNTY] - page 2. (Read 5714 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
July 11, 2011, 06:12:14 PM
hey there, changing the difficulty in pushpool will not help you, as the miner softwares themselves only report shares that fall under their setup difficulty. IE if pushpoold would accept shares with lower difficulties, miners would still have to be altered as well to deliver them to pushpoold
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
July 11, 2011, 05:04:50 PM
I will pay 1 BTC to someone that tells me which files to edit to change the default work difficulty to say 10 and 50 and 100 in pushpool. I want to set up a pool and can see a couple of places but have no idea what to change it to or if those are all of the spots. Can anyone help me out? I know it has to be really easy. Does anyone that runs a pool have some tips and hints to keep CPU usage low or to limit the amount of get work requests per worker? I was thinking about opening it up to botnets but with a higher difficulty it should still give GPU's an advantage. How stupid of an idea is that? Remember, just an idea. I really want to change the difficulty.

Also, another 1 BTC for someone to provide code to implement pushpool doing a SHA512 hash on the supplied password and modifying the database to have not just a user and password but also a salt field. Sure worker usernames aren't really as secure as say the web interface by why would we not protect those while we are at it too? Is that another dumb idea of mine?
Pages:
Jump to: